Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All

Author Topic: rumored 120 horse indian motor's likely impact on CVO mkt  (Read 6042 times)

groupw

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CO

• CVO1: Silver/Silver '16 SERGU
rumored 120 horse indian motor's likely impact on CVO mkt
« on: April 18, 2019, 12:08:45 AM »

just thinking about the rumored 120 hp Indian motor that's speculated to be coming in a new fixed fairing model.

I'm not familiar w/the hp output of the M8117 but thinking that 120 would still be a sizable jump up.

...... and wondering how that would impact the CVO market.
i'm quite happy w/the SERGU i have, so it won't impact me
..... but others might be tempted by 120hp outta the box

besides, i think the twin cam looks way better than that water jacket.

scottt

• Elite CVO Member
Re: rumored 120 horse indian motor's likely impact on CVO mkt
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2019, 07:07:07 AM »

Will have a significant impact. It's not just a new 120hp motor, it's the whole package. A better frame and suspension with mono rear shock for starters.

Motorcycles are a very personal thing. Some put style above everything else and Harley leads for those buyers in my opinion. Harley leads with dealer accessibility, customization options as well. The largest motorcycle social group, HOG.

Others place higher degrees of value on performance, handling, features, safety, comfort, quality and value.

While i don't personally own or desire a Indian motorcycle, I'm happy to see a new model that's more than fancy paint and chrome. This new Indian should appeal to buyers that want an American built bike with traditional V-twin style along with performance, handling and comfort.

Harley will have no choice but to compete and that's a very good thing. Current CVO electra glides will be impacted the most when Harley introduces a new bike that takes this new Indian on. My bet is that this happens sooner than later.

Sent from my SM-J327T using Tapatalk

ultrarider123

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2019, 07:08:43 AM »

It is an interesting bike and motor coming from Indian.  I look forward to seeing, hearing and maybe riding it at some point but purchasing?  Not sure.  However, I don't ever say never anymore...but I don't see a new bike in my near or far future from any manufacturer.

muddypaws

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2012 FLHTCUS7

• CVO1: 2005 CVO
    • CVO2: 2009 CVO SEUC
    • CVO3: 2017 CVO LIMITED
    • Re/Max
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2019, 07:28:43 AM »

For sure would consider...
Bill

T-Roy

• Elite CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Road King - Traded In
    • CVO2: 2019 Indian Chieftain Limited
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2019, 07:40:05 AM »

Well I already made the jump over to Indian. I was tempted to wait for the water cooled bike but I did not want to wait another 2 years. I say 2 years because I try not to buy engines in the same year they are released. I put a deposit on the red bike in this picture yesterday. I am having them add their PowerBand Audio system and their 116 CI Big Bore Kit along with every chrome bit they have available for it. They did not have a Chieftain Elite Model this year so I am adding all of the stuff that an Elite would have plus the Big Bore Kit and a few other things. Came out to 38,400 including labor and before trade and taxes. A guy from Texas is going to meet me at the Indian Dealership to buy my 2013 CVO Road King on a courtesy trade. If that falls through I will just trade the Road King.

I sure have enjoyed the interaction with the folks here over the last 6 years or so!!!

ultrarider123

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2019, 08:46:09 AM »

Roy, that is a beautiful color.  There's one at the K'ville Indian store that color.  Looks great in the sunshine, too.  That 116 kit really puts life in an already potent power plant...good deal for you, sir.

You do know that...

:worthless:
« Last Edit: April 18, 2019, 08:57:13 AM by Haird »

D-N-D

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • PA

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTKSE Limited / Moonlight Blue & Deep Sea Blue
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2019, 08:53:59 AM »

Roy, That is a very nice looking bike !! Good Luck With the New Ride.
DND

CVODON

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 15 FLTRUSE
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2019, 05:27:20 PM »

To me it would have no effect. I would not buy another brand, ever. I like my HD products.

bigchuck

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TX

• CVO1: 2015 Limited
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2019, 09:12:36 PM »

To me it would have no effect. I would not buy another brand, ever. I like my HD products.

I understand your point but hopefully competition will effect all of us or at least those who purchase a new bike in the future. Competition is the only thing that pushes manufacturers to improve their products. If not for competition we would still be driving cars that rust out in eight years and need a new motors at 80,000 miles.
2015 CVO Limited
Long Ride Shield
Fullsac dx w/2"cores, TTS tuned by Wolfgang
Super Shox

mark

« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2019, 09:50:42 PM »

If the bike pictured makes it to production, it has inverted forks, radial disc brakes, and 120 hp.  You know IM will offer stage 2 cams, hi flow A/C, maybe a big bore kit.  Throw in better exhaust, a dyno tune, what would be talking then...140 hp? 

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2019, 10:48:00 PM »

Will be interesting to see what the actual numbers of this Indian are.  Also what does HD have to counter this, if anything?
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

mark

« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2019, 11:23:36 PM »

Just saw this pop up on the IM site:

scottt

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2019, 12:50:16 AM »

Will be interesting to see what the actual numbers of this Indian are.  Also what does HD have to counter this, if anything?
Harley has no choice but to compete. They must have a big touring platform upgrade ready to go.

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2019, 08:12:48 AM »

Harley has no choice but to compete. They must have a big touring platform upgrade ready to go.

HD's focus has been on electric & the smaller engine bikes, several new entries.  Likely they have a bigger touring engine in the works, am wondering if they do then when will it be introduced?  The 117 is not that old.
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2019, 08:23:19 AM »

Just saw this pop up on the IM site:

Those bars have to go. No way could I ride something like that. My shoulder blades would be on fire in 15 miles.
PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All

Page created in 0.15 seconds with 21 queries.