Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: USB playlist  (Read 1518 times)

Glenncarp

USB playlist
« on: April 28, 2019, 12:49:04 PM »

Was going to buy a new iPod touch to use with the bike as the new GTS system doesn't recognize any iPod except for a newer (5th or 6th gen) one. Decided it was crazy to spend $300 for something I use two or three times a week. Loaded all my music onto a USB stick and it works perfectly. I'm able to search by artist, genre and songs. Just wondering if anybody has found a way to also use playlist on a USB?

WTF Chuck

• IBA 74296
  • 1K CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 2012 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic Sold
    • CVO2: 2014 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic
    • CVO3: 2022 Screamin Eagle Road Glide Limited
    • Muck Cross Weather
Re: USB playlist
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2019, 08:35:42 PM »

This is what I use to build my play lists Playlist Creator 3.6.2 and
 they will also need to be placed in the root of the USB stick.

Fullsac DX Pipe  2" cores and screens
Dynojet  Power  Vision  Tuner
KST's
HARLEY 28 SPOKE CHROME WHEELS
Custom Dynamics Dynamic Ringz Magic Strobe-LTP
WHAT' S Next
Darkside
Ecsta PA31
195/60/16

HighOnHD

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • WA

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE UV Blue/Molten Lava
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2019, 02:21:55 PM »

For those who want to use a MAC to create playlists you can follow the instructions in the following link. The instructions may be difficult for some, but it really only takes a minute to set this up. After you set it up all you have to do is select the folder that has your music in it, right click and select "Create Playlist". It will automatically create a playlist for you using the same name of the folder you selected. Then just copy the folder and the playlist file to your USB stick. You can do this for as many folders as you wish that can all fit in the USB stick. Hope this helps.

https://github.com/bmatcuk/Create-Playlist.workflow

Glenncarp

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2019, 01:41:12 PM »

This is what I use to build my play lists Playlist Creator 3.6.2 and
 they will also need to be placed in the root of the USB stick.

Thanks for reply, downloaded as suggested, tried for last hour to add file to program and all i get is a ding sound and file does not show up. Frustrated and no help is available aside from email. I give up

WTF Chuck

• IBA 74296
  • 1K CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 2012 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic Sold
    • CVO2: 2014 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic
    • CVO3: 2022 Screamin Eagle Road Glide Limited
    • Muck Cross Weather
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2019, 05:33:23 PM »

I think this is the tread that I followed to learn how to do it good luck.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/new-rushmore-models/1144605-figured-out-how-to-create-playlists-long-post.html

Fullsac DX Pipe  2" cores and screens
Dynojet  Power  Vision  Tuner
KST's
HARLEY 28 SPOKE CHROME WHEELS
Custom Dynamics Dynamic Ringz Magic Strobe-LTP
WHAT' S Next
Darkside
Ecsta PA31
195/60/16

Glenncarp

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2019, 07:38:35 AM »

I think this is the tread that I followed to learn how to do it good luck.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/new-rushmore-models/1144605-figured-out-how-to-create-playlists-long-post.html

Wow, that was a huge help! Thanks.

Just an FYI to those following these directions, open "Settings" at top of play list creator, then on left window, go to "file types", make sure you drag MP4, AAC or whatever file type you are using to the left window, otherwise the program will not let you add music and will just "ding, ding, ding" with no warning as to why you are screwing up. Lol

Took me while to figure out, now it is simple. I even was able to drag and drop my playlists right from Itunes into the program

Glenncarp

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2019, 08:18:51 AM »

Wow, that was a huge help! Thanks.

Just an FYI to those following these directions, open "Settings" at top of play list creator, then on left window, go to "file types", make sure you drag MP4, AAC or whatever file type you are using to the left window, otherwise the program will not let you add music and will just "ding, ding, ding" with no warning as to why you are screwing up. Lol

Took me while to figure out, now it is simple. I even was able to drag and drop my playlists right from Itunes into the program

Hmmm, lost again. View playlists on USB drive, all sons there. Play them with Itunes and windows media player. Plug USB into bike,  playlists show up. open a play list and bike says  "no playable media found". Search for song in playlist  on USB outside of playlist and find it and it plays. WTF?

Glenncarp

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2019, 10:59:25 AM »

Hmmm, lost again. View playlists on USB drive, all sons there. Play them with Itunes and windows media player. Plug USB into bike,  playlists show up. open a play list and bike says  "no playable media found". Search for song in playlist  on USB outside of playlist and find it and it plays. WTF?

For those following: Found issue, you cannot drag and drop from Itunes, you need to move the music from your computer. Found easier way though,if you open iTunes, go to the playlist you created in there and  right click on a song, there is an option (in Windows anyway) "open location in file explorer" Then you can drag and drop the song into the playlist program. Sucks to have to find each artist, then each album and then find the song, this makes it a bit easier.

fxe77rebel

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • MD

« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2019, 02:58:31 PM »

There's an app for that.

If you are using iTunes / a macOS, it's called Export for iTunes. ($7.99) It's easy to use, the Boom box is a little quirky with it at times but less then with an iPod.

Page created in 0.143 seconds with 21 queries.