Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Wireless Headset SPH10  (Read 1197 times)

taweir

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • KY

• CVO1: 2021 CVO TRI-GLIDE
Wireless Headset SPH10
« on: May 02, 2019, 01:41:07 PM »

Afternoon,

I have a 2018 CVO and purchased the SPH10 Wireless headset.  Everything works great except.  When I am riding down the road my headset keeps saying Intercom Failed Try Again Later.  I do not ride two up, don't use the intercom but this Intercom Failed thing is driving me nuts.  I have called Sena, waste of time, Harley Dealer is not much help.  Have any of you had the same issue and have you found a fix.  This Intercom failed thing is even worse when I make a cell phone call.  The headsets cut off the call and I get  Intercom Failed Try Again Later.  The party I am trying to talk with says they can here me, but this  Intercom Failed Try Again Later does not allow me to talk.  Everytime I try to say something I get  Intercom Failed Try Again Later.  Help if you can.

Glenncarp

Re: Wireless Headset SPH10
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2019, 06:55:05 AM »

Afternoon,

I have a 2018 CVO and purchased the SPH10 Wireless headset.  Everything works great except.  When I am riding down the road my headset keeps saying Intercom Failed Try Again Later.  I do not ride two up, don't use the intercom but this Intercom Failed thing is driving me nuts.  I have called Sena, waste of time, Harley Dealer is not much help.  Have any of you had the same issue and have you found a fix.  This Intercom failed thing is even worse when I make a cell phone call.  The headsets cut off the call and I get  Intercom Failed Try Again Later.  The party I am trying to talk with says they can here me, but this  Intercom Failed Try Again Later does not allow me to talk.  Everytime I try to say something I get  Intercom Failed Try Again Later.  Help if you can.

Might be a stupid question, but I am pretty sure you can turn intercom off, have you tried that? if not, then maybe try switching intercom to the speakers to see if that resolves the issue, or if the warning now comes through the speakers rather than the headset.

taweir

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • KY

• CVO1: 2021 CVO TRI-GLIDE
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2019, 11:06:47 AM »

Hey, thanks for the input.  Dum Ass me did not know that the intercom and vox were turned on in the headset itself.  So I turned both of them off in the headset and have had no more issues.  The intercom was turned off on the bike.  It was just the headsets trying to find the person on the other end of the intercom and no one was there.

winkjr

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NJ

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2019, 04:01:27 PM »

Does anyone know if you hook up your headset that comes with your bike if the speakers in the fairing and the saddlebags still play while the headset is paired?
Don't let that distract you from the fact that In 1972, a crack commando unit was sent to prison by a military court for a crime they didn't commit. These men promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the Los Angeles underground. Today, still wanted by the government they survive as soldiers of fortune. If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them....maybe you can hire The  A-Team.

Glenncarp

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2019, 04:09:54 PM »

Does anyone know if you hook up your headset that comes with your bike if the speakers in the fairing and the saddlebags still play while the headset is paired?

Depends on year of bike, if touch screen, go into the sound settings and there are sliders for radio, GPS and Comm, you can choose what get played where, either headset or bike.

winkjr

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NJ

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2019, 05:25:26 PM »

ok thanks Im going to mess with it then. i just got done putting it on my helmet.
Don't let that distract you from the fact that In 1972, a crack commando unit was sent to prison by a military court for a crime they didn't commit. These men promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the Los Angeles underground. Today, still wanted by the government they survive as soldiers of fortune. If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them....maybe you can hire The  A-Team.

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2019, 08:24:58 PM »

On the head unit you select the audio routing, to the head seat or to the bike speakers.  You can route phone and music the same or different, same with voice prompts. 
2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,

winkjr

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NJ

« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2019, 02:54:17 PM »

On the head unit you select the audio routing, to the head seat or to the bike speakers.  You can route phone and music the same or different, same with voice prompts.
Yeah I tried this today. I thought maybe the music you could be played over both. But you can’t. I have the Simpson ghost bandit. I installed the 20s headset that came  with the bike. I mad a few phone calls listened to some music. The music sounds worse at speed in my helmet than on the bike. The phone calls were good as long as I wasn’t doing highway speeds. My opinion is it’s not worth the hassle or the potential danger you put yourself in by fiddling with all this stuff. If rider to passenger communication is that important I’ll just stop. If general hand signal don’t work with someone I’m riding with I’ll stop and communicate the old fashioned way.

So I will be taking that system off my helmet and possibly selling it. If someone needs a 2nd be on the lookout for that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page created in 0.274 seconds with 22 queries.