Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]

Author Topic: High Speed Wobble?  (Read 23072 times)

erniezap

• Global Moderator
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 SEUC - Black/Orange
Re: High Speed Wobble?
« Reply #180 on: November 23, 2005, 10:31:25 AM »

Hi Scrrem,Are you running with or with out your tour pak

From what I've been told, taking the tour pak off makes a big difference.  It streamlines the bike
2012 Black/Orange SEUC

SAC

• Full CVO Member
  • Real Mother F** N.C.C. 3%
« Reply #181 on: November 28, 2005, 06:35:14 PM »

I had been experiencing the high speed wobble quite a bit and happened to have the bike in for the 10K service, new tires and warranty work for a cracked exhaust, and they told me they had also found and repaired a broken motor mount .  Didn't think too much about it at the time, but I have not experienced the wobble since getting it back and have since put on another 1K miles or so.

SEUC-OCD

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE - OCD
« Reply #182 on: November 30, 2005, 05:39:38 PM »

Is the wobble only experienced at high speeds?  And what is considered high-speed: highway speed or racing speed?

Has anyone encountered it at low speeds?  I have encountered a "wobble" where the handle bars/wheel rock back and forth with increaing intensity until I grab hold firmly and/or accelerate.  I have encountered it more than once on 2 different bikes at low speeds while decelerating in gear while I had very little or no pressure on the handle bars.  The first time was on an 86 SuperGlide years ago when slowing down for a light and adjusting my glasses with both hands.  I have also experienced it on my GoldWing at low and high-speeds.

I think the low speed wobble is also what killed Indian larry.   :'(
Of course he was standing on the back, so he had no chance to regain control.

Is this the same wobble?  I have no resolution, just an observation that it has occured on other bikes.
84 GoldWing GL1200i (mint... pretty much)
06 FLHTCUSE Black/Haze (on order)  ETA: Q2-2006

CVOinLV

« Reply #183 on: December 01, 2005, 11:12:11 AM »

My 2001 Fatboy wobbled a little at speeds over 40 mph and that turned out to be a cupped front tire that was almost new.  Not sure why it cupped but replaced it and never had the problem again.  Now with the 2006 FLHTCUSE, it seems like the broken motor mount has fixed all wobble.  Yippy I A   [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]

Page created in 0.122 seconds with 21 queries.