Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8  All

Author Topic: New SERK Can't Take Hoist's Abuse!  (Read 14810 times)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: New SERK Can't Take Hoist's Abuse!
« Reply #30 on: May 25, 2007, 03:08:21 AM »

Hoist,

I think you need to accept that there are people who own more bikes, hide harder, longer and faster than you do. And if you do choose to not accept this, it is still a fact.

This forum is about sharing information and solutions. Most of your posts are purely egocentric and now you start ranting and using "f*ck" and "sh*t" type of words. In my opinion this is not your personal anger management class, and I am lead to believe that a great many users share that opinion with me. It is entertaining for a while, but it gets boring rather quickly. I suggest you return to the facts, and let us know some solutions once you are ready to share them.

I am out of this thread for good now, since I do know you will never give up posting just another reply.

Louis

Louis, this site is about sharing information and solutions.  It's also a place to vent when your bike isn't behaving or when the travel gods have screwed with you. 

This site is far more collegial, personal and humanistic than it is academic.  We're lucky to have a bounty of good information that is freely and easily shared among the brothers and sisters.  We're even luckier to have the brothers and sisters.  And we realize this.  So we generally take them as they are.  We cut them some slack when they're having bad days.  And we move on.

In your voluminous additions to this site (all 57 posts of them) it's unfortunate you didn't completely grasp our general personality.  Or at least that you didn't choose to fully appreciate it. 

So what if a guy is having a bad day/week/whatever with his bike and just needs to vent a little?  Live with it.  Hell, you might even commiserate a little rather than heralding over him with stories of a bike that's performed better or days that have been ridden differently.

I'm sure you're proud of 1k mile days.  You may even be disappointed that your mention of them didn't attract the fanfare you were looking for (since you rather belabored the point).  But a lot of us here ride decent days.  It's just not a big deal. 

Quite frankly most of us don't care whether someone rides 1000 mile days or whether they stop after two tank fulls.  The only things we think important are that they ride and they enjoy it.

Most of us do care, however, if someone is having a bad stretch with their bike though.  Or having a bad time with their shop.  Fortunately as a group we're generally not so selfish that we can't act like it.  We recognize their own perhaps slightly bumpy stretch before lording on about our own expectations or miles covered.  But that's just most of us.

hard10

• Emperor of the Imperial Grand Masters of Sarcasm
  • 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE²
« Reply #31 on: May 25, 2007, 03:18:45 AM »

In your voluminous additions to this site (all 57 posts of them) it's unfortunate you didn't completely grasp our general personality.  Or at least that you didn't choose to fully appreciate it. 

2LN, I think you're the first to make it to quadruple secret probation!

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #32 on: May 25, 2007, 03:30:49 AM »

2LN, I think you're the first to make it to quadruple secret probation!

AJ, some such awards are taken willingly.

Boatman

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2010 SEUC-accident victim-gone
    • CVO3: 2005 SEEG-traded on 2010
« Reply #33 on: May 25, 2007, 06:12:28 AM »

I think the MOCO would be ahead just to give Howie a couple of bikes a year for Binx and him to test.  Their real world tests would be much better for the end consumer than what the MOCO is doing currently.  Could you imagine the daily logs the MOCO would get each day-would probably have to update their computer system too.
All in fun Hoist, hope it all gets worked out to your satisfaction.

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2009 cvo roadglide
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO StreetKing
« Reply #34 on: May 25, 2007, 06:58:09 AM »

I just wish I could jerk one of Hoist's plug wires off about now. And pour a little motor oil on the floor under his SERK.

AND Twolane, KUDOS to you my man! You tell it like it is.
It's not the destination. It's the Journey.

Boatman

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2010 SEUC-accident victim-gone
    • CVO3: 2005 SEEG-traded on 2010
« Reply #35 on: May 25, 2007, 08:09:58 AM »

I just wish I could jerk one of Hoist's plug wires off about now. And pour a little motor oil on the floor under his SERK.

AND Twolane, KUDOS to you my man! You tell it like it is.

That would be too good!   And at least with Don, you know where you stand.

SOKOOLJ

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: FLHRSE3
« Reply #36 on: May 25, 2007, 09:33:37 AM »

Here's to you HOIST...  :drink:
I for one know what those "bad days" are like. After all the issues with this scoot, I'm just glad I have'nt had any more since the dreadfull replacement. Now I'm just waiting for the next one to occur, like leaking heads, etc. Till then, I'll ride her Hoist style. Cheers to ya Brother.

SOKOOL

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
« Reply #37 on: May 25, 2007, 10:16:38 AM »

if a touring bike cannot be ridden multiple days at highway speeds and slightly above  ;) then the MOCO shoulnt not be selling them as touring bikes.  i thought nothing of pointing my SERK towards cripple creek last summer from MA ( 2000+ miles )and arriving 3 days later dog tired and extremley thirsty for some good  :drink: didnt have any issues with my 95" motor WFP rode with me the whole way he had no issues with his 103" CUSE neither of us had issues with the other 4000+ miles we put on during the return trip. during this trip we did many miles well over 10,000 feet in elavation and the EFI worked fine. worked fine in the rain, worked fine in hail, worked fine in a snow flurry on the top of pikes peak, never once puked oil, never lost my odometer, we ran in just about every condition possible, no problems......

but if either of us came back here reporting issues and had a reply that maybe its the rider..... we'd probally get pretty testy about it too
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #38 on: May 25, 2007, 01:29:31 PM »

Thank you all for your kind statements, responses and support regarding this. I was originally a little shocked and personally offended, by the gall of this man  Louis to blame me for the problems many of us have been experiencing with these 110's. To receive treatment like this from a member I've barely spoken to, really got my goat! He's even helped me and answered some of  my questions in the past. I had a bad day with my bike and attributed his rather rough response to a bad day on his end. So I just walked away last night. I had just gotten home from riding it most of the day, and for the first time, evaluating it objectively, instead of emotionally because of my love for this bike. Since it truly is the best riding RK I've ever owned/ridden, I blinded myself to many of the issues. The bike's running even crappier now, and I really started to put into perspective all the problems we're experiencing. It might be an intake leak or the head gasket getting worse, but it's running like crap and doesn't want to idle, which you can't even adjust. And I was annoyed.

You all know I like to play around here and how much I love my motorcycles. But more importantly, I think you all know how much I value this site, learning from you folks and helping you all whenever I can. I know I can be a little annoying in my NY way, but I think you all know that it's all in good fun, and also, how much I love this place. I must be perfectly honest here. I almost had enough last night and contemplated leaving. After explaining this to my wife who's now fellow member, and discussing things with a couple of members whose relationship I value dearly, it was easy to understand that this was clearly not an option! You must continue to put up with my chit, whether you like it or not! ;D

So I'll give Louis the benefit of the doubt this time, and assume he was in a bad place when he responded to me, as I was when I respond to him. But notice I didn't ask for it. I still can't explain why he chose to start with me. He could never know the state of mind I was in though when he did. I know it's become very frustrating for all of us in dealing with HD and the problems they've shoved down our throats with these 110's. But if you were lucky enough, and I do mean LUCKY Louis, to get a good one, don't flaunt it or throw it in member's faces who are having these issues. You really can't believe that you're the only one that knows how to ride a motorcycle. Or that you're better and ride more than everyone else. We all have our own riding styles and "Ride our Ride". I'm flexible and happy to ride with other's in their style if mine is too aggressive for them and we're riding together.

Bragging about how many miles a day is childish. Who cares. Like bragging about a lot of posting vs. others making issues and whining about someone posting too much. Who cares. My CVO Pickup ride brought me many new friends, whose relationships I now value dearly. And the miles are the miles. Yeah, I've ridden from NYC to Sturgis before in two days, 2200 miles, not kilometers! But who cares! I normally wouldn't mention it, but it seemed noteworthy here. That's not for everyone, but that doesn't matter to me. If you feel that my input is egocentric and offers no value, I'm sorry you feel that way. Apparently others disagree with you on this and do value my opinion. Frankly, looking at this today made me realize that you seem to have something to prove to everyone. I do not. I have no agenda here except to help others, learn, and get to know my fellow members. I am doing all of that and will not allow your childish behavior to stand in my way. Nor will I respond on your childish level again. If you have an issue, PM me and I'll be happy to respond. Or ignore me and we won't care if either of us exist at all.

We have a tremendous asset created by Neal for us all to enjoy and share. I will not do anything to undermine what is clearly the best site I've been on. I value and respect it too much. Thank you all for bearing with my anger last night and understanding that even I have a bad day once in awhile! ::) Give Louis the benefit of the doubt that he had one too.

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2009 cvo roadglide
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO StreetKing
« Reply #39 on: May 25, 2007, 01:44:21 PM »

You still ain't getting my last BudLight.
It's not the destination. It's the Journey.

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

« Reply #40 on: May 25, 2007, 01:56:07 PM »

but you can have some home brew in about 48 hrs

Binx

• Hoist's BSR
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #41 on: May 25, 2007, 01:58:26 PM »

Thank you all for your kind statements, responses and support regarding this. I was originally a little shocked and personally offended, by the gall of this man  Louis to blame me for the problems many of us have been experiencing with these 110's. To receive treatment like this from a member I've barely spoken to, really got my goat! He's even helped me and answered some of  my questions in the past. I had a bad day with my bike and attributed his rather rough response to a bad day on his end. So I just walked away last night. I had just gotten home from riding it most of the day, and for the first time, evaluating it objectively, instead of emotionally because of my love for this bike. Since it truly is the best riding RK I've ever owned/ridden, I blinded myself to many of the issues. The bike's running even crappier now, and I really started to put into perspective all the problems we're experiencing. It might be an intake leak or the head gasket getting worse, but it's running like crap and doesn't want to idle, which you can't even adjust. And I was annoyed.

You all know I like to play around here and how much I love my motorcycles. But more importantly, I think you all know how much I value this site, learning from you folks and helping you all whenever I can. I know I can be a little annoying in my NY way, but I think you all know that it's all in good fun, and also, how much I love this place. I must be perfectly honest here. I almost had enough last night and contemplated leaving. After explaining this to my wife who's now fellow member, and discussing things with a couple of members whose relationship I value dearly, it was easy to understand that this was clearly not an option! You must continue to put up with my chit, whether you like it or not! ;D

So I'll give Louis the benefit of the doubt this time, and assume he was in a bad place when he responded to me, as I was when I respond to him. But notice I didn't ask for it. I still can't explain why he chose to start with me. He could never know the state of mind I was in though when he did. I know it's become very frustrating for all of us in dealing with HD and the problems they've shoved down our throats with these 110's. But if you were lucky enough, and I do mean LUCKY Louis, to get a good one, don't flaunt it or throw it in member's faces who are having these issues. You really can't believe that you're the only one that knows how to ride a motorcycle. Or that you're better and ride more than everyone else. We all have our own riding styles and "Ride our Ride". I'm flexible and happy to ride with other's in their style if mine is too aggressive for them and we're riding together.

Bragging about how many miles a day is childish. Who cares. Like bragging about a lot of posting vs. others making issues and whining about someone posting too much. Who cares. My CVO Pickup ride brought me many new friends, whose relationships I now value dearly. And the miles are the miles. Yeah, I've ridden from NYC to Sturgis before in two days, 2200 miles, not kilometers! But who cares! I normally wouldn't mention it, but it seemed noteworthy here. That's not for everyone, but that doesn't matter to me. If you feel that my input is egocentric and offers no value, I'm sorry you feel that way. Apparently others disagree with you on this and do value my opinion. Frankly, looking at this today made me realize that you seem to have something to prove to everyone. I do not. I have no agenda here except to help others, learn, and get to know my fellow members. I am doing all of that and will not allow your childish behavior to stand in my way. Nor will I respond on your childish level again. If you have an issue, PM me and I'll be happy to respond. Or ignore me and we won't care if either of us exist at all.

We have a tremendous asset created by Neal for us all to enjoy and share. I will not do anything to undermine what is clearly the best site I've been on. I value and respect it too much. Thank you all for bearing with my anger last night and understanding that even I have a bad day once in awhile! ::) Give Louis the benefit of the doubt that he had one too.

Hoist! 8)

Beautifully stated Honey!  :sweetheart:
wut?

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #42 on: May 25, 2007, 01:58:59 PM »

but you can have some home brew in about 48 hrs
You still have that new flavor you came up with for Howie..... "I'vegottohavefairingandmusiconmymotorcycle". :huepfenlol2:

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

« Reply #43 on: May 25, 2007, 02:09:19 PM »

sure do its a nice smooth red..... I hear those are the fastest  :zroflmao:

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #44 on: May 25, 2007, 02:10:36 PM »

sure do its a nice smooth red..... I hear those are the fastest  :zroflmao:

Neal, be nice now or I might have to complain to a Moderator! ::) Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8  All

Page created in 0.25 seconds with 21 queries.