Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All

Author Topic: S&S Single Bore Tuned Intake  (Read 13725 times)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
S&S Single Bore Tuned Intake
« on: June 16, 2007, 10:19:43 AM »

Is anyone using this intake system? http://www.sscycle.com/  Click on Feature to read more. As you know, I'm doing the cams and TB next week then getting the bike re-tuned. I'm also testing 3 exhaust systems during the tune; S&S SPO's w/V&H TD's, same mufflers w/stock headpipes, and D&D Fatcats w/quiet baffle. It was suggested that I try this system as it's supposed to really help provide better TQ in the low and mid ranges, without sacrificing any top end performance. I'm told my tuner loves this system, but I haven't spoken with him yet. I'm not crazy about the looks. I prefer the Classic S&S Teardrop, but numbers will speak for themselves. I'll probably test this system too with the best performing exhaust system I try. I'm curious to hear if anyone is using it, what you think, and if it's in the way of your legs at all. They make it in a Teardrop Style also, but it doesn't look like anything more than I'm doing with my Doherty PP right now. It's difficult to navigate the S&S site, but if you want more info on it, click Products, Product Catalogs and open the '07 Twin Cam Performance Guide Catalog. They make a real HiPo one, but it requires their twin bore TB and their FI module. Not ready to go that far yet. But the Single Bore Tuned Intake sounded very promising. Any thoughts?

Hoist! 8)
« Last Edit: June 16, 2007, 10:47:49 AM by Hoist »
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
Re: S&S Single Bore Tuned Intake
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2007, 10:49:40 AM »

P.44

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Talon

• Life is like a jar of jalapenos, what you do today may get you in the a$$ tomorrow!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2007, 11:22:14 AM »

Hoist, not sure which bike you doing, but if this is you main long distance rider, I just be worried about an open element filter in any real rain.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2007, 11:28:37 AM »

Hoist, not sure which bike you doing, but if this is you main long distance rider, I just be worried about an open element filter in any real rain.

I kinda have that issue now with the Doherty PP and S&S Desperado Slotted Teardrop Cover. I think any open A/C is prone to this, even behind a cover. But I agree, being wide open, it's got to get wetter. That's why I asked about it. Thanks Talon.

Hoist!

ggraves427

• Senior CVO Member
  • It's a clean machine.
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2007, 11:48:37 AM »

I have it on my bike and I am very happy with it.  With seat of the pants dyno test, I know it runs faster. Having said that, I have not and probably won't ride it in a heavy rain storm unless I am just caught out. I have not had the lowers on since I installed the S&S unit, you may have to leave the glovebox door off, not sure, no big deal for me.  I have received several compliments and inquiries. Please don't be abusive, I'll get you a photo. 
2004 B&B, SEEG, Power Commander, S&S dual runner to single bore Tuned Air Induction System , D&D Performance 2 into 1 with fake left side, spoiler lights, LED lights, air horns, front fender spear, chopped tour box, in dash oil temp. guage

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2007, 11:52:11 AM »

I have it on my bike and I am very happy with it.  With seat of the pants dyno test, I know it runs faster. Having said that, I have not and probably won't ride it in a heavy rain storm unless I am just caught out. I have not had the lowers on since I installed the S&S unit, you may have to leave the glovebox door off, not sure, no big deal for me.  I have received several compliments and inquiries. Please don't be abusive, I'll get you a photo. 

Thanks hotline. How about leg room. Any interference, or is it out of the way enough that you can sit normal? And pics would be great! :2vrolijk_21: Hoist! 8)

Bagger

• Junior CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2007, 09:35:58 PM »

Hoist & Hotlineguy

IMHO, the S&S Dual setup would look great on bagger.  I hope you do have the opportunity to dyno it. I'm on the fence about replacing my Doherty PowerPacc just for the looks of it.  I've scoured the internet and can't find any comparisons against larger round air filters and haven't seen any magazine articles.  It was S&S's claim of improving low-mid range TQ that caught my eye initially.

It does cover up the front cylinder though - it's a big part for sure.

« Last Edit: June 17, 2007, 09:55:10 PM by Bagger »
2002 Road King Classic (117ci  (CR 10.62:1 / 
S&S 4 3/8” Flywheel / Baisley Superstock Plus Heads (83cc 1.94” I / 1.630” E)
4.125" Axtell cylinders / 4.125” JE -0.10" dished
0.030" Head Gasket / TMan 625G cam /
HPI 55mm TB / HPI 5.3 Injectors / Trask Assault A/C / FM Jackpot RTX 2-1

Bagger

• Junior CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2007, 09:56:37 PM »

Hotlineguy

Could you post pictures of the S&S setup on your bike, I'd like to get an idea of the actual size.

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2007, 10:01:42 PM »

Ck this out from Skippy. I think the S&S has the same 90 degree bend.

http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=14043.msg220558#msg220558

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

Talon

• Life is like a jar of jalapenos, what you do today may get you in the a$$ tomorrow!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2007, 03:43:59 PM »

I think Klock Werks has this on the "Worlds Fastest Bagger" they built on Discovery Channel. I think it looks good, probably gets cooler air being farther forward. Yea, here it is.

http://www.kustomcycles.com/bikes/index.php?id=105

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2007, 07:17:51 PM »

I think Klock Werks has this on the "Worlds Fastest Bagger" they built on Discovery Channel. I think it looks good, probably gets cooler air being farther forward. Yea, here it is.

http://www.kustomcycles.com/bikes/index.php?id=105

If I'm not mistaken, that's the S&S Dual Bore Tuned Induction System. It's used with their Twin Throat Throttle Body and their FI Module. The Single Bore unit is used with Delphi FI systems or S&S carbs. I can understand why the Dual Bore would provide better performance. But I'm struggling to see why it's any better than a normal A/C assembly, since it's Single Bore and goes back to a common intake point at the throttle body. Hoist! 8)

SneakyPete

• 1K CVO Member
  • AKA FGL
    • VA

• CVO1: 2004 SEEG O/B- RIP
    • CVO2: 2009 SERG3 O/B
    • CVO3: 2014 SERK6 O/B
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2007, 09:17:22 PM »

If I'm not mistaken, that's the S&S Dual Bore Tuned Induction System. It's used with their Twin Throat Throttle Body and their FI Module. The Single Bore unit is used with Delphi FI systems or S&S carbs. I can understand why the Dual Bore would provide better performance. But I'm struggling to see why it's any better than a normal A/C assembly, since it's Single Bore and goes back to a common intake point at the throttle body. Hoist! 8)

Howie, the single bore works under the same principal, to accelerate air flow to the TB.  I think you will find you have more leg room as the runners and air filters are further forward than a conventional AC assembly.
Member Hillbilly Rocket Riders MC, Virginia THE FASTEST CHAPTER!

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2007, 09:07:36 AM »

Howie, the single bore works under the same principal, to accelerate air flow to the TB.  I think you will find you have more leg room as the runners and air filters are further forward than a conventional AC assembly.

Cool, thanks Pete. I think I'll have Joe give it a shot and see if there's a numbers difference. I'd hate to give up my S&S Teardrop, but numbers are numbers! ;) Hoist! 8)

Bagger

• Junior CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2007, 10:26:26 AM »

Pic of a bike with the S&S Single Bored Tuned Intake on it - not my bike.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2007, 11:32:21 AM »

Pic of a bike with the S&S Single Bored Tuned Intake on it - not my bike.

Thanks Bagger. I like it but do have mixed feelings about it's looks. I'd really hate to give up the S&S teardrop look. But if it flows much better, and makes better TQ as claimed, it would definitely sway me in that direction. Just when you think you're done, something else always comes into play! ;) Hoist! 8)

Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All

Page created in 0.165 seconds with 21 queries.