Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: A question for those of you with "Stock" exhaust.  (Read 1349 times)

Ironhorse

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2006 SE Ultra
    • CVO2: 2018 GoldWing DCT Airbag
A question for those of you with "Stock" exhaust.
« on: July 29, 2007, 11:50:01 AM »

I was teaching Ride Like A Pro yesterday, and one of the riders had a Street Glide with some nice quiet sounding mufflers. I looked at them and they were the newer style 110 CVO mufflers. Now he was running them on a stock 88. What's the consensus on these? Are they really free flowing, or just another version of OEM? I know this has been asked before, but will running stock 110 mufflers on a built 96 produce the same results? In other words, are those 110 mufflers the same as a set of good freeflowing mufflers?
"But men are men, the best sometimes forget" Shakespeare, Othello Act 2, Scene 3

FLYNDYNA

• Dyna Screaming Eagle
  • 1K CVO Member
  • My Little Pepe` the CVO Donkey

• CVO1: '07 FXDSE V&H Big Shot Staggered SERT K&N A/C Custom Seat
    • CVO2: '09 Road Glide-waiting for lottery
Re: A question for those of you with "Stock" exhaust.
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2007, 01:07:04 PM »

In my opinion, they are more free flowing than regular stock mufflers, but certainly not as performance ready as true free flow exhaust. You will notice a slight increase in performance with that package, but the money would be better spent on tuning with whatever free flow exhaust you prefer...not a sermon, just a thought...
I am so non conformist I have conformed to non conformity
I was going to procrastinate, but I put it off

Ironhorse

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2006 SE Ultra
    • CVO2: 2018 GoldWing DCT Airbag
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2007, 03:51:49 PM »

In my opinion, they are more free flowing than regular stock mufflers, but certainly not as performance ready as true free flow exhaust. You will notice a slight increase in performance with that package, but the money would be better spent on tuning with whatever free flow exhaust you prefer...not a sermon, just a thought...

Thanks for the reply. I'm not looking to produce more HP/TQ. I'm just looking for noise reduction. The FullSacs were too loud for me, and sometimes I think the Police Interceptors are too, both of which are a straight through free flowing muffler. I'm toying with the idea of going back to the cross over pipe, as the true duals make any muffler louder. I was just wondering how free flowing the FL CVO 110 mufflers were in comparison to what I have now.
"But men are men, the best sometimes forget" Shakespeare, Othello Act 2, Scene 3

Pumba11

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2007, 05:54:28 PM »

I have a set of CVO mufflers off an '06 and running them on my TC88.  Mine had the cats which I was able to remove (bore through).  I am very pleased with the sound (as you described, low rumble but not too loud) and they look fantastic with the heat sheilds.  I have no basis for any perfomance stats, but they feel to be as free-flowing as the one-piece SE mufflers I took off.  Actually it feels that the perfomance has improved (stage 1).

Just my $0.02   :2vrolijk_21:

Page created in 0.167 seconds with 21 queries.