Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7  All

Author Topic: And then there were (FXR)3 . . .  (Read 30591 times)

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
Re: And then there were (FXR)3 . . .
« Reply #45 on: March 07, 2008, 01:56:50 PM »

Thanks, Chip.  Yeah, and you shoulda got a charcoal/silver SERG instead of a blue one ;), but we go with what's available at the time when we're buying used.  Besides, if I get that B/O V-Rod someday, then it'll have some company in the garage. ;D

This may not be a popular response but I don't like the charcoal/silver SERG's.
For me, a true silver and black color combination are the 03 Anniversary bikes.
I didn't buy the blue SERG because it was available, I bought it after I saw Scooter's and Hobo's in Hot Springs and that color rang my chime!
A SERG in the 00 triple red combination rings my chime also but of the four available colors the blue and red are it for me.
Now Nancy may some day wind up with a 05 Cherry but for me I'm looking for a blue SEVRod.
The above is JMHO, not intended to diminish anyone else's choice of color!

:2vrolijk_21:

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #46 on: March 07, 2008, 02:57:13 PM »

This may not be a popular response but I don't like the charcoal/silver SERG's.
For me, a true silver and black color combination are the 03 Anniversary bikes.
I didn't buy the blue SERG because it was available, I bought it after I saw Scooter's and Hobo's in Hot Springs and that color rang my chime!
A SERG in the 00 triple red combination rings my chime also but of the four available colors the blue and red are it for me.
Now Nancy may some day wind up with a 05 Cherry but for me I'm looking for a blue SEVRod.
The above is JMHO, not intended to diminish anyone else's choice of color!

:2vrolijk_21:

That's why they give us choices! :2vrolijk_21:

I probably would have prefered a blue SERG when it came right down to it . . . the '01s have a little more "bling" on them than the '00s and I think I mentioned at the time that it would have been nice to have a blue SERG to match the B/B SEEG, but this B/O one was nice enough and only 10 miles from my front door and driving me friggin' nuts, so I bought it. :nixweiss:  Don't regret it for a moment and besides, being a Harley and being black and orange, you can't go wrong! ;)

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #47 on: March 07, 2008, 02:59:01 PM »

That's why they give us choices! :2vrolijk_21:

I probably would have prefered a blue SERG when it came right down to it . . . the '01s have a little more "bling" on them than the '00s and I think I mentioned at the time that it would have been nice to have a blue SERG to match the B/B SEEG, but this B/O one was nice enough and only 10 miles from my front door and driving me friggin' nuts, so I bought it. :nixweiss:  Don't regret it for a moment and besides, being a Harley and being black and orange, you can't go wrong! ;)

True dat!!! :2vrolijk_21:

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #48 on: March 07, 2008, 03:02:45 PM »

True dat!!! :2vrolijk_21:

Ride Safe,
Fired00d

Geez, you finally stepped in here after seeing 2 people suggest that I picked the wrong SERG color! ??? :o :P

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #49 on: March 07, 2008, 03:10:19 PM »

Believe it or not work is getting in the way today. :(

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
« Reply #50 on: March 07, 2008, 03:26:52 PM »

Believe it or not work is getting in the way today. :(

Ride Safe,
Fired00d

i'll take or not
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #51 on: March 07, 2008, 03:39:17 PM »

i'll take or not
I learned from the best. ;) :huepfenlol2:

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #52 on: March 07, 2008, 04:31:43 PM »

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #53 on: March 13, 2008, 09:04:24 PM »

Well, got a clapped-out, high-dollar HID headlight on the SEEG, so tonight's ride was on the FXR3! :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3:  Whoa, what a great bike! :2vrolijk_21:  Me and this ol' Hot Rod have not taken long to bond! :2vrolijk_20:  I could not be happier with the way this motorcycle handles, performs or looks!  This thing runs down the road straight as an arrow all the way to a buck and then straightens corners without any effort.  All the while with those V&H straightshots singing a righteous tune! :shocked2:  Good Lord, what a Great Motorcycle! :huepfenlol2: :huepfenjump3: :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #54 on: March 13, 2008, 09:08:26 PM »

Well, got a clapped-out, high-dollar HID headlight on the SEEG, so tonight's ride was on the FXR3! :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3:  Whoa, what a great bike! :2vrolijk_21:  Me and this ol' Hot Rod have not taken long to bond! :2vrolijk_20:  I could not be happier with the way this motorcycle handles, performs or looks!  This thing runs down the road straight as an arrow all the way to a buck and then straightens corners without any effort.  All the while with those V&H straightshots singing a righteous tune! :shocked2:  Good Lord, what a Great Motorcycle! :huepfenlol2: :huepfenjump3: :2vrolijk_21:

Them's some sweet words Brian! The man is one with his motorcycle! No better feeling in the world than when the bike's feeling just right and becomes an extension of you! Just sit back and smile and enjoy the ride! Glad to hear it man! :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #55 on: March 13, 2008, 09:47:24 PM »

Them's some sweet words Brian! The man is one with his motorcycle! No better feeling in the world than when the bike's feeling just right and becomes an extension of you! Just sit back and smile and enjoy the ride! Glad to hear it man! :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)

You know it, Howie!  The emotions these bikes evoke are the reasons we ride them.  I'm really blessed to have the three awesome machines that I have, and I don't take it for granted!  That's what makes the feelings I feel all the more intense!  Three totally different machines and three totally different riding experiences, whodathunkit?!?. :nixweiss:  "I just want to be free to ride my machine(s)...!" 8) :P

RedFXR2

« Reply #56 on: March 14, 2008, 08:32:41 AM »

I could not be happier with the way this motorcycle handles, performs or looks!  This thing runs down the road straight as an arrow all the way to a buck and then straightens corners without any effort.  All the while with those V&H straightshots singing a righteous tune! :shocked2:  Good Lord, what a Great Motorcycle!

This is what I say to myself at the end of each ride on my FXR2.

Don't know what baffles you have in the StraightShots (if any) but if you're looking for a slightly tamer tone with a pleasing stacatto "inhale" between gears and no power loss (actually a gain in mid-range), try Khrome Werks HP plus baffles.  Or if you want to take the sound down a notch with a slight loss in top end but a detectable gain in bottom end torque, try V&H Quiet Baffles.  V&H will tell you they won't fit but don't believe them.  I have them in mine, now.

neanderpaul

• Full CVO Member
  • Green Bikes = Bad Luck? Give 'Em All To Me!
    • AZ

• CVO1: FXR3
    • Neanderpaul Dot Com
« Reply #57 on: March 19, 2008, 12:22:15 AM »

Good for you!!!

I'd love a Blue. Only other CVO I really want...so I can have the matching set :)

It's beautiful. You going to leave it as-is, or get the stock air cleaner to restore it to "stock"?
'99 FXR3
'05 15th Ann. LE Fat Boy
'19 RAM Rebel

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #58 on: March 19, 2008, 07:46:03 AM »

Good for you!!!

I'd love a Blue. Only other CVO I really want...so I can have the matching set :)

It's beautiful. You going to leave it as-is, or get the stock air cleaner to restore it to "stock"?

Thanks, neanderpaul!  Bike is in the trailer as we "speak" to go to the dealer to get stock air cleaner re-installed and some other things that need attention taken care of.  Anyone know where I can get an insert for the air cleaner?  Mine is a bit scuffed up but the part is obsolete.  Chicago H-D showed stock according to the dealer here, but when I called them, they did not have the part. :(  Mine is still presentable and polished up fairly well, but if I could locate a new one, I'd buy it.   I suppose this is going to be about like finding a SERG cover though. :-\

RedFXR2

« Reply #59 on: March 19, 2008, 08:30:40 AM »

Anyone know where I can get an insert for the air cleaner?  Mine is a bit scuffed up but the part is obsolete.  Chicago H-D showed stock according to the dealer here, but when I called them, they did not have the part. :(  Mine is still presentable and polished up fairly well, but if I could locate a new one, I'd buy it. 

It's been about two years now, but I dropped a wrench on mine  :oops: once--got a nice little dent-- and had the local dealer order another.  At that time, there were several FXR2 inserts on dealers' shelves here and there.  Did you get the dealer to do a national look for the part?  Might be out there somewhere and they can get it sent to them.  Mine came from a dealer in (I think) Indiana.  Good luck.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7  All

Page created in 0.203 seconds with 21 queries.