Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Author Topic: Lexi - My 08 SERK A work in progress  (Read 13618 times)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
Re: Lexi - My 08 SERK A work in progress
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2008, 04:50:03 PM »

Looking good Jeff! And must be running even better now! Is it everything you wanted now? If it is, and holds up, you know we did the right thing. Mine is for now, and I'm convinced we did. Even when they finally come up with a real fix, you know it won't run like ours. Best of luck to ya! :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Black Diamond

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 11 FLHXSE2 "Vanessa"
    • CVO2: 08 FLHRSE4 "Lexi" "Bike from Hell"
    • CVO3: 02 FLHRSEI "Ruby"
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2008, 07:50:29 PM »

Hi Howie,

The scoot feels strong but I haven't opened her up yet. Between working 80 hour weeks and bad weather I've only manage 675 miles on the break in cycle to date. There is still a slight stutter in her once in a while around 2200 to 2500 rpms. It is not consistent. I'm hoping this will not be a problem based on the new electronic throttle control stuff. She's set up to run quite rich at this time. Once I get a 1000 miles on her and get her tuned / dynoed I'll have a clear idea of what I got. So far I am very happy. She pulls strong!

I'm really hoping the new composite gasket fixes that issue, however the cylinder liner problem is still quite the worry. That's the reason I went to the Axtell jugs. I hope addressing the crank and the new cam plate addressed any lower end problems I may have encountered. I really wish the MoCo would get it act together for all are fellow riders on the 110s.

Damn shame to have to sink more money in a top of the line scoot but that was my choice.

JW

skyhook

• Senior CVO Member
  • ride 'em don't hide 'em

• CVO1: '08 fxdse2
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2008, 09:04:27 PM »

good looking bike and good choice on the motor mods...the stutter may just be from the overlap of the bigger cams you have...I have se257 cams in my bike and the wife has andrews 37's in hers...mine has a lot of stumble in light load cruise situations but hers is a lot smoother...does yours do it while acceleraing or just at cruise?
08 fxdse2, r&r heads, 257 cam, hpi 55mm t/body, supermeg

Black Diamond

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2008, 11:51:37 PM »

skyhook

It usually when I'm in 4th or 5th cruising and go to pick it up a little. It may just be to rich. I see if it is still happening after the final tune.

JW

Black Diamond

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2008, 07:34:39 PM »

Latest additions:

I went with the Alren Ness 8 inch round chrome ac cover as the allen head was the smallest I could find.

Black Diamond

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2008, 07:37:26 PM »

I felt the need for a luggage rack with the solo seat. I got this from Harley. It's detachable but I have to remove the seat as the chrome hook on the seat interferes with attachment/detachment. I'll see what I can figure out later to eliminate that problem

Black Diamond

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2008, 07:38:55 PM »

Another view. I like how it doesn't interfer too badly with being able to still see the rear fender CVO paint job.

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2008, 07:40:28 PM »

Another view. I like how it doesn't interfer too badly with being able to still see the rear fender CVO paint job.

Looks great, Jeff!   :2vrolijk_21:
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

Black Diamond

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2008, 07:48:59 PM »

Thanks Scott

When I'm in those Moving trailers for my "retirement job" I try to remember I'm doing it so I can keep buying toys!  :D

Another look

Black Diamond

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #24 on: July 16, 2008, 07:52:55 PM »

I've been riding her naked (without a windshield) around town. Really like the wind in my hair...oh ya I'm bald! Oh well the hair on my chest moves.  :)

Lat pic    Thanks again Gary!

FNGw/08SERK

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SERG
« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2008, 06:31:42 AM »

Jeff,

Great job on the best lookin' SERK out there  ;) Looks great, hope it runs even better after all your effort.

When's your daughter comin' home from the sand box for that family ride? Sounds like a ride of a life time.

:worthless:

Sorry, had to do it.

God Bless her and your entire family for the sacrifices made for our freedom and safety.

Howie

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #26 on: July 17, 2008, 01:12:54 PM »

That looks great Jeff.  Have loved watching it as the bike just keeps getting better and better.

It's amazing how much difference the simple additions can make.  That air cleaner is sharp. 

It's all great though.  So....  what's next?

Lzyboy

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: Black and Gray 08
« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2008, 11:32:38 PM »

Black diamond,
Looking good man. I remember looking at your bike before I got mine and could not wait to get on and ride. I really like the attachments or should I say detachments. Keep'm coming. Always nice to see good bikes go above and beyond the standard.

How does the seat hold up for long rides? My travels will take me from El Paso to San Antonio and need a seat that will last. I will be riding solo so the rack will be a plus as well. Did corbin manufacture the seat to match the bike or do they have in stock? I visited the site yesterday and did not see the seat; saw the bike but not the seat.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2008, 10:52:10 AM by lzyboy »
Life time member VFW 7450 San Diego! Love your freedom, Thank a Vet!

Black Diamond

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #28 on: July 22, 2008, 10:56:59 PM »

Thanks GH
I really love adding to this SERK platform. What a ride. Of course you need to keep plenty of tires on hand as they don't hold up much but....  My daughter will be in country 2nd week of August. She'll be here Aug 24. We'll be in the wind as soon as she wants. Her call on where and how long. My treat. Sacrifice comes with the life we have chosen. I know you understand.

Hey lzyboy
..thanks. The seat was done by C&C seats. There out of California. Talk with Chuck. Great customer service. Seat holds up great. Have done 350 miles on it with no problems. I told Chuck how I wanted the seat, backrests and pillion. They did it up great.

Hi Don
I'm sure something will strike my fancy. I've been trying to find a set of handlebars that come back a bit more with less angle. I keep coming back to Apes. I've never had em and they just don't do it for me. To each his own. I'll find something.

JW

Black Diamond

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #29 on: May 16, 2009, 06:35:59 PM »

Thought I'd blow the dust off this old topic and give an update on Lexi.

She now has a C&C two up seat for when my lady rides with me like she did to Eureka Springs. She did great on the trip and never complained but I noticed the figetting got worse as the miles went by. I then checked the area she gets to sit in. I know my big butt would not fit there. So I ordered a tour pak relocator kit from George Anderson to move the TP back so Cheryl has the whole rear seat to use.

Here's a before shot
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Page created in 0.569 seconds with 21 queries.