Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Chrome back plate for CV carb  (Read 4946 times)

SEFXR4

• Junior CVO Member
Chrome back plate for CV carb
« on: August 11, 2008, 10:10:02 PM »

Is there a chrome stock or high flow backing plate for a FXR4 CV carb.I want to replace the black one thats on it but use the stock air cleaner.
Thanks
 ::)

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
Re: Chrome back plate for CV carb
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2008, 10:23:26 PM »

gregg, I have an Arlen Ness Big Sucker kit on mine.  With that, you basicallly eliminate the back plate and the air cleaner is open from the rear.  Comes with a K&N air filter that you clean and re-oil and you use the factor cover over it.  Looks factory, but dumps a bunch more air into the motor. :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2008, 10:28:54 PM »

Is there a chrome stock or high flow backing plate for a FXR4 CV carb.I want to replace the black one thats on it but use the stock air cleaner.
Thanks
 ::)

SE Pro A/C & Breather Kit for Carb'd 93-99 Evo 1340 Models; w/stock or 44mm CV Carb, or 42mm/45mm Flatslide Carb
29543-99B  139.95 List

This is from the '08 SE Parts Catalog. It doesn't appear to be chrome, but it's not black. ;)

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

elvislee

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2008, 10:41:58 PM »

SE Pro A/C & Breather Kit for Carb'd 93-99 Evo 1340 Models; w/stock or 44mm CV Carb, or 42mm/45mm Flatslide Carb
29543-99B  139.95 ListThis is from the '08 SE Parts Catalog. It doesn't appear to be chrome, but it's not black. ;)

Hoist! 8)

Hey Howie...Can you look in your SE Cat. and check PN:29440-99D and see what that kit is for and if the plate on that kit is chrome? I got this PN from my dealer here when I asked her to check; she gave me this PN...Just curious...Thanks... :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2008, 11:11:52 PM »

Hey Howie...Can you look in your SE Cat. and check PN:29440-99D and see what that kit is for and if the plate on that kit is chrome? I got this PN from my dealer here when I asked her to check; she gave me this PN...Just curious...Thanks... :2vrolijk_21:

That's for Twin Cam models Blaine. But the same type SEAC I referenced earlier. ;)

Hoist! 8)

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

elvislee

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2008, 11:45:15 PM »

That's for Twin Cam models Blaine. But the same type SEAC I referenced earlier. ;)

Hoist! 8)

Wow!!...I'm glad I read this thread and you checked this for me; I woulda bought the Twin Cam PN the dealer gave me here. I told them a 1999 EVO...Thanks man, goin down in the morning and ask them WTH is goin on...When I was there; she gave me this PN: 32630-96 for a SE Ignition Module for my 1999 EVO...Wanna check that one for me too when ya can?...No rush and thanks again  :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2008, 12:16:22 AM »

Wow!!...I'm glad I read this thread and you checked this for me; I woulda bought the Twin Cam PN the dealer gave me here. I told them a 1999 EVO...Thanks man, goin down in the morning and ask them WTH is goin on...When I was there; she gave me this PN: 32630-96 for a SE Ignition Module for my 1999 EVO...Wanna check that one for me too when ya can?...No rush and thanks again  :2vrolijk_21:

That's the correct P/N for the SE Ignition for a 96-99 Evo Carb Model, if you can still get it. I'm not sure it's still available. Might be. How about coil and wires? Might as well go all the way! ;D

But I went with a Dyna Programmable Single-Fire Ignition with Hi-output Single-Fire Coils, and Accel 8.8mm black spark plug wires. ;)

Hoist! 8)
« Last Edit: August 12, 2008, 12:32:09 AM by Hoist! »

elvislee

« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2008, 08:01:34 AM »

That's the correct P/N for the SE Ignition for a 96-99 Evo Carb Model, if you can still get it. I'm not sure it's still available. Might be. How about coil and wires? Might as well go all the way! ;D

But I went with a Dyna Programmable Single-Fire Ignition with Hi-output Single-Fire Coils, and Accel 8.8mm black spark plug wires. ;)

Hoist! 8)

OK  ??? School me on a SINGLE-FIRE ignition and Single-File Coils(Is there another kind)?  :confused5:  ;D  :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2008, 08:09:45 AM »

OK  ??? School me on a SINGLE-FIRE ignition and Single-File Coils(Is there another kind)?  :confused5:  ;D  :2vrolijk_21:

The stock ignition is dual-fire. Both spark plugs fire together everytime, even though only one cylinder is firing at a time. A single-fire ignition fires each cylinder separately, and can be setup for optimum ignition for each. The EFI bikes have single-fire igntions and you set the timing in tables on a laptop with tuning sofware. Single-fire is a more efficient ignition. ;)

Hoist! 8)

Page created in 0.137 seconds with 22 queries.