Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Popular TV show will air some HOG members  (Read 3624 times)

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2021 CVO Limited
Popular TV show will air some HOG members
« on: March 05, 2009, 09:18:52 AM »

PLEASE SEE THE UPDATE AT THE END OF THIS THREAD

Back in October, my HOG chapter was contacted to participate in ABC's television show Wife Swap.  As they always do, they paired up some people with very different lifestyles.  The wife that was transplanted into a family in Pittsburgh is married to a bike builder, and their lives revolve around riding.  The family she was paired up with are champion Irish Folk Dancers.  Conversely, the wife from Pittsburgh went to live with the biker family over the same period.  Our HOG chapter was invited to attend a back yard BBQ and then to take all of the family members for a ride on our bikes.  We don't know how much of us it will show in the final cut of the show, but we were just notified that the program will air Friday April 3rd at 8pm/7pm central.  The amusing part to me was that I kept looking at the husband and thinking he looked familiar.  After talking to him for a bit, we figured out that 7 or 8 years prior, he and I got paired up together in a dart tournament as partners.  I didn't have my CVO yet at that time, and I can only think of one CVO that showed up that day...maybe 2, but either way, I thought this would be of some interest to the group. 

In one hour from now, I'm going to be interviewed on a local AM radio station show that's all about motorcycling.  The operations manager from my dealer has been doing this radio show for a while and he just e-mailed me asking me to call in to the show this morning.  Cool!  They have the show always available to listen to on their website and I may post a link to hear it once I've had a chance to hear it myself.  I hope he's gentle with me.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2009, 07:10:47 PM by 1abastarsmda »

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG Orange & Black All Attitude
    • CVO2: 08 CUSE Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver the Cruiser
Re: Popular TV show will air some HOG members
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2009, 09:22:28 AM »

Wife watchs that show will have her remind me and if I can stay up that late may catch it.
2008FLHTCUSE3 Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver
Freedom Gear drive cams, Elite D Exhaust.

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander
W/ American legend trailer<br

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2009, 10:38:55 AM »

Give us a heads up when it's close to airing.
This one should be funny.
 ;D
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2009, 10:41:40 AM »

Give us a heads up when it's close to airing.
This one should be funny.
 ;D

I also just got off the phone with a local radio talk show that's all about motorcycling.  The operations manager at my dealer has been doing this show for a while and he asked me to call in to talk about the Wife Swap episode, HOG, and CVO bikes.  I was on the air for about 13 minutes.  It was pretty cool.

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2009, 07:11:04 PM »

UPDATE  The show is tomorrow night.  Here's the press release that explains it a little more.  I hope that they didn't cut us out.  I want to see me on my old bike.  This was filmed just days before I got my SEUC.

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

ABC Television Network

PRESS RELEASE - PRESS RELEASE - ENTERTAINMENT -

WIFE SWAP (April 3, 2009)

A BIKER BABE AND HER BURLY HUSBAND SWAP LIVES WITH A CONSERVATIVE IRISH STEP DANCING FAMILY, ON ABC'S "WIFE SWAP"

"Mallick/Stewart" - A biker family obsessed with leather, wheels and all things motorcycles swap lives with a family passionate about their wholesome Irish heritage and keeping to their strict, structured schedule, on "Wife Swap," FRIDAY, APRIL 3 (8:00-9:00 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network. Each week two very contradictory families from across the country participate in a two-week-long challenge: The wives exchange husbands, children and lives (but not bedrooms) to discover daily life in another woman's shoes. This astonishing experiment repeatedly changes lives and redefines families.

Out west in Washington, the bad-to-the-bone Mallick family's motto is "everyone has a little white trash in them!" Biker mom Jennifer (30) and her bearded, biker husband, Jason (37), are proud owners of 13 motorcycles and parents to two hell-raising sons, Logan (7) and Damon (4). Jennifer often dons thigh-high- boots, short skirts and leather, transforming her into "Hot Biker Mama Jenn," which Jason loves to flaunt. The Mallicks frequently have their rowdy friends over for all night biker bashes, complete with a party pole for entertainment. Jennifer and Jason don't believe in censoring their gear-head sons and hope the exposure to the wild biker lifestyle will help the boys become less judgmental. Jason uses his love of biking to bond with his boys, spending time with them in his garage and teaching them valuable skills like building carburetors for their dirt bikes.

The super-structured Stewart family from Pennsylvania believe "if you are lucky enough to be Irish, you are lucky enough!" Mom Pamela (47) and Dad Tim (47) are so proud of their Irish heritage, they've immersed their children, Kathleen (15) and Thomas (14), in up to four hours of Irish activities every day. Pamela participates in Irish Step Dancing with the kids, and Tim completes their family Irish band. Both Pamela and Tim believe their children's exhausting schedule, packed with wholesome Irish activities, keeps their kids out of trouble. With so much time spent rushing from folk dancing practice to Irish music classes, Kathleen and Thomas rarely get to see their father. Tim can often be found playing his accordion alone, with headphones on so he doesn't pollute their perfect home with noise.

In the first week, Jennifer Mallick leaves behind her leather and chains for the prim and proper Stewart home. Upon arrival, she's shocked by the amount of time devoted to Irish music, dancing and art. After spending hour after hour transporting the kids to all of their activities, she is brought to tears by the kids' punishing schedule and the lack of their father's involvement in their lives. She confronts independent Tim Stewart, who admits he is a pushover when it comes to Pamela's demanding schedule. Meanwhile in Washington, conservative Pamela Stewart has difficulty fitting into the culture of bikes, beer and babes. She is intimidated by Jason's long beard, black clothes and affinity for leather. Pamela worries that Jason isn't setting the best example for Logan and Damon, and that the Mallicks' chaotic lifestyle will lead the boys down a dark path.

In the second week of the swap when the wives change the rules and turn the tables, Jennifer Mallick puts an end to the Stewart kids' stressful schedule. Instead she rules that the normally absent Tim has to following his kids' non-stop schedule. After an exhausting day, Tim realizes the Irish activities are "brutal" on his kids. Jennifer then gives the whole family biker makeovers in hopes they can learn to relax and let loose together, as a family. Meanwhile in Washington, Pamela Stewart strives to turn the "biker lovers into Blarney lovers." In order to help the Mallicks get in touch with their Irish roots and introduce the kids to a dose of structure, Pamela signs the family up for Irish folk music and Irish Step Dancing lessons. Though Jason fears the fast-paced schedule will overwhelm his kids, he strives to set a good example for his boys by following through. After two weeks in another home, can Jennifer Mallick help the Stewarts realize it's more important to be in touch with your family, rather than just your heritage? And can Pamela Stewart help the Mallicks bring some structure into their wild biker life for the sake of their boys?

"Wife Swap" is an RDF USA production. It was created by Stephen Lambert and is executive-produced by Mike Gamson and Michael Davies of Embassy Row ("Who Wants to be a Millionaire"). Stephen Pettinger, Neil Regan, Julie Cooper and Will Nothacker are co-executive producers. Stef Wagstaffe is consulting producer. "Wife Swap" is broadcast with Spanish subtitles via secondary closed captioning. A TV parental guideline will be posted closer to airdate.

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2009, 10:22:15 PM »

For anyone that watched, it kind of sucked that they gave us about 15 seconds and I didn't see me on there at all, but I certainly enjoyed the episode.  Jen was just as cool in person as she was on the show.  Good looks and on the ball.  I'm drunk and have to get some sleep...starting the ride to FL in the morning.  Wow, I had to backspace alot to spell everything correctly.

Gecko

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2009, 07:29:24 AM »

I saw the episode.  The guy started off being kind of a d-head, but toward the end he seemed to come around.   His swapped wife was a bit intense.  Hopefully they can find something for the kids to do between bikes and Irish step dancing.  And there was some justice in the other guy having a bike when they did the follow-up interview - the real wife didn't seem too pleased since he will no doubt wear something black and that leads to prison.
2007 SERK3, SERT, V&H Dresser Duals, Monster Ovals, IDS, HID, knocking sound, valve noise.

If you think it's the journey not the destination you don't live in Nebraska.

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2009, 07:43:32 AM »

Yes, his wife was "intense"...that's mild. Tim had his learner's permit by the day we got there and I knew he was going to buy a bike. Of course, a green one for his Irish heritage. I wish they would have shown our HOG chapter more than a few seconds.

Lakin_11

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NY

« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2018, 05:41:19 AM »

Thanks for this! It was an interesting post and I did share with a few of my friends who liked to watch such shows and movies. A friend of mine also told me about Andy Yeatman shows available online. I wonder how they are entertaining and educating together. I have to watch it.

Page created in 0.163 seconds with 21 queries.