Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Let's talk tranny oil in a 103" SE  (Read 5711 times)

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
Re: Let's talk tranny oil in a 103" SE
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2009, 10:57:05 PM »

Bel-Ray is red too, so it is easy to tell when a leak....not a seep.....develops.  Again, Bel-Ray has worked well for me for years, so I'll continue to use it.

Jerry, since you've used Bel-Ray, you probably know it smells awful.  Does the Redline stuff stink like Bel-Ray does?

Henry, the Bel-Ray stuff actually made me nauseous if I got a good whiff of it.  The Redline has a similar smell, but not as strong. 

The main reason I started using Bel-Ray many years ago was for the added viscosity, especially at high temps.  The trans I had back then didn't want to shift worth two dead flies when hot until I started using the 85-140 Bel-Ray.  The nice thing about the Shockproof is that I get the same protection, but without the drag of the heavier viscosity lube at lower temps.  Like I said, both are excellent choices, and best of all they are RED!

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

REGGAB

« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2009, 11:23:47 PM »

Henry, the Bel-Ray stuff actually made me nauseous if I got a good whiff of it.  The Redline has a similar smell, but not as strong. 

The main reason I started using Bel-Ray many years ago was for the added viscosity, especially at high temps.  The trans I had back then didn't want to shift worth two dead flies when hot until I started using the 85-140 Bel-Ray.  The nice thing about the Shockproof is that I get the same protection, but without the drag of the heavier viscosity lube at lower temps.  Like I said, both are excellent choices, and best of all they are RED!

Jerry

Know exactly what you mean.  I usually pull out the respirator mask when messing with the stuff.  Recall discussion here sometime ago of transmission farts through the vent tube on start.  Enough to trigger the gag reflex.   :huepfenlol2:

JeffsHogPen

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 FXSTSSE
    • CVO2: 2001 FLHR
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2009, 11:58:48 AM »

After all that I have heard and read about the Redline Heavy Duty that is what I am going to be putting in both my bikes for now on....
Hookem¨Horns!!!!!
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.129 seconds with 21 queries.