Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: hydraulic clutch on 07 flhtcui  (Read 2327 times)

bbsiding

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
hydraulic clutch on 07 flhtcui
« on: May 04, 2009, 07:15:26 AM »

I have a problem that I hope someone can help me with. I recently install a hydraulic clutch on a 2007 FLHTCUI. The owner had some shoulder surgery and needed a lighter clutch pull.The bike has a Dealer installed 110 kit(second complete engine but thats a whole other story) The Motor Company does not offer a kit for the 07 models but I know the FLHTCUSE3 has one.  So I ordered parts from that bike and mechanically everything fell together just fine. The problem is the clutch interlock switch. The 07 cable operated clutch has what I would call a normally open switch. When the clutch lever is pulled in the switch is closed (depressed). The hydraulic model depresses the switch in the clutch released position.  After the install the bike would only start in neutral or with the clutch out!!!!!Hmmmm. I took a front brake light switch and replaced the interlock switch with that as that is brake light switch is normally depressed by the brake lever. It worked ......... for a while. Now I have a security light and the bike will only start in neutral. Is the software in the TSSM different on the hydraulic clutch model? My dealer has know idea because " the fitment guide doesn't address the application" ( Don't these guys ever innovate?) Any help would be greatly appreciated
« Last Edit: May 04, 2009, 07:18:28 AM by bbsiding »
2005 SEEG Teal
20011 FLHTCUSE6

DavidG

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2
    • CVO2: 2007 FLHRSE3 **Sold**
    • CVO3: 2007 FXSTSSE **sold**
Re: hydraulic clutch on 07 flhtcui
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2009, 02:38:13 PM »

I had an 07 FXSTSSE which had the stock hydraulic clutch. Since new, the bike would not start in gear with the clutch pulled in. It would TRY to start with the bike in gear and the clutch lever out. COmpletely backwards. The only way I could get it to start is to put it in neutral. It kept throwing a code which decoded to clutch switch short to ground. They replaced the switch 4 times and never solved the problem. I finally traded in the bike and since I've heard that they finally fixed the problem; some kind of part number screwup within HD parts (not locally; with the factory). Its frustrating I know.
2011 FLHXSE2

Page created in 0.137 seconds with 21 queries.