Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: 6th Gear Indicator Light  (Read 9537 times)

moscooter

• 1K CVO Member
Re: 6th Gear Indicator Light
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2009, 04:32:42 PM »

:-\
Well,  If the change (clutch sprocket) 49t disables my "cruise control",  then I'm back to square one.   I can deal without the damn lite which is almost invisible anyway.  I seldom ever use cruise control available in my car and truck.........but I love it on the bike.   NOt gonna go without it.

Not sure of my next move on this subject.

By the way,  final gear ratio (overall),  is (I'll use my 09 SE Ultra as an example.....(clutch46T divided by engine24T)  X  (Rearwheel 68T divided by Trans32T)  = overall......so it's  (46/34)  X  (68/32) = 2.87 overall.

This would translate to the (30T engine sprocket) giving an overall of 3.258

This would translate to the (30T Trans sprocket) giving an overall of 3.066

This would translate to the (49T Clutch basket sprocket) giving an overall of 3.062.........so both choices two and three are giving about a 7% gain.

tattoo

« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2009, 07:26:05 PM »

Moscooter, just try that primary kit and see how you like it. we have installed many with no issues. I will minstall it for you this spring for free. :2vrolijk_21:

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2009, 10:04:07 AM »

The people at EVO told me the 49t at the clutch would put you in the middle between the 30t and the 34t engine sprocket. That would be about right for me as the 30t engine sprocket was to low geared for me on the highway in town great and take off was great no stumble. The guys at EVO said it's ok to run without the comp but others have said no. Don't know who to believe.

jfh

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLTRSE3
« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2009, 08:13:02 PM »

I had the same issue after installing the Baker F6F kit in my '07. The 6th gear light would only work when the VSS adapter was set within a very narrow range. For me it was trial and error changing the VSS setting while riding in 6th gear until the light worked. If the speedometer was not accurate at that point, THEN go and change the value in your tuning software (SERT, TTS, ThunderMax) and repeat the process.
Hammer - CVO Member #641

2009 FLTRSE3: Axtell jugs, JE forged flat top pistons, S&S 585 cams, SE 58mm TB, Dewey's Pro-Street porting, SE cam plate, Zipper's tapered pushrods, Cat-less, 2" Fullsac, TTS, Twin Jagg oil coolers, AK-20, 13" Works Black Trackers w/ARS, Clearview, Hawg Wired, Yaffe Monkey Bars, Danny Gray Big Seat

x52gnr

« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2009, 04:07:06 PM »

I had the same issue when I went to a 30 tooth pully. I have the thundermax ecm so I was able to adjust my 6 gear min tps setting and get the light to work and my speedo is dead on...After running that pully a year i think I am going to go back to stock. I prefer running the lower rpms at highway speeds which is how I ride 90% of the time ;D
2007 Ultra
2009 V-Rod Muscle
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.129 seconds with 21 queries.