Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: SERK owners  (Read 3158 times)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
SERK owners
« on: March 24, 2004, 12:42:18 PM »

This may affect you SERK owners.....    http://www.v-twinforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33792
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

gb

• Full CVO Member
  • Love the open road.
Re: SERK owners
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2004, 04:21:58 PM »

Thanks for the Heads up. First I hear of it. Glad it was in this forum I heard it first.  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]
Hey JCZ. I'm posting the dyno results of my pipe/exhaust/camm upgrade on the Roadking section. Let me know if you want it on some other section. I know there's a dyno results thread somewhere but I'm not sure (don't remember, don't have time to look right now!) where it is.
Once again, Thanks
18,900 I gotta slow down!.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2004, 11:55:45 PM »

Thanks for the Heads up. First I hear of it. Glad it was in this forum I heard it first.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

gb

• Full CVO Member
  • Love the open road.
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2004, 02:46:50 AM »

Okee dokee. Thanks [smiley=1syellow1.gif]
18,900 I gotta slow down!.

BIKER77

• HARLEYS FOREVER
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2004, 02:58:43 PM »

Called my dealer today, and was told the recall was legit. But it will affect only certain vin numbers, not all serk's. I would hate this to happen to me going on some of the backroads we have around here. If you lost it, it might be days before anyone would find you.lol [smiley=oops.gif]

Road_Hog

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2004, 05:44:46 PM »

Following up on what JCZ posted...SERK and probably Deuce owners can go to harley davidson's website and click on "service check up."  Then enter your vin and miles.  According to the subjects on JCZ's post above, the website will tell you if your bike is affected or not.  Fortunately mine did not indicate any recall.  I'm taking the bike in for a service tomorrow and will double check with them....

Road_Hog

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2004, 09:14:17 AM »

Took the bike in for service last friday and the dealer was pretty sure [smiley=nixweiss.gif] the SERK was not on the recall list.  They told me within a couple weeks the dealer's you bought your bikes from will send out the recalls.....

h2oski

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2004, 10:58:21 AM »

Here is the official letter from Harley's website.  The SERK is not included in the recall.  However the 2001 FLTRSEI is.  You can follow the link below or I have attached the full letter.

http://www.harley-davidson.com/CO/NEW/en/PressRelease_date.asp?locale=en_US&bmLocale=en_US&id_in=575&dspmm=3&dspyy=2004&FROM=NEWS

HARLEY-DAVIDSON CORRECTS MEDIA REPORTS ON VOLUNTARY MOTORCYCLE RECALL

MILWAUKEE (March 26, 2004) - On Monday, March 22nd Harley-Davidson Motor Company advised its U.S. dealers of a voluntary recall on a circuit breaker which is used on certain 2001 through 2003 model motorcycles. Widely circulated media coverage of this recall inaccurately reported the models that are affected.
The vehicles included in this recall are fuel-injected 2001 to 2003 model year Electra Glide Classics and Electra Glide Ultra Classics (models FLHTCI and FLHTCUI), 2001 model year Screamin

Page created in 0.139 seconds with 21 queries.