Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]

Author Topic: complete oil change to redline prod.  (Read 15268 times)

rayz1951

• Full CVO Member
    • MI

complete oil change to redline prod.
« on: December 05, 2009, 01:28:19 PM »

I read so much about the redline products on this site and how well everyone likes it, I decided to do the change. I ordered the Big twin 2050 Power Pack kit from Redline, since no one in the Detroit area carries redline products for motor cycles.  The problem is I can't comment on the change until our weather changes.

I ran Amsoil before and was pleased, I'm anxious to feel the differance with the Redline.

Ray Z

RayZ

dooinit2u

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2015 SESG UltraViolet Blue / Hot Lava ***SOLD***
Re: complete oil change to redline prod.
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2009, 03:42:37 PM »

Hey Ray,
  Please post your results when changed. My friend runs AMSOIL and stands by the quality. Haven't heard much here about REDLINE. I hear the SHOCKPROOF tranny oil is great.

Looking forward to your input.

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXSE
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2009, 03:45:59 PM »

Hey Ray,
  Please post your results when changed. My friend runs AMSOIL and stands by the quality. Haven't heard much here about REDLINE. I hear the SHOCKPROOF tranny oil is great.

Looking forward to your input.

I switched from Amsoil to Redline in all 3 holes. The motor has no real difference in feel or noise, but the trans is smoother shifting and quieter. Neutral was easier to find also.

Boatman

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2010 SEUC-accident victim-gone
    • CVO3: 2005 SEEG-traded on 2010
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2009, 03:52:54 PM »

I had always used Redline products in my 05..  I got tired of not being able to find neutral in my 10, so at 650 miles, put MTL in the primary, Shockproof in the tranny, and 20W50 in the motor and all is well.

OhioDave

• 1K CVO Member
    • OH

• CVO1: 2015 CVO Limited
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2009, 02:19:13 PM »

I had always used Redline products in my 05..  I got tired of not being able to find neutral in my 10, so at 650 miles, put MTL in the primary, Shockproof in the tranny, and 20W50 in the motor and all is well.

Did you purchase the MTL at Jegs Bob, or does somebody else sell it around here?

moscooter

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2009, 02:35:51 PM »

:cherry:

I order mine here.......

http://www.myoilshop.com/

Boatman

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2009, 06:07:50 PM »

Did you purchase the MTL at Jegs Bob, or does somebody else sell it around here?

Dave-

I order mine from Moscooter's place-"my oil shop".    Bob

rayz1951

• Full CVO Member
    • MI

« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2009, 07:00:18 PM »

I ordered direct from Redline.

Ray Z
RayZ

firedawg24

« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2010, 05:00:45 PM »

I noticed you did not use the "V-Twin" specific lubes, any harm in doing so? If not are there any benefits?

My Bagg

• Ferguson, Harley Ferguson
  • Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: Red FLHTCUSE5
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2010, 05:09:19 PM »

I spoke with the Redline Tech support last Friday in length.  The V-Twin products are as follows Primary= MTL  V-Twin Trans= Heavy shockproof (Red).  All repackaged to give you that warm fuzzy feeling. And with same great taste, or something like that :orange:

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2010, 05:13:02 PM »

Thanks for the post, think I'll go ahead and try the Redline products myself
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit
Fullsac SS titanium coated DX dual pipe
Kuryakyn 4 inch Mellow Crushers
Color Matched Bushtec Turbo 2
1st Active member of the CVO Critter Gawkers Society

firedawg24

« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2010, 09:35:35 PM »

I spoke with the Redline Tech support last Friday in length.  The V-Twin products are as follows Primary= MTL  V-Twin Trans= Heavy shockproof (Red).  All repackaged to give you that warm fuzzy feeling. And with same great taste, or something like that :orange:
Thank You, that info save me a long trip. I guess I know what I'm doing tomorrow.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2010, 09:45:53 PM »

It's not that I have any issue at all with Redline motor oil.  Have used it in in a few places over the years.  Got to admit a (sort of) silly reason I'll not use it in the bikes though.

I use Redline Shockproof in the gear boxes.  A good synthetic ATF in the primaries.  Mobil 1 in the engines.  They are all quality lubricants.  Choosing between them and other lubricants also of good quality is a distinction without a difference.  But as they're used in my bikes now if something leaks I'll always know what it is.  They look different, smell different and even taste different.

Lazy man's diagnostics?  No doubt.  But I'll take simple and easy when it's simple and easy and doesn't jeopardize or cost a thing.

Black Diamond

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 11 FLHXSE2 "Vanessa"
    • CVO2: 08 FLHRSE4 "Lexi" "Bike from Hell"
    • CVO3: 02 FLHRSEI "Ruby"
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2010, 11:55:21 PM »

It's not that I have any issue at all with Redline motor oil.  Have used it in in a few places over the years.  Got to admit a (sort of) silly reason I'll not use it in the bikes though.

I use Redline Shockproof in the gear boxes.  A good synthetic ATF in the primaries.  Mobil 1 in the engines.  They are all quality lubricants.  Choosing between them and other lubricants also of good quality is a distinction without a difference.  But as they're used in my bikes now if something leaks I'll always know what it is.  They look different, smell different and even taste different.

Lazy man's diagnostics?  No doubt.  But I'll take simple and easy when it's simple and easy and doesn't jeopardize or cost a thing.

Don, You are bordering on being a Genius! Of course I'm very tired and it could just be me.  :nixweiss:  ;D

JW

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2010, 12:02:46 AM »

Don, You are bordering on being a Genius! Of course I'm very tired and it could just be me.  :nixweiss:  ;D

JW

Oh yeah, way far bordering :huepfenlol2: .
« Last Edit: March 04, 2010, 02:14:12 AM by Twolanerider »

9 1/2 Beers

• Blu
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2009 FLHTCUSE4 (ZIGGY) Stardust Silver / Twilight Blue
    • CVO2: 2022 Ultra Limited FLHTK Reef Blue / Vivid Black
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2010, 12:09:30 AM »

I ordered direct from Redline.

Ray Z

So do I

http://www.redlineoil.com/product.aspx?pid=105&pcid=19

Marty

Just to get the hat and stickers  :huepfenlol2:
« Last Edit: March 04, 2010, 12:11:05 AM by 110 Mofo »
"Let the road go on forever and the party never end "

Badger Mike

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 CVO Street Glide
    • CVO2: 2017 Indian Jack Daniels Edition Chieftan
    • CVO3: 2019 CVO Road Glide
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2010, 03:03:06 PM »

I put the shockproof tranny fluid in my new bike, wow what a difference :bananarock:
The days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, those are really good days.

DESERTBEAR54

• DESERTBEAR
  • 1K CVO Member
  • BLUU 10 SEUC,09 Street Glide
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2010, 04:34:51 PM »

Just a question but how often are you all changing out the Redline Products in your Tranny and Primary? I think 10k on the Tranny and 5k on the motor and Primary??? I know of some people that run a good synthetic in there tranny and never change it for 50 k or more. Not sure I want to do that so that is my question.
1000 Bears Can't Be Wrong Eat Your Honey Then Ride Safe and Smoke A Good Cigar!!

cahdbiker

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2010, 08:51:08 AM »

Rayz1952, I also switched to redline in all three holes. I still have the lifter ticking, but the trans shifting and 5th gear noise is better. Also at idle I still get that little clunking noise from the primary. I don't think that the automatic primary chain adjusters work as good as the old manually adjustable ones, since I don't have any noise like that coming from my 95 Heritage. Also since I live in So Cal I am going to switch out my engine oil from Redline 20-60 to Amsoil 60 WT Synthetic. It keeps my 95 Heritage nice and quiet(S&S 107 ) and it is compatable with Dino oil  just in case you are somewhere and can't get redline or don't have any in your saddlebag. Actually at 200 degrees oil temp my S&S has less valve train noise then my 09SEUC. (unfortunately since S&S sent me a lemon engine the first time it took one complete rebuild at their cost(under warranty) and a second set of new jugs, pistons, and rings(again under warranty) to get it right.(the second top end rebuild was done by Bennett's in Long Beach CA. He set the specs tighter than S&S) I have a post about this under the EVO section. Sorry about the rambling. I woke up too early this morning. CAHDBIKER

2009 SEUC just south of Point Mugu Ventura County, Ca.

tazmun

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 06 FLHTCUSE (sold)
    • CVO2: 19 FLHXS All Black
« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2010, 01:57:00 PM »

So has anyone found the "perfect" tool to change the filter
without getting the oil all over everything? I've seen some
after market funnel things, and a few friends tried them
with not much luck.
The "TAZMUN"

Boatman

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2010, 04:03:36 PM »

with not much luck.

Some of us buy the K&N filter with the nut welded on the end so you can use a socket.  Thern I take a 2 litre bottle and cut away about 1/3 of it and the end out to slip over the filter and catch the filter and as musch as the oil that I can.  Also stuff rags around the cooler, etc before doing this.  That's the best I can do.

Don't know if I will use the Redline 20W50 much longer at $12.95 qt compared to Mobil 1 V Twin at $6.72 qt.  Change at 5,000 miles.

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2010, 10:00:39 PM »

with not much luck.

I've pondered and studied this one for many years, and while I eventually got pretty good at no-mess filter changes on my Dyna, I have never been able to come all that close with this CVO e-glide.  That oil cooler and voltage regulator on the e-glide tend to complicate the whole thing, as in not enough room to stuff the various gadgets, plastic bags, rags, and other crap in there and still get the filter out without dumping it all over the place.  One thing I've tried that seems to have promise is drilling or drifting a hole in the end of the filter to drain most of the oil before trying to remove the filter from the engine.  Those plastic catch devices from Drag Specialties and the others work fine with this method, but not so great if you just unscrew the filter and let all that oil gush out at once.  One suggestion; if you decide to drift a hole in the end of the filter, and you don't have a K&N filter with the nut on the end, make sure you break the filter loose before drifting the hole.  Regular strap type filter wrenches don't grip too well after you oil up the outer end of the filter.

I suppose if you had a couple really strong buddies you could have them just tip the bike over on the left side and hold it up while you unscrew and remove the filter.  :nixweiss:

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2010, 10:31:25 PM »

That's been my latest sort-of effective method also. One of the odd shaped specialty funnels under the filter and drilling holes in the end of the filter. I stay with drilling after seeing just how hard you have to strike even a sharpened punch against the K&N filters. Nightmare visions filled my head of the day a casting broke.

SERK3

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 07 FLHRSE3
« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2010, 07:10:12 AM »

I just take the oil cooler loose and move it to the side, So far no mess or problems.
07 SCREAMIN EAGLE ROAD KING, RAZOR RED WITH GOLD FLAMES
V&H DUALS WITH HI-OUTPUT SLIP-ONS, ZIPPERS THUNDER MAX w/AUTOTUNE, NESS BIG SUCKER, LED TURN AND BRAKE LIGHTS. FARING, HARD BAGS & KING TOUR PAK.
LIVE EASY, RIDE HARD

MikeV

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLSTSE CVO Softail Convertible
« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2010, 08:04:31 AM »

I spoke to the service manager at my local dealer because I wanted to get a price on what the 1K service would cost if I supplied my own fluids. He said not to use Redline in the trans as the MoCo will not honor any transmission warranty claims because the new 6 speed   requires their "specific formulation".  Before I move on to another dealer is there any truth to that? It does sound like a load of BS to me.

MikeV
Fullsac 1.75" Baffles / TTS / Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads / H-D LED Headlight / CeeBailey Windshield

SERK3

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #25 on: April 11, 2010, 08:19:20 AM »

BS, They want to sell their own product.
07 SCREAMIN EAGLE ROAD KING, RAZOR RED WITH GOLD FLAMES
V&H DUALS WITH HI-OUTPUT SLIP-ONS, ZIPPERS THUNDER MAX w/AUTOTUNE, NESS BIG SUCKER, LED TURN AND BRAKE LIGHTS. FARING, HARD BAGS & KING TOUR PAK.
LIVE EASY, RIDE HARD

09fltrse3

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #26 on: April 11, 2010, 08:46:29 AM »

Mike, your service manager is full of it, he's looking out for his self, as in he gets a bonus for how much product he sells. Or he isn't the brightest bulb in the box. Andy

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #27 on: April 11, 2010, 11:14:07 AM »

I spoke to the service manager at my local dealer because I wanted to get a price on what the 1K service would cost if I supplied my own fluids. He said not to use Redline in the trans as the MoCo will not honor any transmission warranty claims because the new 6 speed   requires their "specific formulation".  Before I move on to another dealer is there any truth to that? It does sound like a load of BS to me.

MikeV

Not only is he mistaken (intentionally or otherwise) he is speaking contrary to Federal law.  A manufacturer can not require that you use their own specific lubricant to keep the manufacturer's warranty active.

wenchal

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLTRU
    • CVO2: 2008 SEUC - SOLD
« Reply #28 on: April 11, 2010, 01:25:58 PM »

Has anyone ever ordered from autopartsdealer.com?  They list the 2050 Power Pack for $50.38 and free ship.

http://www.autopartsdealer.com/red_line_motorcycle__power_pack-p504645-p.html?utm_source=froogle&utm_medium=na&utm_campaign=froogle&utm_content=498959

tcb62

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3
« Reply #29 on: April 11, 2010, 06:15:32 PM »

that sounds like a deal!!!!  Anyone ordered from this company?
TCB62

tazmun

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #30 on: April 12, 2010, 08:56:48 AM »

MikeV

My dealer will not SELL anything but HD products......Guess who doesn't get his oil service done there?
The "TAZMUN"

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #31 on: April 12, 2010, 09:12:01 AM »

I've pondered and studied this one for many years, and while I eventually got pretty good at no-mess filter changes on my Dyna, I have never been able to come all that close with this CVO e-glide.  That oil cooler and voltage regulator on the e-glide tend to complicate the whole thing, as in not enough room to stuff the various gadgets, plastic bags, rags, and other crap in there and still get the filter out without dumping it all over the place.  One thing I've tried that seems to have promise is drilling or drifting a hole in the end of the filter to drain most of the oil before trying to remove the filter from the engine.  Those plastic catch devices from Drag Specialties and the others work fine with this method, but not so great if you just unscrew the filter and let all that oil gush out at once.  One suggestion; if you decide to drift a hole in the end of the filter, and you don't have a K&N filter with the nut on the end, make sure you break the filter loose before drifting the hole.  Regular strap type filter wrenches don't grip too well after you oil up the outer end of the filter.

I suppose if you had a couple really strong buddies you could have them just tip the bike over on the left side and hold it up while you unscrew and remove the filter.  :nixweiss:

Jerry

The hole drilled in the bottom of the filter has been the best - least mess - method & like you I have tried aftermarket oil catchers & made my own as well.  A 2 liter coke bottle top cut off works ok with the hole drill method for me.  Plus a shop towel underneath for the just in case. I use the K & N filters you mentioned also.

If those 2 big guys would hold the bike in the air after the oil change would be easier to clean the wheels, also.

"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

DESERTBEAR54

• DESERTBEAR
  • 1K CVO Member
  • BLUU 10 SEUC,09 Street Glide
« Reply #32 on: April 12, 2010, 10:50:35 AM »

On My 08 SEUC I just unscrew the oil filter and put rags underneath oil cooler with a plastic container and let it drain. I fill new filter up with oil and screw it right on. I then use a can of brake cleaner and spray whole area and let dry and never have any residual oil anywhere. Very simple and easy!! I tried all these other ways to not spill and what a PIA that was so I just pull it and let it drain naturally and then spray her down. :2vrolijk_21:
1000 Bears Can't Be Wrong Eat Your Honey Then Ride Safe and Smoke A Good Cigar!!

tazmun

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #33 on: April 12, 2010, 07:23:43 PM »

Has anyone ever ordered from autopartsdealer.com?  They list the 2050 Power Pack for $50.38 and free ship.

http://www.autopartsdealer.com/red_line_motorcycle__power_pack-p504645-p.html?utm_source=froogle&utm_medium=na&utm_campaign=froogle&utm_content=498959

I just ordered 2 packs, I will report back "if" I get them. SUPER DEAL!!!
The "TAZMUN"

brassspike

• Elite CVO Member
    • NC

« Reply #34 on: April 12, 2010, 07:57:38 PM »

I changed out to red line in all three holes this winter. With the spring here and getting a mile or two on the bike this is what I have found. Fifth gear wine is as always, perhaps a little louder. Clunk going into gear is still there. Motor is still noisy as ever. I can tell no change over M-1, HD, Amsoil, and RLine. Maybe some more miles will help  :-\
RETIRED! :fireman:

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #35 on: April 12, 2010, 09:32:05 PM »

I changed out to red line in all three holes this winter. With the spring here and getting a mile or two on the bike this is what I have found. Fifth gear wine is as always, perhaps a little louder. Clunk going into gear is still there. Motor is still noisy as ever. I can tell no change over M-1, HD, Amsoil, and RLine. Maybe some more miles will help  :-\

Ah well, reality rears it's ugly head.  Kind of like back in college when you found out Bud wasn't really any better than PBR, just a little more expensive. :o

I'm not aware of any magical lubricant that will eliminate machining or design problems such as those experienced by Harley owners.  I think many folks tend to talk themselves into believing a particular higher priced product made a difference, but I also think if those same folks were involved in a double blind comparison test they couldn't tell the difference with any more certainty than what would be explained by pure chance (wild azzed guess).

Changing to a real gear lube in the trans, instead of motor oil, will improve durability and in many cases has also improved shift "feel".  As for eliminating the spur gear whine, real gear oil never eliminated it on my old 5 speeds with spur gears, so I have been unconvinced when folks have claimed the 5th gear whine was miraculously "fixed" on the Cruise Drive trans just by changing brands of oil.  The fix is proper machining and clearancing of the gears, or replacing that gear set with a helical gear set like H-D finally did for 2010.  Folks with earlier models could contact Bert Baker for his fix, but for that kind of money I think a little whine is just fine.

Eliminating the clunk going into gear has a lot more to do with eliminating clutch drag, so trans fluid isn't going to help that.  I have found, after trying many different types and brands of primary oil, that automatic trans fluid works better than all the other oils I've tried, Harley or other brands.  It also helps if you get full travel of the clutch release mechanism, which is not the way they come from H-D.

Assuming you don't change the viscosity of the motor oil, it's not likely that changing brands is going to quiet down a mechanically noisy engine.  Air cooled Harley V-Twins are noisy, and the CVO version is even noisier.  Why do you suppose folks started putting those loud pipes on Harley's all those years ago?  To drown out the clatter so the bike didn't sound like a Chevy Vega in dire need of an overhaul is my guess.

Seriously, Redline makes highly rated products that have earned a good reputation over the years.  You can't go wrong running their products, just don't expect miracles.  And take all the hype from all the folks on all the various web sites, including the stuff spouted by yours truly, with a large grain of salt.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

tazmun

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #36 on: April 13, 2010, 09:36:27 AM »

Jerry,
I totally agree with what you said in your post, however "some" brands of motor oil will
run cooler. I also just bought the Redline kit stated in my last post for a lot less money
the I can buy 4 qt's of Syn3.
The "TAZMUN"

bigmuff

« Reply #37 on: April 15, 2010, 08:10:51 PM »

I changed my tranny and primary to Redline Shockproof Heavy and MTL respectively and noticed no improvement over Mobil1.  In fact, I found the primary to be noisier so I drained it and put Mobil1 back in.   Definitely quieter with M1 in there vs MTL.  After trying various combinations I prefer Mobil1 in all three holes.

skreminegul07

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • MA

• CVO1: 2017 Indian Chieftain Limited
« Reply #38 on: April 18, 2010, 11:05:03 AM »

Just clicked on this link, today it's only $7.56!!!!!!  Is shipping $45???
Any day on the bike is a good day.

2ndCVO

« Reply #39 on: April 18, 2010, 12:35:58 PM »

Just ordered 2 let's see what shows up charged $28  for shipping
« Last Edit: April 18, 2010, 04:36:46 PM by 2ndCVO »

hooligan

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO2: 09 XB12X Buell Ulysses
    • CVO3: 05 XL883C
« Reply #40 on: April 18, 2010, 01:09:34 PM »

I did the same ..7.95 x 2 + 27.00 shipping for two power packs ??
You're just jealous because the voices only talk to me

Razor Red
SE Heavy Breather
V & H Slip ons
Power Commander 3 usb
Diamond cut Cylinders and Heads
True Track
Chrome Inner Primary & Tons of Chrome

bluegoose

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 CVO Ultra - Riptide Blue
« Reply #41 on: April 19, 2010, 04:31:35 PM »

I'm considering changing to Redline in all three holes.

When you change to Redline is there any concern about the small amount of Syn 3 that will be left in the motor, trans or primary?

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #42 on: April 19, 2010, 06:45:23 PM »

I did the same ..7.95 x 2 + 27.00 shipping for two power packs ??
That would make two packs cost about $43. The site offered freeshipping for orders over $50. When I ordered over the weekend ordered seven packs for a total of about $53. No idea if the vendor will sell or not but if trying seemed reasonable to get seven packs rather than two for about the same money.

hooligan

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO2: 09 XB12X Buell Ulysses
    • CVO3: 05 XL883C
« Reply #43 on: April 21, 2010, 03:15:30 PM »

I'm trying the same thing...
You're just jealous because the voices only talk to me

Razor Red
SE Heavy Breather
V & H Slip ons
Power Commander 3 usb
Diamond cut Cylinders and Heads
True Track
Chrome Inner Primary & Tons of Chrome

BillH

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2008 FLTRI
« Reply #44 on: April 23, 2010, 11:03:36 AM »

Well, my credit card was just charged $52.92 for the 7 Redline "kits" I ordered a few days ago.  Wonder what they will actually ship?  If they stand by their ad, it looks like I will be staying with Redline products for a while!

Bill

The price is now $50.38 "per kit" on their website
« Last Edit: April 23, 2010, 11:12:36 AM by BillH »
2008 FLTRI - 103, S&S 570 cams, SE cam plate, Ness Big Sucker, Woods lifters, GMR adjustable pushrods, Lozano Brothers heads, HPI 54mm throttle body mod, Supertrapp 2:1, SE compensator, BDL +1 clutch TTS tuner w/GMR Dyno, Ricor fork valves, Progressive 440's, Wild 1 515's bars, HID's, TrueTrack, J&M 71/2" speakers, Clearview +2, lots of other small stuff.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #45 on: April 23, 2010, 11:13:11 AM »

I had the order charged almost immediately after ordering.  So they billed me.  No idea yet what they actually shipped.  The price on their site for the redline kit is now just over $50 so they've made a correction.

BillH

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2008 FLTRI
« Reply #46 on: April 23, 2010, 12:08:57 PM »

Guess we'll find out pretty soon....
2008 FLTRI - 103, S&S 570 cams, SE cam plate, Ness Big Sucker, Woods lifters, GMR adjustable pushrods, Lozano Brothers heads, HPI 54mm throttle body mod, Supertrapp 2:1, SE compensator, BDL +1 clutch TTS tuner w/GMR Dyno, Ricor fork valves, Progressive 440's, Wild 1 515's bars, HID's, TrueTrack, J&M 71/2" speakers, Clearview +2, lots of other small stuff.

BillH

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2008 FLTRI
« Reply #47 on: April 28, 2010, 03:39:22 PM »

Seemed too good to be true....and it was!  I ordered 7 kits for $52. They charged my card, so I have been waiting to see what they would ship.  Got this today:

Hello Bill,

Recently you placed an order back with us on for some product.
Unfortunately there was a glitch with our website and the price was incorrectly listed.
Your order has been cancelled and your funds will be refunded.
We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you.
As a courtesy Auto Parts Dealer.com will price match any competitors online price by 10%

Redline Motorcycle Power Pack $50.38

If you have any additional questions please free to contact us at 866-424-7000.

Thank You
Benjamin Anguiano

APDC_logo_v1 1s (3)

banguiano@autopartsdealer.com

brassspike

• Elite CVO Member
    • NC

« Reply #48 on: April 28, 2010, 08:11:25 PM »

Seemed too good to be true....and it was!  I ordered 7 kits for $52. They charged my card, so I have been waiting to see what they would ship.  Got this today:

Hello Bill,

Recently you placed an order back with us on for some product.
Unfortunately there was a glitch with our website and the price was incorrectly listed.
Your order has been cancelled and your funds will be refunded.
We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you.
As a courtesy Auto Parts Dealer.com will price match any competitors online price by 10%

Redline Motorcycle Power Pack $50.38

I

If you have any additional questions please free to contact us at 866-424-7000.

Thank You
Benjamin Anguiano

APDC_logo_v1 1s (3)

banguiano@autopartsdealer.com

Looks like they would have to honor the price since they had charged your account and its their mistake. >:(
RETIRED! :fireman:

wenchal

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #49 on: May 23, 2010, 09:58:37 PM »

Did anyone ever get any of these at what price?  Even at $50 with free ship that is a pretty good deal. 

charles05663

• 1K CVO Member
    • TX

• CVO1: FLTRSE3 - Petunia
« Reply #50 on: May 24, 2010, 06:07:50 PM »

Well, my credit card was just charged $52.92 for the 7 Redline "kits" I ordered a few days ago.  Wonder what they will actually ship?  If they stand by their ad, it looks like I will be staying with Redline products for a while!

Bill

The price is now $50.38 "per kit" on their website

I placed an order on 5/14/2010 for 3 packs @ $50.38 per pack.  Called today to find out where it was and was informed that it was a "glitch" in the system and my order was canceled.  I checked the site today and it is listed at $79.95 per pack.

It seems to me they sure have a lot of "glitches" in their system.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2010, 06:10:43 PM by charles05663 »
And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.
Matthew 4:19

http://www.thefishermenministry.net/

Q:  What is the USA's number one export to China?
A:  Trash!  They loved our high quality trash. (not any longer).

Stolen technology and Jobs!

BillH

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2008 FLTRI
« Reply #51 on: May 24, 2010, 11:26:23 PM »

Well, it took 3 weeks, but I finally got a credit for the initial charge for the 7 "kits" I ordered from these jerks.  Took several emails and a threat of BBB and AmEx actions!  I would NOT recommend doing business with the clowns at Autopartsdealer.com. 

Bill

wenchal

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #52 on: May 25, 2010, 07:37:34 AM »

Oh well, guess if it sounds to good to be true something is wrong...

charles05663

• 1K CVO Member
    • TX

• CVO1: FLTRSE3 - Petunia
« Reply #53 on: May 25, 2010, 08:55:25 AM »

I placed an order on 5/14/2010 for 3 packs @ $50.38 per pack.  Called today to find out where it was and was informed that it was a "glitch" in the system and my order was canceled.  I checked the site today and it is listed at $79.95 per pack.

It seems to me they sure have a lot of "glitches" in their system.

When I spoke to them yesterday (5/24/201), I was told the order was canceled three days after I placed it and was issued a refund on my Visa.  I checked my Visa card today (5/25/2010) and noted that my card was credited yesterday.  Apparently, it was only after my call did they issue a refund to me.  Sounds like they are trying to lure people in with the low prices and then cancel their order and hope they will still buy the stuff at the higher price.
And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.
Matthew 4:19

http://www.thefishermenministry.net/

Q:  What is the USA's number one export to China?
A:  Trash!  They loved our high quality trash. (not any longer).

Stolen technology and Jobs!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]

Page created in 0.321 seconds with 21 queries.