Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Baker F6F Factory 6 Fix Kit-Anyone try it?  (Read 5028 times)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
Baker F6F Factory 6 Fix Kit-Anyone try it?
« on: December 26, 2009, 10:02:54 PM »

Has anyone tried this kit on their '06 Dyna or '07/'08 Cruise Drives? I've heard it's a good kit and works as advertised. It lists for 900 bucks, but you can pick it up right now for $450 and Free Shipping! I was thinking about using it. Any ideas on this?

"Loud fifth gear is a very common complaint with stock factory 6 speeds. So BAKER DRIVETRAIN has stepped forward with an upgrade that will surely make your stock transmission sound so quiet that you'll think BAKER built the whole dang thing! Our kit features helical cut diamond ground gears, 28% wider bearings, a 1/8" thick bearing retainer plate, and a billet aluminum bearing door. All this combines to give you the advantage of a quieter 5th gear, and no clutch lever walking. Fitment: 2006-2009 DYNA 2007-2009 FLT-FLH 2007-2009 SOFTAIL"

Baker F6F Factory 6 Fix Kit

Hoist! :coolblue:
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: Baker F6F Factory 6 Fix Kit-Anyone try it?
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2009, 10:10:36 PM »

You said before your tranny was one thing that had been ok.  Getting a problem or just have to mess with it?

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2009, 10:14:46 PM »

You said before your tranny was one thing that had been ok.  Getting a problem or just have to mess with it?

Just another thing to mess with while I've got everything apart. Any improvements are always welcome. Can't leave well enough alone. You pick one! ::) ;D :2vrolijk_21: ;)

« Last Edit: December 26, 2009, 10:24:45 PM by Hoist! »

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2009, 01:34:39 AM »

Just another thing to mess with while I've got everything apart. Any improvements are always welcome. Can't leave well enough alone. You pick one! ::) ;D :2vrolijk_21: ;)

Boy, I'm glad I can leave mine alone.....

cahdbiker

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2009, 05:20:02 AM »

Hoist, Since I switched to redline heavy duty trans oil on my 09 SEUC (silver) my fifth gear has really quieted down. I really never shift into fifth unless I am above 60 MPH usually 65. However, on occassion I will shift into fifth at 55mph and it seems to make a little more noise at the slower speed. Your idea seems good,and I think Baker products are great, but I think I will leave mine alone until it needs to be taken apart for something other than the noise. Good luck with your improvements. CAHDBIKER

2009 SEUC just south of Point Mugu Ventura County, Ca.

OILCAN1

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2010, 07:51:21 PM »

Correct me if i'm wrong but in 09 the fifth gear had already been changed from the factory had it not? So why would there be any fifth gear noise.

HDDOCFL

• 1K CVO Member
  • Never Say Never
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2010, 10:37:10 AM »

The major change to quiet the 5th gear came out on the 2010 models.   Doc

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2010, 08:53:49 PM »

The 5th gear noise doesn't bother me. With the Performance FatCat I don't hear it anyway. And I've been using RLSPH since the beginning. I'm doing it primarily for this "...28% wider bearings, a 1/8" thick bearing retainer plate, and a billet aluminum bearing door. All this combines to give you the advantage of a quieter 5th gear, and no clutch lever walking." Hopefully, neutral will be a lil easier to get too. But additional strength is always desired, and the main reason to do it for me. ;)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2010, 12:12:56 PM »

Not sure how it'll help the "finding neutral" situation at all. But it might help that a lil too, according to Baker. I hope it does a lil. I ordered the Baker F6F kit. I'll be using it along with the Baker 31T trans pulley.

They were great about the whole thing too. Since I already ordered the Recalibrator with the 31T Pulley, they credited me back $88 toward that and won't include it in the kit. So the total was $362 delivered! I thought that was very fair! :2vrolijk_21:

Their specials expired on NYE, but if you call today, they still might honor them! ;)

« Last Edit: January 04, 2010, 12:15:44 PM by Hoist! »

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2010, 09:00:28 PM »

What is the number on the redline tranny fluid, I think I'll give it a try.
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit
Fullsac SS titanium coated DX dual pipe
Kuryakyn 4 inch Mellow Crushers
Color Matched Bushtec Turbo 2
1st Active member of the CVO Critter Gawkers Society

Page created in 0.136 seconds with 21 queries.