Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: SEUC Lug?  (Read 1440 times)

T MAC

• Elite CVO Member
  • FREEDOM

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 - B/O
SEUC Lug?
« on: March 20, 2010, 02:46:26 PM »

I am going to try to describe what I am feeling and I hope someone can help me out with it.

When I ride I feel like my bike is lugging - I installed the IDS about a year ago and like it alot.  I can run at lower gears and rpm now but lately I have been feeling a lug.  I am having a hard time trying to describe it except if feels like the bike is Barely lunging forward - this happens even at 3rd gear at 3000-3300 rpm.  It is NOT like the lug before the IDS in 2nd gear low rpm.  The bike does not feel smooth at all, although it never really has felt that smooth.  I did some testing by stopping and starting and one thing I noticed even when the clutch is fully pulled in the bike will creep forward on a level surface.  I know the clutch has always been a piece of chit (sorry but I have ridden for 20 years worst clutch I have ever had - I almost dumped the bike in dealer parking lot when it stalled) - I believe moco solved this in the 09 & 10.  I have maybe a 1/4 inch of play with the clutch and have since day 1 .

Does anyone have any expereince or suggestions as what may be the problem.  Can the IDS cause this??

Appreciate the Help
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
Re: SEUC Lug?
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2010, 08:13:02 PM »

I am going to try to describe what I am feeling and I hope someone can help me out with it.

When I ride I feel like my bike is lugging - I installed the IDS about a year ago and like it alot.  I can run at lower gears and rpm now but lately I have been feeling a lug.  I am having a hard time trying to describe it except if feels like the bike is Barely lunging forward - this happens even at 3rd gear at 3000-3300 rpm.  It is NOT like the lug before the IDS in 2nd gear low rpm.  The bike does not feel smooth at all, although it never really has felt that smooth.  I did some testing by stopping and starting and one thing I noticed even when the clutch is fully pulled in the bike will creep forward on a level surface.  I know the clutch has always been a piece of chit (sorry but I have ridden for 20 years worst clutch I have ever had - I almost dumped the bike in dealer parking lot when it stalled) - I believe moco solved this in the 09 & 10.  I have maybe a 1/4 inch of play with the clutch and have since day 1 .

Does anyone have any expereince or suggestions as what may be the problem.  Can the IDS cause this??

Appreciate the Help

When the rubber inserts in the IDS wear, and many have done so fairly quickly, you can experience something similar to what you described.  There is a bulletin from H-D telling dealers how to check for excessive play in the IDS, and I think there's a copy on this site somewhere as well.

As for the clutch, it should not be dragging with the lever fully pulled in.  Most likely it needs a very thorough bleeding of the hydraulics, and that has been and still remains a widespread problem with the CVO clutch.  If the clutch still drags after a proper bleeding, you may have an actuator or master cylinder issue.

Jerry

Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

T MAC

• Elite CVO Member
  • FREEDOM

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 - B/O
Re: SEUC Lug?
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2010, 10:24:39 PM »

Thank you Jerry - I always Appreciate your posts :2vrolijk_21:

I will call the dealer and have them check the IDS and clutch.
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy

Page created in 0.131 seconds with 21 queries.