Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Hydraulic clutch adjustment for a 2007 CVO.  (Read 7447 times)

sehawg110

• Ambrosio Martin Art Of Old Cuba
Hydraulic clutch adjustment for a 2007 CVO.
« on: June 24, 2010, 09:08:19 AM »

The manual provides great instructions on how to adjust a clutch pack.  Of course with the hydraulic clutch there is no cable adjustment but with the hyraulic system is it necessary to check or adjust the pack?  I am told the pack adjustment is automatic.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: Hydraulic clutch adjustment for a 2007 CVO.
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2010, 09:10:06 AM »

The manual provides great instructions on how to adjust a clutch pack.  Of course with the hydraulic clutch there is no cable adjustment but with the hyraulic system is it necessary to check or adjust the pack?  I am told the pack adjustment is automatic.

There is no "automatic" adjustment of the disks.  There simply is no adjustment.

FUZZNUTS

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: FLTRSE3
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2010, 11:51:35 AM »

Let me add my .02..................My 03 SERK was giving me a little trouble. When in gear and the clutch handle pulled all the way , when I went to start the bike. It would want to roll right out from underneath me. So, being a new CVO owner and never having a hydraulic clutch. I went right back to the dealer with it. And like you said Don, no adjustment. However. air or sediment in the hydraulic system will cause havoc.  After two trips back to the dealer, they finally drained and refilled the hydraulic fluids and cleaned the reservoir for the clutch and I never had this particular problem again..........................................................Fuzz   
Someday's you hit them like Jack Nicklaus and someday's like Jack Ass

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2010, 12:10:12 PM »

Let me add my .02..................My 03 SERK was giving me a little trouble. When in gear and the clutch handle pulled all the way , when I went to start the bike. It would want to roll right out from underneath me. So, being a new CVO owner and never having a hydraulic clutch. I went right back to the dealer with it. And like you said Don, no adjustment. However. air or sediment in the hydraulic system will cause havoc.  After two trips back to the dealer, they finally drained and refilled the hydraulic fluids and cleaned the reservoir for the clutch and I never had this particular problem again..........................................................Fuzz   

And they can be a bit obnoxious to get bled.  Not really sure if the bleeder isn't in an ideal spot or what other issue might be going on.  But sometimes they don't bleed easy.

Mr. Wizard

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 05 FLSTFSE (Platinum)
    • CVO2: 10 FLHXSE (Teq Sun)
    • CVO3: 10 FLSTSE (Scarlet)
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2010, 02:26:57 PM »

After installing a VPC in each of our bikes, both had creep. Quick bleed and both are fine and so much easier to pull or hold at a stop. Yep, Fluid is about the only adjustment.

Page created in 0.136 seconds with 21 queries.