Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Pre-2010 style compensator has MoCo issued guidance?  (Read 4570 times)

DavidB

• 1K CVO Member
Re: Pre-2010 style compensator has MoCo issued guidance?
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2010, 02:19:50 PM »

I got the same run around, installed my own and now all is well. Doc.  4 hrs start to finish.

Did it the same way Doc.. Problem solved

Billy

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2007 SERK
    • CVO2: 2014 SERK
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2010, 08:32:18 AM »

Just was at dealer . I told tech of starting issues for a year but it would not do it for him. Today I was by dealer with tech and asked to listen. The bike did not start and it had kickback. he said he would fix under extended warranty. I would have to pay difference for SE compensator.  Billy
2014 SERK Tribal Orange Wild one 501 apes Powder coated gloss black, Mustang Seat with backrest, King tour pack with smoked lights, LED aux lights, CD Dynamic front ringz, CD custom license plate with LED turns and brake light, Zumo 660 mounted on bar, Klock Werks 17 inch Flare windshield, Saddle bag guards, Added LED turn indicators in handle bar cover, Engine guard foot pegs

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG Orange & Black All Attitude
    • CVO2: 08 CUSE Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver the Cruiser
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2010, 08:41:12 AM »

Why should you have to pay the difference, it's warranty   they should cover it all except $50
2008FLHTCUSE3 Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver
Freedom Gear drive cams, Elite D Exhaust.

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander
W/ American legend trailer<br

Billy

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2010, 12:05:53 PM »

I was going to pay for the upgrade to the Se part. Not sure if they will pay , I am still working  on that with the SM he is very helpfull So I will find out next week  Woodstock HD has always been very helpful it is the MOCO that is the problem, If it wasn't for the service dept I would have been looking for a different bike years ago.      Billy
2014 SERK Tribal Orange Wild one 501 apes Powder coated gloss black, Mustang Seat with backrest, King tour pack with smoked lights, LED aux lights, CD Dynamic front ringz, CD custom license plate with LED turns and brake light, Zumo 660 mounted on bar, Klock Werks 17 inch Flare windshield, Saddle bag guards, Added LED turn indicators in handle bar cover, Engine guard foot pegs

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2010, 12:44:05 PM »

I was going to pay for the upgrade to the Se part. Not sure if they will pay , I am still working  on that with the SM he is very helpfull So I will find out next week  Woodstock HD has always been very helpful it is the MOCO that is the problem, If it wasn't for the service dept I would have been looking for a different bike years ago.      Billy
If I'm not mistaken you will pay the difference to upgrade a part on (regular or extended) warranty work unless upgraded part was put on at the time of purchasing the bike new.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Billy

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2010, 01:06:30 PM »

That is what I thought and that is fair to me.  Billy

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2010, 01:10:04 PM »

That is what I thought and that is fair to me.  Billy
That it is :2vrolijk_21:... I've been hoping my starter would chit the bed so I could pay the difference and get a chrome one... hasn't done it yet... and probably will not do it until warranty expires. :(

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

mud man

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: FLTRSE3 silver
« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2010, 07:42:37 PM »

If you guys can upgrade to better parts and only pay the difference I am envious. was told at the stealer today that SE compensator upgrade for my worn 09 one would cost me $300 cdn plus installation (starter kicks back almost every time) oh and I BOUGHT THE EXTENDED SERVICE PLAN! You would think they would at least cover the labour :nixweiss:
« Last Edit: September 22, 2010, 08:00:53 PM by mud man »
it ain't about getting to the grave in a perfectly preserved body it's about sliding in sideways saying  WOW WHAT A RIDE!!!!

Billy

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2010, 10:23:36 PM »

My dealer in IL said that it would be under warranty and I would pay the difference  for the compensator. Not sure what the difference would be. I would call HD and complain. The bike should not kick back and not start.  Billy
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.577 seconds with 21 queries.