Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7  All

Author Topic: MOCO needs to take notice  (Read 9010 times)

Scooterhair

• Senior CVO Member
  • DSP Member # 637.3
MOCO needs to take notice
« on: April 25, 2006, 07:44:13 PM »

This is just my opinion. Willy G. needs to stop with his PIMP attitude. He is fallin behind the compition and charging way to much for what he is putting out. Piss poor quality parts - chrome - paint- and the list goes on.
Sorry I ran out of zanax.
This thought started today when I  got a Roger McEwan oil temp. guage in the mail. This should have been on the bike from the factory. The kit comes with everything, unlike a H-D part, they would charge you for every little thing. Easy install, this guy was thinking when he did this. If H-D took this attitude with the MOCO a much better product would roll off the line. This is just one of many, thanks to the little guy for their work. Is it H-D / AMF / Indian / Emron.
Thanks for the vent time.
Ride on.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2006, 09:18:38 AM by Scooterhair »
2008 Dodge Challenger SRT8
2008 1500 RAM 4x4
2001 Blue FLTRSEI2
2003 Neosho trailer painted to match bike
1999 Blue Ness custom ( SOLD )
1997 Black & Champagne Wide Glide (The Wife's)
Big Ass 21' Dodge 3500

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
Re: MOCO needs to take notice
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2006, 09:18:41 PM »

This is just my opinion. Whilly G. needs to stop with his PIMP attitude. He is fallin behind the compition and charging way to much for what he is putting out. Piss poor quality parts - chrome - paint- and the list goes on.
Sorry I ran out of zanax.
This thought started today when I
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Grover

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2006, 10:48:44 PM »

I agree with the above comments. People always comment me on our bikes, then say they wish they could own one. IMHO, at times I think that if they knew about all the crap we deal with through the MoCo... they'd be better off spending their money elsewhere.
  I'm really getting tired of sinking my hard earned money in a high dollar product to get it right. The MoFoCo loves to nickle & dime us on everything they can. It's time for the MoCo to retool their manufacturing line and get out of the 40's & into the year 2006! Look at what Dodge is doing with their new cars, the Charger & Challanger. Old school styling with high tech components.
  Everbody likes to cry out it's the American heritage that we love. Well what do you think the Davidson family is spending "our" hard earned money on?! It's not Chevy, Ford or Chrysler I can tell you that! A friend of mine recently went to a wedding of one of the Davidsons...They where all driving BMW, Lexus & Benzs' So how do you think they look at the American Heritage?! Look at your tags on HD boots, shirts & some accessories. Even Jean Davidsons book "Growing up Harley Davidson" printed or made overseas. Japan, China etc...

Flame me if you want, but that's just my 2cents.

Take Care,

Grover

Yes I love my bike, but sometimes I ask myself is it really worth it?  

SEULTRA

• 1K CVO Member
  • It's all about riding ...
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2006, 11:37:54 PM »

You need some Ludes Dude, Xanax won't touch that Tude.

Mixed in there with the spittle, venom and assorted poisons is a serious point. When I find myself actually watching a Yamaha Star or Suzuki Boulevard commercial, I know my beloved MOCO has got some serious problems.

[highlight]Where have you gone Willy Davidson ?
The H-D nation casts it's lonely eyes on you.
God rest the souls of the founding four
Their spirit flows through all that we adore
But lately profit is the only thing
Quality has left and gone offshore
Where have you gone Willy Davidson
The H-D nation casts it's lonely eyes on you  [/highlight]

Spidey.... I never knew you had it in you.... I like it!  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

I too would like to see the MOCO get with the program as the other bike manufacturers have. I mean, come on, how 'bout a starter interlock when the bike is in gear???? Pretty basic safety stuff... why hasn't HD done this?? I sure don't like defending my bikes shortcomings... makes me ill....  [smiley=disappointed.gif] [smiley=dizzy2.gif]

The Mysterious Q!

• Keep the shiny side up and ride it like you stole it.
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • This town needs an enema!
    • CT
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2006, 10:49:48 AM »

As long as yahoos like us keep spending our hard earned money on their aftermarket parts things will never change.Add that to the financial strata that has become the HD owner money seems to be no problem to them.Some of the new HD owners have multiple HD's all blinged out,as for me I have one and I sink my heart and soul into it.We keep making them rich(The MOCO) why would they change.Maybe all the problems will come to a head and they will right the ship,wishful thinking maybe but I'll keep my fingers crossed.
When I grow up I want to be a SEEG 2002 FLHRSEI Rineharts Wild1 Apes Beaucoup Chrome Corbin Seat Wimmer Billet Breather and Spike Filter Beautiful Billet Power Commander PCIII USB LED Skull Horn Cover Skull everything Lyndall Z Pads Xtreme Machine Shredder 18's Metzeler ME 880's Xtra Lights HID

RedFXR2

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2006, 11:16:13 AM »

As long as yahoos like us keep spending our hard earned money on their aftermarket parts things will never change.  Add that to the financial strata that has become the HD owner money seems to be no problem to them. ... We keep making them rich (The MOCO) why would they change.

Nail, Hammer, head.  No mystery at all.

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2006, 11:35:11 AM »

As long as yahoos like us keep spending our hard earned money on their aftermarket parts things will never change.Add that to the financial strata that has become the HD owner money seems to be no problem to them.Some of the new HD owners have multiple HD's all blinged out,as for me I have one and I sink my heart and soul into it.We keep making them rich(The MOCO) why would they change.Maybe all the problems will come to a head and they will right the ship,wishful thinking maybe but I'll keep my fingers crossed.

I've had some 18 HD's since I got my first new one in 1976 AMF (actually not a bad bike), everytime I went to a different make or just got rid of it cause I was pissed off at it, the helmet law, or for whatever reason....back I came within a year.  

That isn't going to change for me and since they sell 325,000 bikes a year most likely it will be a long time before it changes for the MoCo, love 'em or hate 'em they is what they is.

RedFXR2

« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2006, 11:41:27 AM »

That isn't going to change for me and since they sell 325,000 bikes a year most likely it will be a long time before it changes for the MoCo, [highlight]love 'em or hate 'em they is what they is.[/highlight]

Another direct hit.  Can't live with 'em, can't live without 'em. [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2006, 12:49:24 PM »

Dam, some of you clowns would bitch, if you was hung with a new rope!  Ain't got a CVO, just got a "regular ol' man's bike", as some clown said, but if I did have a CVO, I would treat it the same way I do Ol' Maudie.  If somthin' breaks, I fix it.  If I can't fix it, I take it in.  If it ain't a warrantable failure, and it usually ain't, I pay for it.  Half the fun of ownin' a Harley, has been workin' on it, for me.  A "Harley-Davidson is the World's Finest Motorcyle."  Not the "World's Most Perfect Motorcycle."  Why?  Because it is made by Humans, and Humans make mistakes.  If your Transmission locked up in your Harley, and you was on the side of the road, loadin' it up in your Buddie's truck, you'd still have more class broke-down, than someone ridin' by you and wavin', on any other brand.  There endeth the lesson.  Later--HUBBARD      
2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,
"National President"-"Hillbilly Rocket Riders", MC, Mother Chapter, WV
"National President"-"W.H.O.R.E", TPT, WV Chapter

ultrafxr

• There are no sure answers, only better questions. - Dick Van Dyke
  • 5k CVO Member
  • No problem is so small it cannot be misunderstood.
    • TN

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTCUTG Tahitian Teal
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE Palladium Silver/Phantom Blue/Wicked Sapphire-traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Electric Orange/Black Diamond-traded
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2006, 12:54:11 PM »

If your Transmission locked up in your Harley, and you was on the side of the road, loadin' it up in your Buddie's truck, you'd still have more class broke-down, than someone ridin' by you and wavin', on any other brand.

Places ridden on my bike from my driveway.
IBA member # 45520

VaEagle

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 06 FLHTCUSE Autumn Haze -SOLD
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3 Orange- sold
    • CVO3: Who knows what?
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2006, 01:08:20 PM »

Well said Hubbard [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

I do see some of both sides though. I think it's a matter of expectations and anticipation.
If a person has waited a long time for "his dream ride" and it costs so much of their hard earned money it is hard to accept the problems.
There is a lot of emotion involed in the selection of any Harley for most of us. If we thought about a bike a simply practical transportation we would probably be riding something else. We also would not put so much money in modifying our bikes either. I think this may be an unheard of statement on this site but I have actually heard bikers say "Chrome don't get you home" and they won't spend money on things that aren't functionaly related to riding. [smiley=nixweiss.gif]
As far as expectations when the MOCO and others convince a person that a CVO is the top of the line and it's don't get any better,then you have a long waiting period and you spend so much money, an owner may have a unrealistic expectation of perfection. Think about this if you didn't have to wait and a CVO only cost $5,000 would folks complain as much?

PCC

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2006, 01:24:21 PM »

It doesn't matter what you ride...or who has "class" or doesn't, or what your own personal definition of that is. We are all just little economic engines fueling whatever company we happen to buy bikes and parts from. I agree with parts of what everyone says, but if you get more out of the process than you put in, it puts a smile on your face. Remember, everything that breaks is just an opportunity to replace with an improved or more "trick" part. This is the MOCO's strategy and record profits speak to their success. Everyone who has a Harley buys into this and by the time you get to your thrid or fourth HD, you know they've got you and you STILL buy into this...

Just little mice...runnin through the maze.

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2006, 01:26:12 PM »

Yeah, 'er 'uh, VaEagle,

Well, I guess the $5000.00 crowd would!  It's a given, the cost of Poker goes up when you own a Harley.  I do understand where you're comin' from, though.  I have really been lucky, in that the only Harley I've ever owned that was a turd, was a '76 Super Glide.  I really haven't had any problems with any of the others, except for the ones I created.  Later--HUBBARD
2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,
"National President"-"Hillbilly Rocket Riders", MC, Mother Chapter, WV
"National President"-"W.H.O.R.E", TPT, WV Chapter

greglyon

• 1K CVO Member
  • 2013 FLHRSE5
    • AZ

• CVO1: FLHRSE5
    • Phillips and Lyon LLC
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2006, 01:32:39 PM »

I think the MOCO is already worried that their fate may be the same as Oldmobile (R.I.P.) and the rest of GM and Ford.  Old technology  and products that only appeal to a certain age group is not the receipe for long term success. The Buell acquisition was to bring young people into the dealership.  It's not working.  Next came VROD which was never well received by our demographics, but I think was never targeted at us.  I think they have had limited success in that venture.

When we are no longer riding, who will be buying the  40's retro styled bikes?  Perhaps by that time somone other than Willie G.  will be making the styling decisions that will guide the company.   Look at Wall street's outlook on the Moco, not very rosey.

Like it or not, willing to admit it or not, we are hooked on the product.  The next generation is not!  

"A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory"

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2006, 01:49:23 PM »

i bought a ground up custom prior to buying my first factory built HD, i did htis for 2 reasons the 113" motor that was in it, but mostly because i felt the factory's idea for style on the softail line left alot to be desired, just my opinion. they obviously sell plenty of them.
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7  All

Page created in 0.191 seconds with 21 queries.