Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2005 CVO (or other Ltd. Ed.) Models?  (Read 1985 times)

rasmusmi

2005 CVO (or other Ltd. Ed.) Models?
« on: June 20, 2004, 09:45:43 AM »

Has anyone's dealer let it slip what Harley's doing with CVO or Limited Edition offerings for 2005 yet?  I know they're all supposedly "sworn to silence" on this subject (IF they know anything...sometimes Harley keeps it completely under wraps until the Annual Dealer Show in July and until Sturgis for public viewing)....but they're dying to tell you! [smiley=1syellow1.gif]

I've heard from a couple dealer's "one more year for a CVO SEEG and a new CVO SE Fatboy" combo.  I have also heard Harley's been working 24/7 to launch a Factory "Chopper" with the assembled 120" motor (which they'd only previously offered as components) with their new 6-speed tranny, to give all the Chopper outfits a run for their money.  Makes senses...Harley's too damned greedy (at the top) to sit back and let that "cash cow" walk by without trying to get their fair share....don't you think??
[smiley=nixweiss.gif]

I'd be interetsted in other opinions, takes and "rumor mills" on this subject.
Whatever they're offering, if you want one you'd better get on your dealer's list fast!

skull

• Full CVO Member
  • "Getter Dunn"
Re: 2005 CVO (or other Ltd. Ed.) Models?
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2004, 10:13:48 AM »

I think the Chopper is inevitable.  I was reading the new August American Iron and the one columnist said that they will be unvailing a totally new line of bikes at Sturgis.  I would not be surprised to see multiple choppers in a whole new line (modern day chopper, old school rigid, etc).  They are greedy and I would expect to see them compete hard for the now popular trend.  I do not blame them.  They pioneered the way for everyone else and they should reap the benefits also.  Big Dog, American Ironhorse and the others are now just mass produced factory customs, so it makes sense for the CVO line to go to market with these.

Skull

PCC

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2004, 12:29:40 PM »

There's no EFI option for the 120" motor. I don't think it will be in the SEEG. It's still an experiment with Jims and probably can't pass EPA. Hence the Racing designation.

MoChrome

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2004, 03:47:02 PM »

Looks like HD will start shipping 2005 Sportsters this week.  The rest of the 2005 lineup is supposed to be announced on July 15.

http://www.motorcyclecruiser.com/newsandupdates/hd05883/

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2004, 06:01:54 PM »

I guess we won't know for sure for a couple more weeks, but the sales manager at my dealer said there will be a CVO V-Rod for 2005.  Didn't say (and I didn't ask) if that was in addition to the Fatboy and Year 2 SEEG, but that was the first I've heard of that.  I guess that makes sense with most dealers now discounting the V-Rod.  They have to do something to generate more interest in that model.  Can't wait for July 15 to find out !

Doc

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCSE Black and Blue
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2004, 12:06:17 PM »

I wonder...will the H-D website be updated tomorrow?

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2004, 12:31:43 PM »

Not sure about the website, but chances are the dealers already have the printed sales literature, at least for the regular production models, if not CVO's.  Undoubtedly, they will be holding on to them until Friday, though.

Page created in 0.123 seconds with 21 queries.