Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All

Author Topic: Missing at Cold Idle after Fullsac Installation  (Read 7442 times)

gabhart

• Full CVO Member
    • NC

• CVO1: 2011.5 FLHTCUSE6
Re: Missing at Cold Idle after Fullsac Installation
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2011, 11:20:11 PM »

I have confirmed that the O2 sensors are in the correct position. Black for the rear and gray for the front.
Fullsac X-Pipe "B", TTS Mastertune, Rinehart Slip-ons, full LED conversion

HOGMIKE

• 1K CVO Member
  • 65 FLH 93" + others
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2011, 10:01:40 AM »

Sounds like your stock OEM tune works fine.
Process of elimination, try one of the supplied maps that came with your TTS that matches your bike closely.
If the stock idle works, and the map from Steve does not, he can supply idle settings that match your bike (or you can do it yourself). If you have any questions, let me know, I have some idle setups that work fine here (sea level to 14,000 ft)
Also, check AGAIN all connections, intake, exhaust, O2's  etc, etc.
Let us know what you find out.
 8)
HOGMIKE

Steve Cole

• Manufacturer TTS
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2011, 02:13:51 PM »

Just my guess but I think that you may have a exhaust leak, so check for that. Even though the stock calibration runs OK it may be what is causing it. The best way to check for leaks would be to get a friend to help you. Your going to need a piece of 3/8" hose about 3' long and a few bundles of rags. The hose size can be anything from 5/16 - 5/8" but I find 3/8" to work the best. Start the bike and allow to idle. Get your friend to put a bundle of rags in each hand an get behind the bike. You take the hose and put one end to your ear and use the other end to run along the pipes and connections. Once your ready have them place the rags over the muffler exits to plug them up. This creates pressure in the exhaust and you will be able to hear any leak through the hose as you pass over it. Now they will only be able to keep the exhaust plugged for 20 - 30 seconds at a time as there hands will be warming up but it's not going to hurt the bike doing it any and it will help you find any small leaks.
The Best you know, is the Best you've had........ not necessarily the Best.

gabhart

• Full CVO Member
    • NC

« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2011, 08:27:59 PM »

Fullsac has provided another map to try so I will be trying that along with looking for leaks and checking all connections. Thank you all for the tips. I will continue to post my results as I have them.

gabhart

• Full CVO Member
    • NC

« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2011, 07:20:30 PM »

Latest map has not resolved the issue. I will look for a exhaust leak as soon as I get the time.

muddypaws

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2012 FLHTCUS7

• CVO1: 2005 CVO
    • CVO2: 2009 CVO SEUC
    • CVO3: 2017 CVO LIMITED
    • Re/Max
« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2011, 08:29:30 AM »

I'm so glad mine came out OK. I sure hope you get the fix....
Bill

gabhart

• Full CVO Member
    • NC

« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2011, 10:51:31 AM »

Yup, me too. It's just my luck!

Steve Cole

• Manufacturer TTS
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2011, 03:03:41 PM »

So you live by the good old saying "if it wasn't for bad luck I would not have any at all", too.
The Best you know, is the Best you've had........ not necessarily the Best.

beechflyr

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: Flhtcuse6
« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2011, 08:37:50 PM »

Hey steve, followup on my friends' 11.5 CVO. Returned ECM to stock, no codes detected by dealer( Bartel's). They ran it for 10-20 miles, no loss of idle. Reloaded new map from fullsac ( 2.0) though steve says it's the same as the 1.75 core map. Anyway, bike runs flawlessly again. Ran great on the prior fullsac map for 3000 miles. ECM must have had some electrical fart. All is good. Thanks for your guidance through this thing.
Scott

gabhart

• Full CVO Member
    • NC

« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2011, 08:38:40 PM »

So you live by the good old saying "if it wasn't for bad luck I would not have any at all", too.

Issues like this leave me no choice.

gabhart

• Full CVO Member
    • NC

« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2011, 08:46:02 PM »

I have not been able to get a second person to help with looking for an exhaust leak but I have been able to check all connections, tightness and anything else obvious. Steve with Fullsac informed me that it would do no harm to continue riding so that's what I plan on doing until I can check for leaks and/or other suggestions come about. I will just need to warm my bike up alone so my buddy's don't give me a hard time!

I refuse to say anything negative about Fullsac since I am not blaming them but it has become difficult to suggest a product when issues exist.

Since the warm up cycle works with the stock map then why can't the stock map be duplicated for the Fullsac map?

HOGMIKE

• 1K CVO Member
  • 65 FLH 93" + others
« Reply #26 on: October 18, 2011, 10:18:26 AM »

I have not been able to get a second person to help with looking for an exhaust leak but I have been able to check all connections, tightness and anything else obvious. Steve with Fullsac informed me that it would do no harm to continue riding so that's what I plan on doing until I can check for leaks and/or other suggestions come about. I will just need to warm my bike up alone so my buddy's don't give me a hard time!

I refuse to say anything negative about Fullsac since I am not blaming them but it has become difficult to suggest a product when issues exist.

Since the warm up cycle works with the stock map then why can't the stock map be duplicated for the Fullsac map?

You already have the TTS, if you like you can use the warm up and starting tables off a near "stock" calibration, since your bike behaves fine "stock".
If you do not want/can't to do that, you can use someone local who is familiar with the software to set it up for you.
With all the bikes using this system, it seems strange that your bike is having issues. There must be something different involved.
If you read the "help" files in the TTS, maybe you can find something that will help with your starting issue.
JMHO
 8)
HOGMIKE

muddypaws

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2012 FLHTCUS7

• CVO1: 2005 CVO
    • CVO2: 2009 CVO SEUC
    • CVO3: 2017 CVO LIMITED
    • Re/Max
« Reply #27 on: October 18, 2011, 11:34:49 AM »

No chance the 02 sensors or wires are damaged. Just a thought. Also the maps from Fullsac are designed for their exhaust. Can the different mufflers be the problem? Strange problem.
Bill

gabhart

• Full CVO Member
    • NC

« Reply #28 on: October 18, 2011, 12:42:07 PM »

No chance the 02 sensors or wires are damaged. Just a thought. Also the maps from Fullsac are designed for their exhaust. Can the different mufflers be the problem? Strange problem.

Fullsac informed me that using Rinehart slip-on's would be fine with their map. A member of this site provided a map that eliminated the idle issue but it is to be used as a base map.

All I know is that I went with the Fullsac product because I have been through some crazy stuff to get a previous bike running correctly and I wanted the ease of "plug and play" this time around. With so many positive remarks how could I go wrong?

My bike hates me. It's pretty clear to me now!

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #29 on: October 18, 2011, 01:58:38 PM »

I have a good MT7 file that you can try.  PM me if interested and I'll send it to you.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All

Page created in 0.17 seconds with 21 queries.