Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Author Topic: Obtaining an Breakout??  (Read 14907 times)

ultrarider123

Re: Obtaining an Breakout??
« Reply #30 on: October 24, 2012, 02:01:22 PM »

Buddy vacationing in Myrtle Beach this week sent me this phono from MBHD.  According to what they were telling him, it was the first one to hit South Carolina.  Good looking scooter...

Z06_Pilot

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 Breakout-crimson red
    • CVO2: 2012 V-Rod/10th Anniversary edition..well it SHOULD have been a CVO!
« Reply #31 on: October 24, 2012, 04:11:07 PM »

Z06, here's the link:

http://www.vanceandhinesblog.com/fitment-carry-over-for-2013-harley-davidson-models/

thanks for the help....nice avatar by the way-right color and everything!
2013 CVO Breakout-crimson red, V/H Big Radius 2-2, Power Vision tuner, Kuryakyn swingarm plate mount
2012 10th Anniversary V-Rod, TAB slash-cut exhaust, Cobra Fi2000 Pro Tuner

Xrayman66

« Reply #32 on: November 08, 2012, 02:24:55 AM »

:cucumber:hi guys
I asked and asked for one from my local HD dealer and was told that they were all sold. I received a call yesterday saying a guy pulled out so I jumped at it. 4K down and now a long wait till November. It's going to be a long Christmas.
Brett

gmeikle

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2008 FXSTSSE2

• CVO1: 2008 FXSTSSE2 Diamond Black
« Reply #33 on: November 08, 2012, 03:09:11 AM »

$ 4K down ? Is this in the states I presume ?

The Aussie dealers wanted a similar deposit 2 months ago with no bike until January and NO guarantee of colour ( sorry "color" ) !
No illegitimi carborundum

Xrayman66

« Reply #34 on: November 08, 2012, 03:36:47 AM »

Hi,
No that was is Brisbane Australia. It was for a black , silver one which is the one I was chasing. He had a long list of potential purchasers if I wasn't interested , so I was happy to stump up the ten percent deposit. I liked the red one as well but would prefer it with a black seat. Just goes to show , that's why they make different colours and models. My buddy thinks I am mad getting rid of my cobalt blue 09 CVO springer for this one. Hope the breakouts get delivered before the Feb quoted time.
Brett

Bretto

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: FXSBSE - Red ones go faster!
    • Rockhampton HOG
« Reply #35 on: November 08, 2012, 05:58:38 AM »

Well I've still got my $1k deposit down on my Breakout. Plus have ordered the matching sissy bar pad and bags to match the brown seat.

Also RHD are now getting 3 Breakouts. One of each color. The hard candy gold was basically sold the minute they told they had a 3 bike as they also had a waiting list of buyers.
Cheers
Brett

2013 FXSBSE with ProCharger - Giddy Up!

joe.f

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #36 on: December 23, 2012, 02:05:23 PM »

I ordered a red one on 09/02/12 from Nassau County Harley Davidson (Bellmore, NY), and was originally told it would arrive by the end of November.  Well, that date has come & gone, but the dealer had received a black one.  The owner of the black bike ordered the it in August.  Anyway, new date given to me from the dealer is April/ 2013..... geezzzzz .... hopefully it will show up...

Dobeman2000

• Senior CVO Member
  • His and Hers

• CVO1: 2013 Red Breakout
    • CVO2: 2013 Gold Breakout
« Reply #37 on: December 23, 2012, 09:54:49 PM »

Hope they get yours there for the start of riding season.

I ordered a red one on 09/02/12 from Nassau County Harley Davidson (Bellmore, NY), and was originally told it would arrive by the end of November.  Well, that date has come & gone, but the dealer had received a black one.  The owner of the black bike ordered the it in August.  Anyway, new date given to me from the dealer is April/ 2013..... geezzzzz .... hopefully it will show up...

Layin the Pipe

• Drill baby drill!
  • Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 FXSBSE Hard Candy Gold Dust/Liquid Sun
« Reply #38 on: January 04, 2013, 02:29:47 AM »

For those looking in the states. If you are looking for a gold breakout try Barnett Harley in El Paso, TX. They should be getting the one I backed out of in April, no idea if anyone has put a deposit down yet. Whiskey River Harley in Texarkana, TX claims they will have silver and black in February and no deposit down yet as of Jan 1. 
You may all go to hell and I will go to Texas! - Davy Crockett

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Are You Valley Experienced?
« Reply #39 on: January 04, 2013, 08:09:30 AM »

Looking forward to seeing one...

clubhes

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 FXSBSE Breakout, Hard Candy Gold Dust / Liquid Sun
« Reply #40 on: January 30, 2013, 02:07:04 PM »

Searched all over for the Gold Dust / Liquid Sun. Dealers around the Tn area said they were selling up to $3500 over. Finally found mine in Beaver Dam WI. Michlers HD. I had a great experience with Michlers, I told them over the phone I would take take it, (obviously sight unseen) and with-out a deposit, they put a sold sign on it, and held it until I could get there 3 days later. It was sold to me for list price, no fees whatsoever! It was well worth the 1400 mile round trip to pick it up. The trip was a blast, we really enjoyed stopping by the museum.

Here is a pic of the first time on the bike.

ultrarider123

« Reply #41 on: January 30, 2013, 02:30:31 PM »

Searched all over for the Gold Dust / Liquid Sun. Dealers around the Tn area said they were selling up to $3500 over. Finally found mine in Beaver Dam WI. Michlers HD. I had a great experience with Michlers, I told them over the phone I would take take it, (obviously sight unseen) and with-out a deposit, they put a sold sign on it, and held it until I could get there 3 days later. It was sold to me for list price, no fees whatsoever! It was well worth the 1400 mile round trip to pick it up. The trip was a blast, we really enjoyed stopping by the museum.

Glad for your great find but sad none of our Tennessee dealers could work with you on that.  As it's none of my business but did you try Smoky Mountain HD in Maryville?  Scott doesn't normally mark up his bikes over list (at least what I have seen).

At least you did get a great looking bike and a good trip out of it with a museum visit.

Z06_Pilot

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #42 on: January 30, 2013, 02:35:35 PM »

Here is a pic of the first time on the bike.

Excellent!  It's fun to have a road trip to pick up a bike.  I am the same as you.  I would drive pretty much as far as I needed to avoid paying over MSRP-it's a principal issue for me.  i was very lucky in that my local dealer is family owned and they are good folks.  They never sell a bike below MSRP, but they never sell one for more either, even CVO's.  

It is just a fantastic bike in every way....you are going to love it...

BTW, I am originally from Memphis and when I'm back I always stop by one or more of the Bumpus dealerships.....they have some steep above MSRP pricing as well...
2013 CVO Breakout-crimson red, V/H Big Radius 2-2, Power Vision tuner, Kuryakyn swingarm plate mount

Z06_Pilot

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #43 on: January 30, 2013, 02:37:08 PM »

Glad for your great find but sad none of our Tennessee dealers could work with you on that.  As it's none of my business but did you try Smoky Mountain HD in Maryville?  Scott doesn't normally mark up his bikes over list (at least what I have seen).

At least you did get a great looking bike and a good trip out of it with a museum visit.

I was riding the Dragon last September for the first time and stopped into the Maryville dealer a couple of times.  I needed a couple of adjustments to my V-Rod and the folks there helped me out at no charge.

That is a massive complex they have there....that's a serious party barn they have!

Nicky Pass

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #44 on: January 30, 2013, 03:33:32 PM »

I had to search for my Black and Silver.....a "kind of local" dealer had one for sale.....I missed out on ordering one.  Phantom Harley in Manteno had one and I didn't pay over sticker....

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Page created in 0.178 seconds with 21 queries.