CVO Technical > Wheels/Tires/Suspension/Brakes

Brake Pad Suggestions

(1/4) > >>

MoChrome:
It appears that after my "out west" trip, which included a substantial amount of spirited riding in the mountains, that I need to replace my front and rear brake pads. Are there aftermarket pads that work as well or better than the HD pads? Are there any warranty issues to be concerned with should I change to aftermarket pads? Thanks in advance for comments and suggestions :)

mr_magoo:
Don't know of any warranty issues with using some pads other than HD.  I just put EBC kevalar pads on the rear of my SEEG have about 1000 miles on them they seem good so far.

MGB:
Just got around 1900 miles on my new orange SEEGlide. Noticed real quick a huge amount of brake dust from the rear brake pads. The dealer says that normal. I know that the orange color will show it more but seems a $30k bike shouldn't be plagued with this kind of problem. Anyone else with brake dust problems and what solutions?

mr_magoo:
Have the same problem, I think some of it is dirt and road film but the ass of the bike is always dirty.

DW6019:
The dust on the rear of the bike is Brake Dust. It is very abrasive, it will not wash off with water & soap. You need a product like Eagle 1 A to Z to safely dislodge the dust from the pores of the tire & wheel (note: watch the brown rust run out of the tire the first time you clean it correctly). After removing the dust correctly, replace your pads with DP918's and visible dust is gone. But continue to use A to Z every wash on tires, wheels, brake rotor and caliper. You will be amazed the ease involved and how clean your tires are.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version