Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: Compensaver Oil Tray  (Read 8576 times)

Wenk

• Don't like my driving?? Don't try to follow me....
Compensaver Oil Tray
« on: December 17, 2013, 12:52:43 AM »

I recently had to replace/upgrade compensator to the latest 2014,  2 part/3part system. Compensator, Rotor and separate (required) Adhesive Install Kit.
Will that Oil tray that bolts in and directs oil down to center of compensator, from your Compensaver kit,  Bolt in with the newest compensator?
The little glue in piece might be ok, but getting more oil to can't hurt
2008 FLHTCUI 105th Anniversary
Modified SE CVO 110 kit
113"/10.5:1cr Mahale's
Genessis 577 cams
SE Heavy Breather AC
PowerVision Tuner
Dragula 2:1/2.55 baffles
Timken upgrade
True, Balance and Weld Crank
SE Cam Plate /with oil pump
SE Oil cooler
SE Hi Flow 58mm TB

INDEPENDENT_1

• Superior Performance
  • Vendor
  • Senior CVO Member
  • independentmcshop.com
    • independentmcshop.com
Re: Compensaver Oil Tray
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2013, 10:26:54 AM »

I believe Steve at GMR had to modify the tray for the new style comps. I think he is sending one up here for me to try out. If you contact him I'm sure he is best prepared to answer your questions. I wanted a new black outer primary cover also and used the new design as an excuse to buy a black cover. The new cover has the SE type trough cast into the inside of the outer primary cover so no need to glue theirs in but I agree with you, more is better in this application. I am hoping that with the compensaver tray, I can switch over to ATF for primary fluid to make the clutch hook hard and make shifting and finding neutral buttery.
Specializing in American V-Twin and Authorized Factory Pro 4 Gas Dyno Tuning!

independentmcshop.com

GMR-PERFORMANCE

• Vendor
  • 1K CVO Member
    • TX

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2013, 11:13:55 AM »

Yes we did a mod to the tray to work with the new 14 comp and it has proven to be a extremely easy install. It might take 15 minutes from start to finish. The new comp will get oil into the bearing area however the idea that oil will go completely though the extension shaft and sling oil onto the spokes is hilarious. The tray will flood the comp sprocket with oil. We have been testing this since the new 14 comp cam out. The upside is that ATF works very well which is a bonus as it works great for the clutch pack and will reduce slip if the clutch set up is marginal for the power its making.

James yours is sitting on my desk  ;) I will try to ship it today.
2012 SHARK  S&S 124 150/140   www.gmrperformance.com

INDEPENDENT_1

• Superior Performance
  • Vendor
  • Senior CVO Member
  • independentmcshop.com
    • independentmcshop.com
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2013, 11:20:45 AM »

No prob, Steve! Many thanks! Beggers can't be choosers, eh? Just looking forward to the ATF switch. I'm running all red springs right now on my Evolution Industries 49 tooth Diamond Terminator behind my 124". I had just a touch of slip when I altered red and blue springs running Formula +. Switching to ATF is going to be really nice but if I can go back to the lighter clutch springs and still hook that is going to be really nice! I look forward to trying it out. Whatever the case I'm sure the comp is going to love what the tray is going to do for it.
Specializing in American V-Twin and Authorized Factory Pro 4 Gas Dyno Tuning!

independentmcshop.com

Wenk

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2013, 11:30:07 AM »

Sweet Steve do you plan to make a hand full for sale off shelf or on a as need demands and about how much $.
 Might have to wait on TB
Can you use Syn ATF ?
Amsoil?
« Last Edit: December 17, 2013, 11:37:31 AM by Wenk »
Modified SE CVO 110 kit
Genessis 577 cams
SE Heavy Breather AC
PowerVision Tuner
Timken upgrade
SE Oil cooler
SE Hi Flow 58mm TB

GMR-PERFORMANCE

• Vendor
  • 1K CVO Member
    • TX

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2013, 08:19:57 AM »

Yes we are doing a few trays. At this point it is a modded tray from the complete kit. Cost is 119 + shipping. Its not on the web site at this point.  Here is a pic of the new bearing surface. It is not galling like the older version, however you can see metal in the oil. That is coming from the spokes. As the new design is not getting enough oil to the spokes. The tray redirects all the oil off the chain to the spokes simple and easy. This new set up from HD does work better but they are not flooding enough ( any) oil onto the spokes. More pressure a groove that is to hold oil wider ramps. Its a deal where time/ mileage will show the weak areas.

« Last Edit: December 18, 2013, 08:29:03 AM by GMR-PERFORMANCE »

GMR-PERFORMANCE

• Vendor
  • 1K CVO Member
    • TX

« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2013, 08:21:28 AM »

another pic of the stock retainer again full of metal.. This is under 2000 miles.  

CVO2FIXUP

• 1K CVO Member
  • Canada Eh!!!
    • ON

• CVO1: 2010 CVO Ultra Classic Riptide Blue.
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2013, 09:40:21 AM »

I recently had to replace/upgrade compensator to the latest 2014,  2 part/3part system. Compensator, Rotor and separate (required) Adhesive Install Kit.
Will that Oil tray that bolts in and directs oil down to center of compensator, from your Compensaver kit,  Bolt in with the newest compensator?
The little glue in piece might be ok, but getting more oil to can't hurt

Sorry, I am interested in this thread but have no idea what you are talking about!! Are you talking about that plastic glue in piece that comes with the new 2014 compensator. Or this "tray" something completely different, and does this "tray" mount some place ells to increase oil flow to the comp?  Thanx for the clarification.
I may be a head of cabbage, but I am ahead of you!!

Wenk

« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2013, 10:49:19 AM »

Thanks Steve I will call you later to get 1 sent out to me.
Can you use Amsoil ATF for the primary  or would you recommend something else.
Modified SE CVO 110 kit
Genessis 577 cams
SE Heavy Breather AC
PowerVision Tuner
Timken upgrade
SE Oil cooler
SE Hi Flow 58mm TB

GMR-PERFORMANCE

• Vendor
  • 1K CVO Member
    • TX

« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2013, 10:53:43 AM »

We use the amsoil and B&M trick shift.. We sell a ton of amsoil it is very popular here in TX. I was shocked as it was not a big seller in AZ but here everyone wants it.

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2013, 11:44:53 AM »

Sorry, I am interested in this thread but have no idea what you are talking about!! Are you talking about that plastic glue in piece that comes with the new 2014 compensator. Or this "tray" something completely different, and does this "tray" mount some place ells to increase oil flow to the comp?  Thanx for the clarification.

The Compensaver is an aftermarket product that came out before Harley's latest attempt to "fix" the stock compensator design.  Instead of a glued in plastic tray, it has a bolted in part that directs oil to the compensator.  Try a search for "compensaver" and you should be able to pull up threads and photo's.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

GMR-PERFORMANCE

• Vendor
  • 1K CVO Member
    • TX

« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2013, 01:21:32 PM »

http://www.gmrperformance.com/compensaver/

That tray you see is what we alter. The snout is removed and then we weld the feed passage up. That is the only change that we have to do as the tray feed both the sprocket spokes and the oil pump.

To be Clear that kit will not work with the new style comp so please do not order it . We will alter the site page to show the tray only and price it.   
« Last Edit: December 18, 2013, 01:24:18 PM by GMR-PERFORMANCE »

Hog95023

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2013, 08:44:19 PM »

:2vrolijk_21:
We use the amsoil and B&M trick shift.. We sell a ton of amsoil it is very popular here in TX. I was shocked as it was not a big seller in AZ but here everyone wants it.
where can a guy get te trick shift? I'm running ATF with the evo industries clutch and never heard of the stuff until I read the install paperwork.

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2013, 08:51:09 PM »

:2vrolijk_21: where can a guy get te trick shift? I'm running ATF with the evo industries clutch and never heard of the stuff until I read the install paperwork.

Summit Racing, JEGS, Auto Zone, Advance Auto Parts, Amazon, B&M Racing, etc.  In other words, at most auto parts stores and performance shops.

Jerry

Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Sprintkid

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 CVO Road Glide Ultra
« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2013, 09:13:45 PM »

Just playing catch up guys. I just got the very latest comp installed today at dealership. I have an 11 flhtruse with 25,000 on the clock. Is this something I need to look into? Thanks and great to be a part of this forum . Be safe all.
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.415 seconds with 22 queries.