Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: The Mo Co could take a few lessons from these guys.  (Read 5684 times)

deldago

• Elite CVO Member
    • OH

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE2
T-MAN 117 kit

phato1

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011.5 FLHTCUSE6 - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2001 FLSTFI - non CVO, but really cool
Re: The Mo Co could take a few lessons from these guys.
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2014, 11:02:09 AM »

It is surely one sweet looking ride, and with the 120R in it I imagine it goes as good as it looks.  :2vrolijk_21:
"The solutions are all simple....after you have arrived at them."     - Robert M. Pirsig

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2014, 11:20:41 AM »

It's on eBay (2013 SCREAMIN EAGLE ROAD KING CVO **EASYRIDER WINNER** BEST OF THE BEST!!) for anyone interested in purchasing it for a BIN price of $64,895.00.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

deldago

• Elite CVO Member
    • OH

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2014, 11:31:32 AM »

It's on eBay (2013 SCREAMIN EAGLE ROAD KING CVO **EASYRIDER WINNER** BEST OF THE BEST!!) for anyone interested in purchasing it for a BIN price of $64,895.00.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
Wow, I knew if I had to ask how much I couldn't afford it!
T-MAN 117 kit

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2014, 11:53:00 AM »

Reminds me too much of an Arlen Ness bike, like the Vision that most people on this site bash every time the subject of Victory motorcycles comes up.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2014, 03:31:34 PM »

Reminds me too much of an Arlen Ness bike, like the Vision that most people on this site bash every time the subject of Victory motorcycles comes up.

Jerry
Just saw one of those yesterday up at the bike show in Cleveland. Nice looking bike but still not for me.
PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

LC110

• Elite CVO Member
    • WI

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3 Stardust Silver / Titanium Dust 1of 1344
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2014, 05:45:47 PM »

I would really like to see that primary setup on my bike.
Spending time learning the science of the mechanisms of friction, lubrication, and wear of interacting surfaces that are in relative motion
Razorback Performance Built & Tuned 113@ 122.59 HP/139.30 TQ

skippy

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2014, 07:00:21 PM »

I have been in this shop quite a few times they build some neat bikes  the  mastermind builder is a nice guy  he had a shop in Concord NC..  The owner of this shop and fat mike the sales person that does not know a Vance @ Hines pipe from a stock pipe is a  real     well i will be nice  I was in there shop a few times over the holiday I had a friend with me looking for a bike that was and is able to buy any bike they had in stock  the owner and fat mike did not acknowledge us at all and he recognized me ,after 30 minutes we left the shop and my buddy is spending his money at a different shop ....  I wish they were  people friendly I would do  some business with them  I did notice that they sell most all their bikes on the internet....

Phantom309

• 2014 Ultra Limited
  • Elite CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG- light/dark Candy Cherry-sold
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2014, 02:57:25 AM »

They're crazy, I wouldn't even consider giving them HALF of what they want for that bike. Sorry, but it does nothing for me ... especially at that price.
2014 Ultra Limited*Daytona Blue Pearl
MODS
V&H 2-1 Pro Pipe
V&H FP3 Fuelpak

RayG

• "What the hell was I thinking?"
  • Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 FLHRSE4
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2014, 11:56:40 AM »

It's a darn shame there is so much emphasis on show bikes that win trophies but can't take a simple corner without dragging or scrapping something.  I like a simple well performing bike that can be ridden hard and can pile on the miles.  What's the fun if someone on a moped out corners you time after time.  Maybe I'm just to darn old, but give me something that excites me going in and out of corners and doesn't loosen my fillings.  Can you imagine if all that effort that goes into building a bike that just looks good standing still was directed into a bike that has the suspension, brakes, dependability and performance that would excite drivers of all levels.  Everytime I see one of these or hear someone say I want to lower my bike to look cool makes me even more seclusive than I already am.  I don't judge people but I don't need the clothing, tattoos and live the cut out MOCO life style to enjoy my time on the open road.  To each their own I guess, just because I have different ideas doesn't mean I'm right.  According to what sells and takes up space in Cycle Rags I just find myself going against the grain.       

deldago

• Elite CVO Member
    • OH

« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2014, 12:35:38 PM »

I really don't agree with the price, way out of what I could ever justify spending on a bike. But if you look at the specs this looks like it would be a great driver. The front wheel is only 26", which is pretty normal now and every effort has been made to correct the geometry. This bike doesn't sit any lower than many bikes on here that are driven daily such as Mike's orange beauty. Not trying to defend anything just saying this bike looks very ride able even on the twisties.
T-MAN 117 kit

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2014, 12:48:15 PM »

The front wheel is only 26", which is pretty normal now and every effort has been made to correct the geometry.

Normal for who?
A custom bike builder maybe.
"Normal" is something found on a production bike.
Look at a new Harley, Indian, Honda, Moto Guzzi, Yamaha, Kawasaki, Suzuki, Triumph, KTM, Buell, Victory, Royal Enfield and none of them have a 26" front wheel. Big wheel dressers have taken the place of choppers but that doesn't make them normal. (except on the show circuit)

SBB

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

deldago

• Elite CVO Member
    • OH

« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2014, 04:13:08 PM »

It may not be "production" normal, but at bike week, Sturgis or anywhere else bikes gather it is pretty common to see 26" tires on bikes that have been ridden long distances to get there, not trailer queen show bikes. Isn't it usually the aftermarket that starts trends the MOCO soon follows? I imagine if you said a production Harley would come with a 19" front wheel or a 240 rear tire 10 years ago you would have been looked at as crazy. We may never see a 26 on the front but I wouldn't be surprised to see a 23 in the future. Back to the bike, I would be willing to bet it is very capable of being ridden long distances and fast in the curves.
T-MAN 117 kit

jcd520

« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2014, 11:46:33 AM »

It's a darn shame there is so much emphasis on show bikes that win trophies but can't take a simple corner without dragging or scrapping something.  I like a simple well performing bike that can be ridden hard and can pile on the miles.  What's the fun if someone on a moped out corners you time after time.  Maybe I'm just to darn old, but give me something that excites me going in and out of corners and doesn't loosen my fillings.  Can you imagine if all that effort that goes into building a bike that just looks good standing still was directed into a bike that has the suspension, brakes, dependability and performance that would excite drivers of all levels.  Everytime I see one of these or hear someone say I want to lower my bike to look cool makes me even more seclusive than I already am.  I don't judge people but I don't need the clothing, tattoos and live the cut out MOCO life style to enjoy my time on the open road.  To each their own I guess, just because I have different ideas doesn't mean I'm right.  According to what sells and takes up space in Cycle Rags I just find myself going against the grain.     

AMEN----AMEN-----AMEN!!!!!!!!

LARK

« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2014, 03:41:32 PM »

Jerry

I'd have to agree. It reeks of 90's Arlen Ness.
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.169 seconds with 20 queries.