Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [All]

Author Topic: Rush headers/exhaust any good?  (Read 7423 times)

mnrider

• Full CVO Member
    • CO

• CVO1: 2014 CVO limited stardust silver and autumn sunset. Rinehart Slimline headers and slipons, SE extreme ventilator intake.
Rush headers/exhaust any good?
« on: March 01, 2014, 02:48:13 AM »

The dealer by my house is pushing a set of headers and pipes made by Rush for $599. I don't know anything about Rush brand good or bad. The low price puts up some flags for me. Does any one know about Rush?

TorqueInc

• Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. Mark Twain
  • Vendor
  • Senior CVO Member
Re: Rush headers/exhaust any good?
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2014, 07:00:39 AM »

What rush system is it ?

The standard 2-1 is a POS

Look below....Dragos bike works sells a pipe made by the same company that makes Rush and he can set you straight
2011 SG Sedona Orange 105" 125/123

www.jwperf.com

screaminCVO

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2014 Ultra Limited CVO Maroon / Burgundy
    • CVO2: 2013 Road Glide orange / grey
    • CVO3: 2003 Ultra with sidecar silver/black
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2014, 01:35:32 PM »

Just got the "Ride like a Pro" vid. He pushes the Rush mufflers on there.

mnrider

• Full CVO Member
    • CO

• CVO1: 2014 CVO limited stardust silver and autumn sunset. Rinehart Slimline headers and slipons, SE extreme ventilator intake.
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2014, 01:43:20 PM »

What rush system is it ?

The standard 2-1 is a POS

Look below....Dragos bike works sells a pipe made by the same company that makes Rush and he can set you straight

It is the new 2 into 1 into 2 set that came out this year. I'm just thinking how good could it be for half the price as the rest out there. I'm a you get what you pay for kind of guy. My dealer just will not stop talking about them. It makes me think they are getting kick backs for selling them or they have a very large mark up on them. I don't know how you can have a large mark up on a $600 set of headers and pipes but who knows.

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2014, 02:36:01 PM »

It is the new 2 into 1 into 2 set that came out this year. I'm just thinking how good could it be for half the price as the rest out there. I'm a you get what you pay for kind of guy. My dealer just will not stop talking about them. It makes me think they are getting kick backs for selling them or they have a very large mark up on them. I don't know how you can have a large mark up on a $600 set of headers and pipes but who knows.

That's one way of looking at it, but I've had more than one experience in my life where the high priced choice turned out to be the worst choice.  Btw, the markup in Harley exhaust systems is huge, so there is a lot of room for discounting while still making plenty of profit.  The system you're talking about uses your existing crossover pipe and heat shields.  That alone would account for some of the pricing disparity when compared to systems that don't reuse some of the stock parts.

I don't have any experience with the Rush products other than to look some over at a dealer open house a few years back (the guys from Rush were there with samples and a couple bikes with their parts installed, they're located here in NW Indiana).  What I saw looked to be very similar to what all the other companies were putting out in terms of design, fit, and finish, but only real world experience will tell you if the long term reliability is up to par.  I have heard some feedback that certain mufflers had bluing problems a couple years ago but haven't seen anything else either good or bad.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2014, 02:45:38 PM »

That's one way of looking at it, but I've had more than one experience in my life where the high priced choice turned out to be the worst choice.  Btw, the markup in Harley exhaust systems accessories is huge, so there is a lot of room for discounting while still making plenty of profit.  The system you're talking about uses your existing crossover pipe and heat shields.  That alone would account for some of the pricing disparity when compared to systems that don't reuse some of the stock parts.

I don't have any experience with the Rush products other than to look some over at a dealer open house a few years back (the guys from Rush were there with samples and a couple bikes with their parts installed, they're located here in NW Indiana).  What I saw looked to be very similar to what all the other companies were putting out in terms of design, fit, and finish, but only real world experience will tell you if the long term reliability is up to par.  I have heard some feedback that certain mufflers had bluing problems a couple years ago but haven't seen anything else either good or bad.

Jerry
Jerry fixed your post to be more realistic see struck through text and red above. ;) ;D

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2014, 02:55:32 PM »

Jerry fixed your post to be more realistic see struck through text and red above. ;) ;D

Ride Safe,
Fired00d

;D  OK 'd00d, but if we want to get REALLY accurate we could just say anything from Harley or sold by anyone to be used on a Harley is overpriced by definition.  Probably not worse than many other products, like boats and RV's, but it's true regardless.

Jerry ;)
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2014, 03:00:43 PM »

;D  OK 'd00d, but if we want to get REALLY accurate we could just say anything from Harley or sold by anyone to be used on a Harley is overpriced by definition.  Probably not worse than many other products, like boats and RV's, but it's true regardless.

Jerry ;)
Agreed. :2vrolijk_21:... sadly :bigcry:

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

CowboyBagger

• 1K CVO Member
  • Standing on the Corner!
    • AZ

• CVO1: FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
    • CVO2: FLTRKSEANV Heritage paint
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2014, 06:37:54 PM »

I've got Frank Drago's 2 into 1 pipe, which is made by Rush to Frank's specifications.  The quality and performance are both excellent.  They are fairly loud, if you want less noise, I'd look at Fullsac DX pipe with Kury Crusher Mellows or Fullsac cores.

Cowboy
From an ocean tide, to an 8 second ride! Life is a ride, so make it a good one.

mnrider

• Full CVO Member
    • CO

« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2014, 06:41:48 PM »

I've got Frank Drago's 2 into 1 pipe, which is made by Rush to Frank's specifications.  The quality and performance are both excellent.  They are fairly loud, if you want less noise, I'd look at Fullsac DX pipe with Kury Crusher Mellows or Fullsac cores.

Cowboy

Thanks for the info.

harleymojoman

« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2014, 11:33:32 PM »

I've had RUSH Systems on my last 3 Bikes. Just added the Rush Ceramic True Duals and Slip ons to my 2014. Very nice and no heat with the dual coated ceramic coatings. Another plus with RUSH, they have removable baffles so you can change sizes easily and quickly. They also guarantee their chrome plating for a full year as opposed to some others 90 day warranty. The manufacture with thicker gauge steel as well. . . . .  just sayin :)

mnrider

• Full CVO Member
    • CO

« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2014, 01:54:32 AM »

I've had RUSH Systems on my last 3 Bikes. Just added the Rush Ceramic True Duals and Slip ons to my 2014. Very nice and no heat with the dual coated ceramic coatings. Another plus with RUSH, they have removable baffles so you can change sizes easily and quickly. They also guarantee their chrome plating for a full year as opposed to some others 90 day warranty. The manufacture with thicker gauge steel as well. . . . .  just sayin :)

What did you end up spending on the set up?

harleymojoman

« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2014, 11:07:08 PM »

I bought mine at my HD dealer and also had them put them on along with a SE air cleaner and SEPT. I'm also in a program at my dealer called MVP which gets me 15% discount. The 15 series Rush Slip Ons with '2 baffles were $360 and the ceramic True Duals were about $476. Labor was extra. They made a huge difference in performance.

mnrider

• Full CVO Member
    • CO

« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2014, 11:50:30 PM »

Awesome to know. I have a MVP discount as well and get 15% off parts so I should end up about the same. Thanks.

Big Dog

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2014, 01:29:40 AM »

I just took off my Rush True Duals and Rhineharts to go to a Fat Cat 2:1 to better match my new cams . Nothing wrong with the Rush, found to be good quality, only used them last year but you do what you have to so as to maximize power/torque. I think the Rush and S&S pipe are the same also.
Randy D
Kristie D, Angel on my shoulders, October 10, 1973-April 16, 2009

JakeB

• Full CVO Member
    • WA

• CVO1: 2014 SERK
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2014, 10:01:43 AM »

I had rush duals and rush slip on mufflers on my 2008 road king.  I liked them.  Craftsmanship, fit, etc. were good.  Sound was great (the mufflers have interchangable baffles, larger baffle = more noise). And they make the mufflers where you can buy interchangeble tips.
Jake

mnrider

• Full CVO Member
    • CO

« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2014, 01:41:28 PM »

It's a tossup right now between the rush ceramic coated headers and the S&S headers. What ever one I go with would I would use their exhaust mufflers. I can't see a difference in the two except price.

TorqueInc

• Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. Mark Twain
  • Vendor
  • Senior CVO Member
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2014, 06:09:09 AM »

Contact Frank Drago for a killer price on his version of RUSH's system
2011 SG Sedona Orange 105" 125/123

www.jwperf.com

cleanimages

• CVO1: 2013 Road King CVO
« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2014, 07:42:26 PM »

I have rush ceramic on my 13 road king with CFR slip ons. Sounds awesome!  Couldn't be happier. Most who have seen and hears agree
Pages: 1 2 [All]

Page created in 0.585 seconds with 21 queries.