Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Author Topic: True Duals vs Slip On Mufflers  (Read 8496 times)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
Re: True Duals vs Slip On Mufflers
« Reply #45 on: January 05, 2007, 02:13:08 PM »

[smiley=pepper.gif]Well I did it!  Enough with the over analyzing every possible aspect and scenario.  I finally threw up my hands and decided to order the Rinehart slip-ons.  If, in the summer time I decide I need to run TD's to keep from burning my butt off, then I'll add the V&H TDs.

The slip-ons should be here Wednesday and if I'm finally over the flu by then will have them on my SERK by Wednesday evening.  I'll take a picture and even see if I can record a sound bite and attach it.

Okay, now that it's a done deal, [highlight]it's time for everyone to start coming out of the woodwork telling me "what I should have done instead[/highlight]".

By the way, I bought them at Cycle Spot at 20% off, no tax, & free shipping if anyone is interested. [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

RBM, you know what you should have done? Exactly what you did. You can't pick the wrong ones if you like them and the way they sound! ;) Hoist!
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

rbmntx

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #46 on: January 05, 2007, 02:43:11 PM »

What was the total co$t??

The list price is the same as everywhere else, $524.95 but, if you register on their website and order them on line they are $419.41.  Registration is free, anything over $250 is shipped free and unless you live in AZ, it will likely be tax free.

some days you gets da bear, other days da bear gets you...

SilverDawg

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #47 on: January 05, 2007, 11:03:19 PM »

rbmntx,

Hey congrats on the decision. [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]  We will definitely need to hook up as I would love to hear what they (slip ons) sound like.  May be the way I end up going as well.

Hope you are getting over the flu.  It's going around these here parts very aggressively.
2008 FLHTCU Candy Red Sunglo -ABS/Security/SERT/V&H ovals
2008 FXCWC - Pacific Blue Pearl Deluxe-SOLD

The poster formally known as Cobaltman...

"As I grow older, I pay less attention to what men say.  I just watch what they do." - Andrew Carnegie

rbmntx

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #48 on: January 06, 2007, 02:33:46 PM »

Thanx CBMan.  I see where you are considering V & H.  If you get them we'll have to hook up to compare the two.  

As for getting over the flu..., it's slow but I'm making progress.  I took my girlfriend to the airport this morning and even though it's 48 degrees outside I was seeing all kinds of bikes out.  Made me real jeolous.  I was going to try to take a quick ride but decided that with the dizziness I'm still having from my inner ear problems, it wouldn't be a good idea.  Maybe tomorrow.  (sigh)

rbmntx

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #49 on: January 11, 2007, 11:10:19 PM »

The guy in the brown truck brought my RH slip ons yesterday afternoon.  Naturally, I had to put them on last night.  First impression is they look damn good.  Really good chrome and the black tips really stand out on the Black Ice SERK.

I haven't ridden it yet but, keeping in mind that I was in the garage with the door closed, I cranked it up and HOLY CRAP those puppies are loud..., but nice and deep.  I'm sure some of it was echoing off the garage walls but they seem to be a lot louder than my old Screamin' Eagle one piece slip ons.  I think I would equate the sound to Thunderheaders.  I'm going to try to take it out at least for a ride around the block before the nasty weather hits here this weekend.  Pictures to follow.

SilverDawg

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #50 on: January 12, 2007, 08:38:08 AM »

rbmntx,

Congrats on the RH's [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]  You definitely need to post a pic or two so I can check it out.  How 'bout a video with some sound [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]

Looks like our DFW weather is going to get real crappy for the next 4-5 days.  I'll be in Japan so I get to miss it ;D

Are you considering joining the Hot Springs Rally?  We could cruise up together if you decide to go.
2008 FLHTCU Candy Red Sunglo -ABS/Security/SERT/V&H ovals
2008 FXCWC - Pacific Blue Pearl Deluxe-SOLD

The poster formally known as Cobaltman...

"As I grow older, I pay less attention to what men say.  I just watch what they do." - Andrew Carnegie

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #51 on: January 12, 2007, 12:01:49 PM »

The guy in the brown truck brought my RH slip ons yesterday afternoon.  Naturally, I had to put them on last night.  First impression is they look damn good.  Really good chrome and the black tips really stand out on the Black Ice SERK.

I haven't ridden it yet but, keeping in mind that I was in the garage with the door closed, I cranked it up and HOLY CRAP those puppies are loud..., but nice and deep.  I'm sure some of it was echoing off the garage walls but they seem to be a lot louder than my old Screamin' Eagle one piece slip ons.  I think I would equate the sound to Thunderheaders.  I'm going to try to take it out at least for a ride around the block before the nasty weather hits here this weekend.  Pictures to follow.

Glad you're happy with the RH's...it's that 110 that's making it hit such a hard lick at idle   [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]  At cruising speeds, they're not bad, but when you twist, they'll talk to you...let us know what you think after you take the ride!!
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

rbmntx

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #52 on: January 13, 2007, 12:18:50 PM »

[smiley=huepfenlol2.gif] A guy just can't catch a break.  I'd love to get out for a ride to see how I like the RH's but the weather just won't cooperate.  Now we have an ice storm forecast through Monday.  Sheesh!  

kojak

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #53 on: January 13, 2007, 01:36:28 PM »

Raining all weekend in Maryland, but I get to go to the International Motorcycle Show at the DC Convention center :)
kojak
2022 CVO RGL
2022 Apex FLTRK Traded
2021 CVO Limited Bronze Armor Sold
2019 RGS Billiard Blue Traded
2017 CVO Limited Spiked Olive Traded
2016 CVO SG Stardust Traded
2013 CVO RG Atomic Orange Sold
2010 CVO SG Cobalt Sold
2007 CVO RK Blue Traded
2005 CVO EG Teal Traded
And some 20 other bikes over 45 years

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #54 on: January 13, 2007, 01:39:10 PM »

Raining all weekend in Maryland, but I get to go to the International Motorcycle Show at the DC Convention center :)
Gets some pictures for us if you can. [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] I'm sure there will be all kinds of new stuff for our bikes there.

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]

:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

kojak

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #55 on: January 14, 2007, 06:17:33 PM »

Dood, Saw Dennis Manning and his speed rocket there. Nice guy, he was mobbed and taking the time to chat to everyone he could. HD had a big show area big about a dozen bikes including a orange/black ice SEUC and a cobalt blue SERK(it was definitely the bike everyone wanted to sit on). DC Cruisers had some friendly biker beauties hanging around working the tip jar! [smiley=drink.gif]
kojak
2022 CVO RGL
2022 Apex FLTRK Traded
2010 CVO SG Cobalt Sold
2007 CVO RK Blue Traded
2005 CVO EG Teal Traded

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #56 on: January 14, 2007, 06:23:21 PM »

...... DC Cruisers had some friendly biker beauties hanging around working the tip jar! [smiley=drink.gif]
You didn't bring me any pictures to take to the hospital with me tomorrow for inspiration to get thru therapy? :o ;D

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]
« Last Edit: January 14, 2007, 06:24:28 PM by flhtcse2004 »
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

kojak

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #57 on: January 15, 2007, 08:11:05 PM »

I got an autographed biker beauties magazine! Its yours ;D
kojak
2022 CVO RGL
2022 Apex FLTRK Traded
2010 CVO SG Cobalt Sold
2007 CVO RK Blue Traded
2005 CVO EG Teal Traded
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Page created in 0.202 seconds with 21 queries.