Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: Too old for a sport bike?  (Read 10060 times)

skycat

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com

• CVO1: Silver/Black 2015 Street Glide.
Re: Too old for a sport bike?
« Reply #30 on: November 04, 2015, 05:20:50 PM »

Well i guess it depends on your fitness and skill level, i am 60 and love my Buell 1125R its such a hoot and so much fun to ride, parts are cheap for the moment.
Changed the top clamp for the CR and run the later CR bars, 180kg and 156hp at the wheel she is not stock  :2vrolijk_21: hey and if you enjoy playing around with your own maintenance you would enjoy it. 
2015 CVO Street Glide, not as good as it should be, Working on that it just needs time, like a good wine.
2010 Buell 1125R, my favorite blaster.
2003 Harley FXDL 100th Anniversary, a little gem.
1975 Suzuki RE5 Rotary 1200km as new.
2012 Suzuki GSX1250FA the perfect Hack. Awesome Bike

Bav

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2018 CVO Road Glide Custom
Too old for a sport bike?
« Reply #31 on: November 04, 2015, 05:27:59 PM »

I keep thinking about selling my ZZR1400 (ZX14R to those over the pond) as I don't ride it much after getting the SERK. Trouble is every time I do go out on it I am reminded how much fun it is. I'm 52 and do get a few aches and pains especially on a long run but it's still worth it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: November 04, 2015, 05:33:02 PM by Bav »
Using Tapatalk

Vyscera

• Angsty Youth
  • Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FXDFSE2- Taken out by a Ford
    • CVO2: 2012 FLHXSE3
« Reply #32 on: November 04, 2015, 06:55:37 PM »

I love the 1125R, but having just worked a parts counter for a HD\Buell dealer I can say that parts for it are going to get harder and harder to find. Short production, then discontinued. I don't know how Buell racing is handling parts, or what might be usable from the newer bikes. They run beautifully when taken care of and are some of the best engineered bikes I've seen. Ive got a sales training booklet from when they came out.  Plus you can order stuff from most HD dealers making it a one stop shop. I'd still get one.
Motorbreath is how I live my life, I cant take it any other way...

RayG

• "What the hell was I thinking?"
  • Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 FLHRSE4
« Reply #33 on: November 06, 2015, 11:49:48 AM »

Well I'm a month short of 62 and I ride my SERK with the S&S 124 plus I ride a 2012 Yamaha FJR.  I like riding both bikes but for longer trips the cruise control and slightly better wind protection and better ergonomics the SERK gets the nod.  The FJR handles very well and the wife actually like both bikes.  The FJR does have the Helli 2" risers and heated grips.  I like the push button windshield but I would be crippled up if I had to take it for a week's ride, just to hunched up for me.  I'm hoping to sell the FJR this winter and get a bike that gives me more protection from the elements for longer trips.  Between the SERK and the fully faired bike I should be all set but I will miss the FJR.  I suspect like many others I drive way to fast on a sports bike or sports tourer.  If I could handle the ergonomics without much discomfort I would keep one as long as I could.

MadCVORG

• '11 FLTRUSE
  • Senior CVO Member
« Reply #34 on: November 07, 2015, 06:10:32 PM »

I'm 53 and still ride my 1993 Yamaha FJ1200, owned since new. Much different ride than my Harley, even though I'm slower these days. Find a comfortable ride.......

BritGuy

• 1K CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • BC

« Reply #35 on: November 10, 2015, 12:21:24 AM »

I came the other way, From a Z10R to the SERK with a 'breathed on' engine. Needed to slow down when I moved to Canada..... a lot! I do like the look of the Dival. A nice dilema to have.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.118 seconds with 25 queries.