Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [All]

Author Topic: 2008 non se ultra  (Read 2446 times)

twincam

2008 non se ultra
« on: August 25, 2007, 03:13:20 PM »

saw  COPPER CANYON UC yesterday at the dealer, looked pretty nice, didnt know it but these bikes are numbered, on emblem on the tank console, looks like they are only making 7000 of them as this was 4000 something or other of 7000.

deucedog

Re: 2008 non se ultra
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2007, 09:56:59 PM »

I also looked at that bike today at our local dealer.  They added $1400 worth of extras on it, plus $2000 mark up!  Beautiful bike, ugly price and a greedy dealer who will never see my business.

twincam

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2007, 10:45:59 PM »

yea, they wanted $29,000. for the one I saw! with 0 extras.

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2007, 09:08:56 AM »

I guess those dealers figure the bikes are worth more where you guys are, since you can ride all year.  Here in the snow belt the dealers realize we can only ride 6-8 months of the year and therefore cut us a little slack.

Let me make sure I'm following this thread correctly:  This is just a regular ol' FLHTCU with the anniversary paint, and they want $29k for it?  Just proves one of two points to me, either the dealer just returned from a two year stay on a deserted island and hasn't figured out the current market conditions, or there's still way to many people running around out there with more money than brains.  

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

deucedog

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2007, 10:35:05 AM »

I guess those dealers figure the bikes are worth more where you guys are, since you can ride all year.  Here in the snow belt the dealers realize we can only ride 6-8 months of the year and therefore cut us a little slack.

Let me make sure I'm following this thread correctly:  This is just a regular ol' FLHTCU with the anniversary paint, and they want $29k for it?  Just proves one of two points to me, either the dealer just returned from a two year stay on a deserted island and hasn't figured out the current market conditions, or there's still way to many people running around out there with more money than brains.  

Jerry

In Karlifornia its a mixture of the two.  65% dealer, 35% buyer!

twincam

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2007, 01:27:39 PM »

Jerry

you got it!! this was a regular ole Flhtcu, this dealer is close to a military base, and they do sell quite a few bikes, hell , also there was some guy looking at it that seemed very interested, (said he was bringing he's trade in in the morning. it was setting in the back, so I am assumming it never made it to the showroom. yep, more money then brains I would say!!

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2007, 03:10:52 PM »

yea, they wanted $29,000. for the one I saw! with 0 extras.

$24,440 at San Diego H-D

08 SEUC Anniversary is $35,660 

That's an $11,220 difference for a bad motor and some chrome doodads.

Just my $0.02

B B

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2007, 03:56:01 PM »

$24,440 at San Diego H-D

Just my $0.02

B B
Brian,
I'm not so sure it's as much a bad motor as some poor QC on the MoCo's part.  Fortunately, I haven't had any problems with my 110 yet and it runs great.  I don't race my Ultra, but on the same note, I don't baby it.  It's been a workhorse for me so far and I'll take it any day over my old 88.
Cheers :2vrolijk_21:,
  :devil:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2007, 05:07:14 PM »

Brian,
I'm not so sure it's as much a bad motor as some poor QC on the MoCo's part.  Fortunately, I haven't had any problems with my 110 yet and it runs great.  I don't race my Ultra, but on the same note, I don't baby it.  It's been a workhorse for me so far and I'll take it any day over my old 88.

You're one of the lucky ones from everything I've read on this site and heard in person.

My point in my earlier post however was what could someone do with the stock 08 UC and $11,000 ?

I'll bet they could end up with a super sweet 113" motor, SE clutch with hydraulic actuator and a bunch of chrome where they wanted it

However, they wouldn't have a CVO motorcycle. So what's that actually worth ? 

Right now I'm bummed because for the 1st time in 7 years I don't have a CVO of any model in my garage. So either I'm weird, or it is worth something

B B 

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2007, 05:30:15 PM »

You're one of the lucky ones from everything I've read on this site and heard in person.

My point in my earlier post however was what could someone do with the stock 08 UC and $11,000 ?

I'll bet they could end up with a super sweet 113" motor, SE clutch with hydraulic actuator and a bunch of chrome where they wanted it

However, they wouldn't have a CVO motorcycle. So what's that actually worth ? 

Right now I'm bummed because for the 1st time in 7 years I don't have a CVO of any model in my garage. So either I'm weird, or it is worth something

B B 

Brian,
I agree, with the right combination and a butt-load of cash, you can make just about any ride you want.  But like you said, it's still not a CVO.  There is a certain amount of prestige given to owning one.  I'll probably keep mine for a long time.  If I do start having problems with the engine, well, I guess that's why I have the 7-year extended service plan, I'll let the dealer fix it.  I do like the 110 though.  It is a powerful engine, with even more waiting to be released.  I'm biding my time on putting some different cams in. 

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2007, 06:18:01 PM »

Brian,
I agree, with the right combination and a butt-load of cash, you can make just about any ride you want.  But like you said, it's still not a CVO.  There is a certain amount of prestige given to owning one.  I'll probably keep mine for a long time.  If I do start having problems with the engine, well, I guess that's why I have the 7-year extended service plan, I'll let the dealer fix it.  I do like the 110 though.  It is a powerful engine, with even more waiting to be released.  I'm biding my time on putting some different cams in. 

You got it Charlie! If you love the '07/'08 CVO's, don't let the engine scare you. The 110's a great engine. It just needs some help because the MoCo is too cheap to use some better quality parts in it. So you do those yourself. But these motors got some great potential. I think much more potential than the 103's, especially 96" converted 103's! ;)

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Rhino

« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2007, 07:55:29 PM »

I went through this dilemna before commiting to my 07 CVO.  I don't recall exactly, but if you take the non CVO, and then look carefully and add up all of the doodads, and the engine, and the chrome and the other stuff, it is a bit less to do it, than to build it all up. It was my excuse to say  -  honey, look, I won't be spending so much time in the garage --   (she almost agreed - she said I would be, but on her projects.......)
Just MHO
Rhino

$24,440 at San Diego H-D

Just my $0.02

B B

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2007, 08:06:10 PM »

You got it Charlie! If you love the '07/'08 CVO's, don't let the engine scare you. The 110's a great engine. It just needs some help because the MoCo is too cheap to use some better quality parts in it. So you do those yourself. But these motors got some great potential. I think much more potential than the 103's, especially 96" converted 103's! ;)

Hoist! 8)

Go place your cranium in your rectum  :oops:  forgot that's where it is all the time anyway

Rhino

« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2007, 08:10:51 PM »

Hoist......I see you are out making friends again...

Rhino

Go place your cranium in your rectum  :oops:  forgot that's where it is all the time anyway

twincam

« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2007, 09:47:06 PM »

Hoist......I see you are out making friends again...

Rhino

those 2 have been buddies since Howies first post!!! ;D ;D ;)

harleyteam

• 1K CVO Member
  • RED BIKES RULE

• CVO1: 07 SERK - Razor Red
    • CVO2: 90 Heritage Classic (non cvo)
    • CVO3: 75 XLCH (non cvo)
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2007, 10:14:26 PM »

In Karlifornia its a mixture of the two.  65% dealer, 35% buyer!

personaly,,  I think that means their I Q's

HA, HA, HA,  ,,,,, I LIKE IT !!!!!!!

life member - National HOG - NRA - NY Abate
member -CVOHarley - Nia. Falls Chapter HOG
              Red Knights NY21 - PGR

twincam

« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2007, 10:18:35 PM »

BB, CHECK YOUR PM'S,  this message has been fixed!!! my bad for forgetting a apostrophe!!! ;D
« Last Edit: August 26, 2007, 10:58:25 PM by twincam »

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2007, 10:24:25 PM »

BB, CHECK YOUR PMS

What's up with this post ? This is totally uncalled for.

I've never had an unkind word for you. Never questioned your manhood, never insulted you.

Suggest you do the same in the future

twincam

« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2007, 10:25:45 PM »

What's up with this post ? This is totally uncalled for.

I've never had an unkind word for you. Never questioned your manhood, never insulted you.

Suggest you do the same in the future

LOL, jUST WANTED YOU TO GET IT BEFORE I MADE THAT CALL!!! NO OFFENSE MENT BB NO INSULT INTENDED!!
« Last Edit: August 26, 2007, 10:27:44 PM by twincam »

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2007, 10:28:10 PM »

LOL, jUST WANTED YOU TO GET IT BEFORE I MADE THAT CALL!!! NO OFFENSE MENT B

I'm not laughing and I am offended

twincam

« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2007, 10:30:55 PM »

[/quote)
whatever, just tring to give you a invite!!! so, just be offended then!!!

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2007, 10:34:42 PM »

[/quote)
whatever, just tring to give you a invite!!! so, just be offended then!!!

excuse me, lets try this again 

We're you going to send me a PM and you meant check my PM's ?

Cause your post said to check my PMS as in leave my PMS somewhere etc etc 

Do you know what PMS means ?

twincam

« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2007, 10:45:37 PM »

excuse me, lets try this again 

We're you going to send me a PM and you meant check my PM's ?

Cause your post said to check my PMS as in leave my PMS somewhere etc etc 

Do you know what PMS means ?

ok BB my bad, I ment check your pm's. sorry about my bad writtin skills!!!!!
Pages: 1 2 [All]

Page created in 0.201 seconds with 21 queries.