Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: You gotta see it to believe it  (Read 1368 times)

SPIDERMAN

You gotta see it to believe it
« on: November 18, 2006, 11:00:28 PM »

I bought the rear speaker kit (PN 77155-06) for Los Dragon. Catalogue said I also needed wiring harness 70169-06  So I says to myself, $124.95 for an adapter harness ?  What the hell ? Got the box today and opened it. There's one plug that must have 64 pins in it and about 20 others with at least 16 pins apiece. All I wanted was a couple speakers in the back. What the hell have I got myself into  [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

Big B

Gettinold

• 5k CVO Member
  • SOMEWHERE NORTH OF HEAVEN WHERE EAGLES DONT FLY
Re: You gotta see it to believe it
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2006, 08:15:58 AM »

SPIDER,SOUNDS LIKE FUN TO ME. HOPE ITS FUN FOR YOU TOO. THEY MUST HAVE YOU RUNNING A COMPLETE HARNESS FROM FRT TO REAR. ENJOY [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]
09 FLTRSE3   ORG & BLK
06 VRSCSE2    ORG & BLK
04 FLHTCSE   ORG & BLK    SOLD
94 FXSTS      CUSTOM

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2006, 04:05:14 PM »

SPIDER,SOUNDS LIKE FUN TO ME. HOPE ITS FUN FOR YOU TOO. THEY MUST HAVE YOU RUNNING A COMPLETE HARNESS FROM FRT TO REAR. ENJOY [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

The speaker kit comes with a long 6 pin harness that runs from Tour-pak to Fairing. This looks to be a complete electrical/electronic harness - - - probably what hooks everything together inside the fairing. It's only about 30" long. Man I can't believe H-D. Why the hell couldn't they just give you a male or female connector and short unfinished section to go with the harnes that goes back to the speakers and instructions on how to splice it into the existing harnes. I've been doing this a long time and I have never seen anything this convoluted. Unfreakinbelieveable  :P

B B

Special_Ed

• 1K CVO Member
  • Member#2263 DSPP#136,543,099
    • CVO2: 05' VRSCSE - sold
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2006, 05:06:05 PM »

The speaker kit comes with a long 6 pin harness that runs from Tour-pak to Fairing. This looks to be a complete electrical/electronic harness - - - probably what hooks everything together inside the fairing. It's only about 30" long. Man I can't believe H-D. Why the hell couldn't they just give you a male or female connector and short unfinished section to go with the harnes that goes back to the speakers and instructions on how to splice it into the existing harnes. I've been doing this a long time and I have never seen anything this convoluted. Unfreakinbelieveable
"Looks like we got a date with Destiny and she's ordering the lobstah..."

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2006, 05:17:12 PM »

Brian,
Good luck with the install. This goes along with what we were saying in the other thread. 10 more minutes of design and it would save hours of install time.

Ed

Ed,
       The irony of it all is I bought the rear speaker kit thinking it would improve the sound quality of my " Advanced Audio " system. Beags tells me it is a waste. I should scrap the whole idea and buy some Hawg Wired speakers and an amp for the front - - - - - - - - like that's gonna be easy to hook up either. What's an electonically challenged guy like me supposed to do.

Special_Ed

• 1K CVO Member
  • Member#2263 DSPP#136,543,099
    • CVO2: 05' VRSCSE - sold
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2006, 05:41:23 PM »

Ed,
       The irony of it all is I bought the rear speaker kit thinking it would improve the sound quality of my " Advanced Audio " system. Beags tells me it is a waste. I should scrap the whole idea and buy some Hawg Wired speakers and an amp for the front - - - - - - - - like that's gonna be easy to hook up either. What's an electonically challenged guy like me supposed to do.

Brian,
That's the damn problem, if they would just make the stuff so that it would fit easily and didn't try to make every part fit every model. I understand the reason why but come on, it shouldn't be a big deal but it's only designed half way. I wish there were something I could tell you. Better yet I wish I could pack up my tools and help you install it. If only I didn't need to work. That's it, I have got to win the lottery.

Ed
"Looks like we got a date with Destiny and she's ordering the lobstah..."

hogasm

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2006, 08:19:06 PM »

Ed,
       The irony of it all is I bought the rear speaker kit thinking it would improve the sound quality of my " Advanced Audio " system. Beags tells me it is a waste. [highlight]I should scrap the whole idea [/highlight]and buy some Hawg Wired speakers and an amp for the front - - - - - - - - like that's gonna be easy to hook up either. What's an electonically challenged guy like me supposed to do.

I started this Big B and gave up

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2006, 07:10:56 PM »

I started this Big B and gave up

Brian are you saying you had the parts and tried to make it work and it wouldn't, or researched it and gave up ? At this point everything is still brand new and in the boxes etc and I can return. If I pull the outer fairing shell and try and fail, I'm stuck with it.

B B

hogasm

« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2006, 07:23:45 PM »

I bought all the speakers, wiring harnesses that Harley said you have to have. One thing I wanted to do was to have the tour pack removable so I had to make up disconnects for the wiring. Not a problem just time consuming. After mounting everything the speakers did not dook right with the small backrest I have for the SEEG. This now means I needed to purchase a new backrest. Then while everything was mocked up on the bike I rode around and could not even hear the rear speakers. One of the mechanics at the Harley shop was looking for a rear set of speakers so I sold him the whole set up, well did some horse trading with him. Since Kathy doesn't ride with me anymore I gave up the idea.
I had been looking into the Hawg Wired system that uses the lower glove box for another speaker, but Bessie is so loud I am now looking into a set of ear plugs that are wired for sound. Tried a set and they sounded as good as my Bose headset. Now that the holidays are close......

Hogasm

Page created in 0.165 seconds with 21 queries.