Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: CVO 117 with Woods 22X dyno results - disappointing?  (Read 5621 times)

jjscott13

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

CVO 117 with Woods 22X dyno results - disappointing?
« on: May 14, 2019, 09:06:49 AM »

I have a 2018 CVO Limited. Just had the Woods 22X installed with the Fullsac MX head pipe and Khrome Werks 4.5" slip-on's. The slip-on’s have their louvered baffles. Dealership tuned it with a Power Vision.

I was pretty surprised by the numbers it pulled. Would have thought the torque would have been in the mid to upper 120's and not in the high teens. The low end torque curve looks good in that there is no dip, so I don't think the mufflers are a problem, at least from that perspective.

I’ve seen better numbers with just a head pipe and slip-ons. I shared this with my dealer and they said there’s no way you’re going to get mid to upper 120’s with just a cam and pipes. He said people can make their dyno numbers look any way they want so I should take it with a grain of salt.

Not sure what to believe at this point. What do you guys think?
Do you think the numbers should be better?
Do you think my exhaust combination just doesn’t work with this cam?
Do you think they just don't know how to tune a bike?

« Last Edit: May 14, 2019, 09:35:34 AM by jjscott13 »

MCE

Re: CVO 117 with Woods 22X dyno results - disappointing?
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2019, 09:31:18 AM »

Looks like a huge bump. I would have expected a more out of a 117, but how does ride?

Try getting it tuned by a good INDY shop. There should be more to be had. I'd ask Bob Woods
about it too.

GL

jjscott13

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2019, 09:57:40 AM »

It's pulls pretty good. once you get north of 3000 RPMs. One thing I noticed is it does pop on decel once you start floating down past 2000 RPMs. Also noticed that if you just flip the throttle at idle to rev the motor, there's a bit of a dead spot. You have to twist the throttle farther than before to rev the motor. Will be taking it back to the dealer to hopefully have him address both concerns and see what he says about the Dyno numbers.

Will probably give Steve from Fullsac a call to get his thoughts.

HOGMIKE

• 1K CVO Member
  • 65 FLH 93" + others
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2019, 10:10:19 AM »

It's pulls pretty good. once you get north of 3000 RPMs. One thing I noticed is it does pop on decel once you start floating down past 2000 RPMs. Also noticed that if you just flip the throttle at idle to rev the motor, there's a bit of a dead spot. You have to twist the throttle farther than before to rev the motor. Will be taking it back to the dealer to hopefully have him address both concerns and see what he says about the Dyno numbers.

I noticed that same dead spot off idle that you mentioned on my own 117 with the fullsac pipe and mufflers.
Totally disappeared with my TTS and map from Steve. I’m sure a good dyno session would eliminate your issues.
JMHO
HOGMIKE

jjscott13

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2019, 10:17:11 AM »

I noticed that same dead spot off idle that you mentioned on my own 117 with the fullsac pipe and mufflers.
Totally disappeared with my TTS and map from Steve. I’m sure a good dyno session would eliminate your issues.
JMHO

What mufflers did you go with? Did you add a cam to yours or just the Fullsac head pipe and mufflers?

HOGMIKE

• 1K CVO Member
  • 65 FLH 93" + others
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2019, 04:23:04 PM »

What mufflers did you go with? Did you add a cam to yours or just the Fullsac head pipe and mufflers?

Just the fullsac header and muffler cores.
Noticed the same hesitation on my 114 and did the same mods to that one also.
Had to keep everything stock for ongoing warranty issues on both bikes. I can go back to bone stock easily.
HOGMIKE

jjscott13

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2019, 05:15:46 PM »

Just the fullsac header and muffler cores.
Noticed the same hesitation on my 114 and did the same mods to that one also.
Had to keep everything stock for ongoing warranty issues on both bikes. I can go back to bone stock easily.

Did you have your bike dyno'd? If so, what were your numbers?

goop

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • IL

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2019, 06:38:35 PM »

i can send you my tune and you can try it and see if its dfferent. my bike pulls like a freight train. i9 cvo RG
2016 cvo street glide
2019 cvo road glide

HOGMIKE

• 1K CVO Member
  • 65 FLH 93" + others
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2019, 08:04:39 PM »

Did you have your bike dyno'd? If so, what were your numbers?

My particular 2019 was not on the drum, but the map generated by the similar bike was and is what I use.
I’m not concerned with the numbers, just overall performance when 2 up mostly. This is a touring bike and I want strong passing power.
After the warranty is up I’ll drop in a TTS cam and call it good.
Drive ability is what I want and I got it with this same combination I’ve used in my other bikes.
It’s what works for me.
 8)
HOGMIKE

goop

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • IL

« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2019, 10:14:56 PM »

mine pulls hard right away. twist the wick and she gone. give me your email and i will send you my tune. i also use power vision.
2019 cvo RG with fuel moto head pipe and s&s grand nationals. trask assault air cleaner
2016 cvo street glide
2019 cvo road glide

hrdtail78

• Vendor
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2019, 12:34:01 PM »

I have seen that cam do better in tq with a side dump pipe.  I have also seen that exhaust support 145/145 plus on a 128 with CNC heads.

Next time a dealer talks about making the dyno put out whatever we want.  Ask him how that is done and if he could show you with their dyno.  Your power is low and he is making up stuff to excuse it.

Fullsac Performance

• Vendor
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Never ride with a Halfsac! Insist on Fullsac Perf!
    • AZ

• Fullsac Performance
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2019, 11:01:43 PM »

I have seen that cam do better in tq with a side dump pipe.  I have also seen that exhaust support 145/145 plus on a 128 with CNC heads.

Next time a dealer talks about making the dyno put out whatever we want.  Ask him how that is done and if he could show you with their dyno.  Your power is low and he is making up stuff to excuse it.

Lol....Glad those didn't catch on!
Final pull is only run number 7? I made 13 pulls on a stage I 107 today. Good tunes don't usually happen that fast. Maybe give someone else a shot at the tune. If your serious about making good low end, rethink the mufflers before then too.

Steve@fullsac
Steve@fullsac.com  www.fullsac.com
Never argue with idiots. They will beat you with experience.

2018_FLTRXSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Wait 6 months?... YES it was worth the wait!
    • HI

• CVO1: 2018_FLTRXSE, Gunship Grey, (Delivered July 28, 2018... after almost 9 )
    • CVO2: 2001_FLTRSEI, Grey/Black/Silver w/Hannigan Hack and a blast to ride.
    • CVO3: 2012_FLTRXSE, Maple/Black (Delivered 1/20/2012 - Traded 10/25/2017)
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2019, 07:11:07 PM »

Lol....Glad those didn't catch on!
Final pull is only run number 7? I made 13 pulls on a stage I 107 today. Good tunes don't usually happen that fast. Maybe give someone else a shot at the tune. If your serious about making good low end, rethink the mufflers before then too.

Steve@fullsac

Who needs their hearing right Steve?

I'll be giving you a call shortly for some stuff for my '18 CVO... She needs some love.

Rob

No more Hawaii HOG Rally... ask HOG why...

MCE

« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2019, 06:58:23 PM »

Dealers usually don't cut it.

A good tuner will spend 'as long as it takes' to get the most
out of it. I'd never trust a dealer to tune it right.

For one thing, they want to crank chit through the shop as fast
as they can. Spending 8 hours tying up the dyno is not their style.

Secondly, they don't pay enough to keep a competent tuning
guru around. (A really good tuner wouldn't be wasting their time
at a dealership).

Take it to a real tuner and go from there.   

jjscott13

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2019, 10:27:31 AM »

Dealers usually don't cut it.

A good tuner will spend 'as long as it takes' to get the most
out of it. I'd never trust a dealer to tune it right.

For one thing, they want to crank chit through the shop as fast
as they can. Spending 8 hours tying up the dyno is not their style.

Secondly, they don't pay enough to keep a competent tuning
guru around. (A really good tuner wouldn't be wasting their time
at a dealership).

Take it to a real tuner and go from there.

Yeah, I hear ya and was thinking the same thing. I did take it back to the dealership that did the work and they took care of the pop on decel so that's a good thing.

Haven't decided if I'm going to take it to another tuner yet. The bike does pull great and I should be satisfied, but if there is more to be had with this setup that I spent a good amount of money on, I'd like to have it. Just not sure I want to spend more money to find out. Know what I mean?
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.177 seconds with 25 queries.