Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: 20 CVO Limited, Heated Grips Not Very Hot  (Read 1978 times)

ironvalk

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • MN

• CVO1: 2019 cvo limited
Re: 20 CVO Limited, Heated Grips Not Very Hot
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2021, 05:33:52 AM »

One of the dealers had same bike on showroom floor. The grips on that bike got hot right away like normal. There is definitely an issue with mine. The dealers feel some warmth then say "they are working". Other limiteds and cvo limiteds I ride with and have owned all work normal with position 1 or 2 usually being plenty hot. My 19 cvo limited is not working correctly. It's really sad the dealers just blow it off with "they are heating" or "that's as good as it gets"

Phreakyz

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

• CVO1: Current: 2019 CVO Road Glide Lightning Silver & Charred Steel With Black Hole
    • CVO2: Previous: 2016 CVO Street Glide Licorice/Cobalt
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2021, 08:49:51 AM »

One of the dealers had same bike on showroom floor. The grips on that bike got hot right away like normal. There is definitely an issue with mine. The dealers feel some warmth then say "they are working". Other limiteds and cvo limiteds I ride with and have owned all work normal with position 1 or 2 usually being plenty hot. My 19 cvo limited is not working correctly. It's really sad the dealers just blow it off with "they are heating" or "that's as good as it gets"
Walk in with an infra red thermometer, have them watch you and check one on the floor and compare it to yours.

HOGMIKE

• 1K CVO Member
  • 65 FLH 93" + others
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2021, 09:17:45 AM »

Try calling H-D customer care
800-258-2464 or
414-343-4056

They have been pretty good at helping the dealers get problems solved.
If the bike is under warranty YOU should not have to do all the testing to resolve the issue.
JMHO
 8)
HOGMIKE

ironvalk

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • MN

• CVO1: 2019 cvo limited
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2021, 09:22:25 PM »

My confidence in dealership to be able to diagnose a problem is now very low. It is under warranty, but at this point I would not care if I have to buy the parts and install them myself. It would be quicker, and I would not lose a day of pay by having to take a day off or take a vacation day to bring it in. I just want them to work as they should. I just tried calling the customer support, but they were closed. I'll try calling them again after a night shift, (I work 12hour+ shifts). I really don't want to waste another day at the dealer only to hear "they are working". Days off are precious. I live up north, so I won't be able to ride until April at earliest. Low temp of -15 Fahrenheit forecast for tonight (spring is a long way off!). I have been patient with this so far (20,000+ miles so far), but am really ready to resolve the problem.

HOGMIKE

• 1K CVO Member
  • 65 FLH 93" + others
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2021, 09:34:23 PM »

Some dealers do not have “customer service” in their vocabulary.
It’s sad to spend $45,000 + on a motorcycle and have the dealer not fix a minor problem like yours. Harley will pay them for repairs, so, what’s the problem?
Maybe they don’t want repeat customers or referrals?
Of course there are always 2 sides to every story.
My local dealer would drive to my house, pick up the bike, fix it and bring it back.
They seem to value their customers more than some other dealers that I have had to deal with!
Call H-D and relate the issues you have, they have helped me in the past with some of my other bikes.
Good luck
🍀
HOGMIKE

Phreakyz

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

• CVO1: Current: 2019 CVO Road Glide Lightning Silver & Charred Steel With Black Hole
    • CVO2: Previous: 2016 CVO Street Glide Licorice/Cobalt
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2021, 09:50:39 AM »

Some dealers do not have “customer service” in their vocabulary.
It’s sad to spend $45,000 + on a motorcycle and have the dealer not fix a minor problem like yours. Harley will pay them for repairs, so, what’s the problem?
I agree -  Buy a new BMW 430i and take it in for service and they treat you like royalty,  spend the same money on a Harley and you get nothing but hassle.
I pointed this out to my dealer's service manager not too long ago!

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2021, 11:35:48 AM »

It’s sad to spend $45,000 + on a motorcycle

The lack of quality (or even effective) service is bad.  But you really don't need to finish the sentence beyond that above.  It's nuts what these things cost anymore.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.14 seconds with 21 queries.