Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: 2014 SE Comp Installation Instructions  (Read 5988 times)

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
Re: 2014 SE Comp Installation Instructions
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2013, 01:46:18 PM »

I have the 2014 SE Comp. Question: Why is it required, per the instructions, to install the primary chain, compensating sprocket and clutch assembly as an assembly? Alternatively, removing the chain tensioner (I have the Hayden M6 BT07) provides enough space to install the primary chain without removing the clutch hub mainshaft nut. Any guidance appreciated. Thanks.

The chain has to be in place on the compensator gear when the compensator is installed, due to clearance to the inner primary, as you can see in the picture.  The clutch assembly has to be slide on simultaneously because of the primary chain construction.  You can't "bend' the primary chain "side to side" (if that makes sense) to get it around the thickness of the clutch assembly, once the compensator is installed.

So, you can't put the chain on the clutch first and then on the compensator, because there isn't enough clearance between the compensator and the inner primary.  And you can't put the chain on the compensator and then on the clutch, because you can't "bend" the chain around the front of the clutch assembly.  Thus, then have to be installed assembly.  Clear as mud?  Once you try it, it will be obvious.

2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

jwalker793

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 CVO Road Glide Ultra
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2013, 02:39:21 PM »

Thanks for the info Sadunbar. With the chain tensioner removed and the primary chain on the clutch, I can place the chain on the compensating sprocket and fit it on the sliding cam. With that step complete, I can complete installation with the thrust washer and bearing, sprocket retainer and screw. Is there a problem with my primary chain if I am able to install this way as opposed to the assembly approach?
124 137HP/147TQ

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2013, 03:31:56 PM »

Thanks for the info Sadunbar. With the chain tensioner removed and the primary chain on the clutch, I can place the chain on the compensating sprocket and fit it on the sliding cam. With that step complete, I can complete installation with the thrust washer and bearing, sprocket retainer and screw. Is there a problem with my primary chain if I am able to install this way as opposed to the assembly approach?

If you can accomplish what you stated, then you're good to go...   :2vrolijk_21:
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.476 seconds with 20 queries.