Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2014 CVO road king throttle by wire extension and extended brake / clutch lines  (Read 1711 times)

wing_nut

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TX

• CVO1: 2014 FLHRSE6

i went to Harley shop here in Midland, Tx today and argued with the guy behind the counter who told me there is no way to put taller bars on a CVO road king because they don't make a TBW extension kit for the CVO.  funny how they told me to bring the bike in the other day and they'd put the bars on for me and ONLY charge me $700 labor plus the cost for the wiring extensions. he then proceeded to tell me they also don't make longer brake or clutch lines for a CVO.  don't know why they hire parts people who have no clue what they are talking about.....needless to say i left out of there a lil bit aggravated...

anyway, now that i'm done ranting about the shop out here, does anyone know of a plug and play TBW extension besides the motion pro 11-0101?  i know NAMZ and a few others make some but they all look to be cut / splice / solder types.  on some sites, such as lion parts, it shows the motion pro 11-0101 is the correct one for the 14 CVO Road king, however when i pull it up on other sites it doesn't show that it fits my bike.  looking at the photos of the harness, its looks to be what i need but i just want to make sure before i order it...if all else fails i can cut and splice, just trying to avoid that if i can...

another quick question, does anyone know the stock length of the brake and clutch lines so i can figure out what length new ones i need?  i'm putting 18" carlini gangster apes...

thanks...
wing_nut -
2014 CVO Road King
2004 XL 1200C (XLforum - wing_nut)
1997 XL 1200C

GKroadking

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com

• CVO1: CVO Road King 2014 (FLHRSE6) sold
    • CVO2: CVO Street Glide 2021 (FLHXSE)
CVO Street Glide 2021
FLHXSE
Sunset Orange & Sunset Black Fade
Jekill & Hyde Exhaust
http://jekillandhyde.com/en_US/our-technique
131cui

CVODON

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 15 FLTRUSE

Try going back to the stone age and call, on the phone, companies who manufacturer the extensions and ask them. I find the people who make the stuff seem to know more than most dealers.

wing_nut

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TX

• CVO1: 2014 FLHRSE6

i finally found one on ebay.  got everything wired a few days ago.  been riding all weekend.  the apes are sick.  did some other mods also.  will make a post later.
wing_nut -
2014 CVO Road King
2004 XL 1200C (XLforum - wing_nut)
1997 XL 1200C

Page created in 0.133 seconds with 23 queries.