Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: iPod Nano  (Read 1390 times)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
iPod Nano
« on: November 20, 2005, 11:11:29 PM »

I know that some of you are really into your music and I've saw mention of the iPod a time or two on here...........and of course Andy (AK) told me and showed me this thing but I just never really paid attention, I guess.

Just got the 4 GB, 1000 song iPod Nano for my birthday, came home and immediatly downloaded a lot of CDs (301 songs for 23.2 hours of continuos play time).  Just went out and tried it on the bike and this thing is incredable, to say the least!

It's about the size of a credit card but maybe 3/16" thick and it actually holds 1000 songs.  I bought the clear, hard plastic case for it, since I'll be using it on the bike......also the car charger, etc. so that I can recharge it on the road.  It has a built in graphic equalizer when you download the software onto your computer, too.......I think about 9 bands or so.  Very simple to figure out and use.

No more having to carry CDs and having to change them every time I stop...........and, never having to listen to the DJs talking, on the radio......just song, after song, after song.  It loads them in alphabetical order of the artist however, it does have a "shuffle" feature so that they just play at random.  I really look forward to listening to my music all the time and never have to fuss with anything (CDs or radio).  Hell, I think this beats the satellite radio in the BMW, even.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Screamin

• 5k CVO Member
  • Number 641

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2 Cherry
    • CVO2: 2019 Road Glide Ultra
Re: iPod Nano
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2005, 05:40:40 AM »

Morning JC;

Let me know how you mount it, if you do. I hung mine from the pocket in my lower and wasn't very satisfied. Seemed like it bounced too much and would lock up the hard drive. Neat technology though w/ tons of tunes. Also used the charger/transmitter so I didn't need to go w/ a direct connect to the aux. plug. Worked ok and very transportable to my other vehicles. Bit of a pain in the butt though to scan for a channel @ 70 mph when it was interfered by w/ another, stronger channel.

CVOandChop

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2005, 05:55:55 AM »

I have a Nano as well.  Great gadget.

[smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]
Ride It Like You Stole It...

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2005, 10:52:38 AM »

A couple of the SEEG owners out here have the little three pouch windshield bag and I'll probably go with that for the location.

In regards to my leg fairing glove boxes, I have microfiber towels folded and laying in the bottom of each in case I throw my cell phone or something else fragile in there, to absorb vibration and the bouncing around, but I don't want a cable running that far.

I'll probably stick with the cable, at least for now.  I like the no hassel feature of a cable vs. the cordless trasmitter and having to find a station from time to time.  Maybe the cordless route in my truck, though.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2005, 12:13:28 PM »

com' on JC

[smiley=worthless.gif]
« Last Edit: November 24, 2005, 12:13:43 PM by porthole2 »
:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it

hdnut

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2005, 01:52:28 PM »

I use the wireless fm tranmitter works great in my location,not so good around Chicago,but 90% of the time I am Happy with the preformace.I have the three pouch windshield bag ,I put bubble wrap in to help with the bouncing,I have a ipod mini,the nano does not have a hard drive it is circuit board so the vibration is not a factor. [smiley=pumpkin.gif]
hdnut

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2005, 04:41:15 PM »

Just saw the FM wireless transmitter on sale tomorrow, for $59.  Guess I'll have to break down and get that for my truck. [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

West Coast GTG   

Elvis

• Senior CVO Member
  • Rent This Space  
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2005, 06:15:41 PM »

Yo JCZ,

Where'd ya see it on sale?

elvis

Page created in 0.15 seconds with 21 queries.