Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: S&S lifters and new pushrods for my 09 110.  (Read 17392 times)

REGGAB

Re: S&S lifters and new pushrods for my 09 110.
« Reply #30 on: September 11, 2009, 11:50:12 PM »

Working from what'll be a ten year old memory here Henry.  But I think the 95th anniversary trimmed touring bikes were available as either carbed or Marelli bikes.

I really want to believe that, but every piece of data I collect, whether it be through exhaustive research or interview of known historical experts, results in information telling me the PBJ tourers are Marelli bikes.......however this does not hold true with the 1998 model year tourers that are not outfitted with anniversary colors.  Plenty of those are equipped with CV carbs as well as Marelli FI.
I will certainly welcome evidence to the contrary, but even if there are factory carbed PBJ FLTRs out there, I'd imagine there are very few with only 800 production models made.
Nonetheless, I'm not quite ready to make this acquisition just yet based on family events of this calendar year.  It will happen in due time.  For this one, I have plenty of patience and will search for the "right" bike.  I'll know it when I find it.
Still think this is the best looking machine H-D ever produced.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: S&S lifters and new pushrods for my 09 110.
« Reply #31 on: September 12, 2009, 12:21:37 AM »

I really want to believe that, but every piece of data I collect, whether it be through exhaustive research or interview of known historical experts, results in information telling me the PBJ tourers are Marelli bikes.......however this does not hold true with the 1998 model year tourers that are not outfitted with anniversary colors.  Plenty of those are equipped with CV carbs as well as Marelli FI.
I will certainly welcome evidence to the contrary, but even if there are factory carbed PBJ FLTRs out there, I'd imagine there are very few with only 800 production models made.
Nonetheless, I'm not quite ready to make this acquisition just yet based on family events of this calendar year.  It will happen in due time.  For this one, I have plenty of patience and will search for the "right" bike.  I'll know it when I find it.
Still think this is the best looking machine H-D ever produced.

I'd never researched it at all. Just thought I remembered having hands on a carbed 95th Road King before.  Fortunately only took a moment to find what seemed good verification one way or the other.  Looks like all the touring bikes were FI bikes within the 95th anniversary model set.  Following is from a 30 August, 1997 MoCo press release a quick search dug up.  Looked like the kind of thing being released to the rags so likely reprinted through many sources after initial release:

Milwaukee - Limited Edition 1998 Harleys will be available in eight differant models this year, they include: XL1200C -Sportster 1200 Custom FXDWG -Dyna Wide Glide FLSTF -Fat Boy FLSTS -Heritage Springer FLHTCI -Electr GLide Classic FLHTCUI -Ultra Classic Electra Glide(injected) FLHRCI -Road King Classic (injected) FLTRI -Road Glide The color scheme is two-tone Midnight Red and Champagne Pearl. Fuel tanks are adorned with the raised Cloisonne'emblems.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.129 seconds with 24 queries.