Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 192 193 [194] 195 196 ... 201

Author Topic: Do you carry?  (Read 588424 times)

SneakyPete

• 1K CVO Member
  • AKA FGL
    • VA

• CVO1: 2004 SEEG O/B- RIP
    • CVO2: 2009 SERG3 O/B
    • CVO3: 2014 SERK6 O/B
Re: Do you carry?
« Reply #2895 on: October 31, 2016, 08:04:53 PM »

:nixweiss:just added to the aresnal. Kimber

Nice piece Kenny
Member Hillbilly Rocket Riders MC, Virginia THE FASTEST CHAPTER!

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2009 cvo roadglide
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO StreetKing
« Reply #2896 on: October 31, 2016, 08:24:34 PM »

The day I bought it carried on the back door to field strip it. When the retainer came off parts flew out the end. I took a draw off my smoke exhsled took a second draw and a shot of bourbon before I heard parts hitting the ground. I found some of them
It's not the destination. It's the Journey.

moscooter

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #2897 on: November 01, 2016, 06:16:32 PM »

:-\

I don't wanna crawl back thru 194 pages to see if this arms company has already been covered.  Anyway,  one of my buddys recently got one of these and it appears to be quality built and I'm thinkin' of gettting one after I get the necessary permits and take the concealed carry course.

Any thoughts on these..........I recognize we're talking only a 2 shot deal and having to re-cock it,  but at close range in defense,  it would have to be pretty lethal. :confused5:

https://bondarms.com/

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #2898 on: November 01, 2016, 06:28:41 PM »

:-\

I don't wanna crawl back thru 194 pages to see if this arms company has already been covered.  Anyway,  one of my buddys recently got one of these and it appears to be quality built and I'm thinkin' of gettting one after I get the necessary permits and take the concealed carry course.

Any thoughts on these..........I recognize we're talking only a 2 shot deal and having to re-cock it,  but at close range in defense,  it would have to be pretty lethal. :confused5:

https://bondarms.com/
You better be one hell of a shot, quick on the draw & re-cock. Data and statistics have shown that a person (running at you w/a knife) can cover 21 feet before you can draw and fire a weapon. Also data/statistics show that when the poop hits the rotary oscillator your accuracy drops by 50%. For me I'd rather have an automatic weapon w/a magazine that carries the maximum amount my state allows. If needed I will fire until the threat has been eliminated (IMO it will take more than two shots). In this day and age w/the possibility of the bad guy/gal being high on some illegal/legal drugs (which could further increase the ability to stop the threat) I don't want to limit my ability to stop the threat.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

grayghost731

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Built For ME! Love My Fatboy CVO

• CVO1: FLSTFSE Platinum Mist&Slate 102.81 HP 113.47 Torque
« Reply #2899 on: November 01, 2016, 07:21:17 PM »

You better be one hell of a shot, quick on the draw & re-cock. Data and statistics have shown that a person (running at you w/a knife) can cover 21 feet before you can draw and fire a weapon. Also data/statistics show that when the poop hits the rotary oscillator your accuracy drops by 50%. For me I'd rather have an automatic weapon w/a magazine that carries the maximum amount my state allows. If needed I will fire until the threat has been eliminated (IMO it will take more than two shots). In this day and age w/the possibility of the bad guy/gal being high on some illegal/legal drugs (which could further increase the ability to stop the threat) I don't want to limit my ability to stop the threat.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:

:2vrolijk_21:    I would Agree with that statement!     ;)

MIKEYTEE

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka. Uncle Mikey! Mikeytee for Burbon Judge and
    • SC

• CVO1: 1999 ROADGLIDE Ultra SOLD
« Reply #2900 on: November 01, 2016, 07:33:00 PM »

I agree with you Gary. I either carry my colt model 10 with 1-3/4" barrel. It only holds 6 shots , but it doesn't jam and I'm deadly with it up to  100 yards. I also carry a Walther mod.9 in my pocket . It is only 25 cal. semi auto and can fit in the palm of my hand. that is  for up close and personal. I just bought a Taurus PT709 9mm semi-auto 6+1. I haven't shot it yet, but I expect to get some good range time this month  to get familiar and proficient with it.
Mike
 :drink:
Co-Founder /National Board Member/ Zen Master of CVO Harley Pondering,Hankering, & Moseying Society with all Honors, Rights and Accolades.

Charter Member CVO Harley Critter Gawking Society
Charter Member Husband Saints Society. We have Lucky Wives!
I saw the worlds largest ball of string in Cawker City, Kansas

TNCarters

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2015 CVO RGU
    • CVO2: 2011 Ultra Limited (Traded)
« Reply #2901 on: November 01, 2016, 08:53:17 PM »

I usually keep a s&w model 340 j-frame(357) in my pocket. Only holds 5 rounds but packs quite a punch for an alloy revolver.
Ron
2015 CVO RGU
Burgundy Blaze

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #2902 on: November 01, 2016, 09:15:00 PM »

There are so many good and easily concealed single stack 9mm and .380 options these days that I'm not sure why that would be of interest.

gary_r

« Reply #2903 on: November 01, 2016, 09:18:53 PM »

Just picked up a Walther PPS 9mm mainly the the wife but I'm hoping she doesn't like it.

FLTRCVO

• Senior CVO Member
  • pnw_cvfltrse_dom_c38_sws_w1024
« Reply #2904 on: November 01, 2016, 10:36:29 PM »

We should have learned at least one thing from this thread since it began; different strokes for different folks due to them sharing their preferences with us, thus, we have been enlightened with a multitude of firearms some of which I have never heard or seen before.

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #2905 on: November 01, 2016, 10:54:42 PM »

Might be OK for a New York Reload.  ;) Always have at least one 'back-up'.   har!  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Are You Valley Experienced?
« Reply #2906 on: November 02, 2016, 08:42:39 AM »

Might be OK for a New York Reload.  ;) Always have at least one 'back-up'.   har!  spyder

Wise advise!

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
« Reply #2907 on: April 27, 2017, 10:22:51 PM »

Thanks Mike. I too, bought one in May. Love the gun. Very accurate and it just plain "feels good" in my hands.  I just returned from Sturgis, wearing it 5 full days both riding and walking. Never knew it was there.  My next purchase will also be a PCR. I just need to find the right one.
Just a bump. I normally don't mess with anything on a handgun other than sights and internal polishing but this PCR just begged to be cerokoted.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

TinSpinner

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: FLHTCUSE8
« Reply #2908 on: April 28, 2017, 03:51:01 PM »

Just a bump. I normally don't mess with anything on a handgun other than sights and internal polishing but this PCR just begged to be cerokoted.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

That looks good Mike!  :2vrolijk_21:

Next we hear you will be in debt to Cajun Gun Works for a trigger job and night sights. Great gun, love me some CZ's.

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
« Reply #2909 on: April 28, 2017, 07:28:40 PM »

That looks good Mike!  :2vrolijk_21:

Next we hear you will be in debt to Cajun Gun Works for a trigger job and night sights. Great gun, love me some CZ's.

I did change out a few springs and the firing pin along with polishing up the innards while I had it all apart. Wife was saying the DA was too tough on her skinny little fingers. She has no problems with it now.  :2vrolijk_21:

I got the parts from CGW but refuse to send it to them for a couple reasons, one is their labor cost, almost as back as MoCo and two, I won't be without it for 8-10 weeks when I can buy the parts from them, have them in 3 days and do it myself after work one night. Good people but they need to train some help once they get moved into their new building.
PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!
Pages: 1 ... 192 193 [194] 195 196 ... 201

Page created in 0.179 seconds with 24 queries.