Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: FXDWG3 colour code  (Read 3304 times)

zoldisti

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NH

FXDWG3 colour code
« on: July 20, 2016, 11:39:13 AM »

Hi everybody.
I had some work done on my gas tank, now it's time to paint it.
Does anybody have the colour code for the blue one?
Online I found it as Navy Pearl, but on the tank there is a sticker that says Blue Sabre B#33.
The paint shops in Europe cannot find any of these two in their computers.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: FXDWG3 colour code
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2016, 01:46:50 PM »

The published name for the blue color on the FXDWG3 bikes was "Navy Blue Pearl."  It's not uncommon that CVO paint codes are difficult to get. 

Here's a place offering to sell a matched paint.  It's not Harley itself.  Still may be worth at least a phone call to see if they sound good enough to take a risk with.

http://www.harleydavidson-paint.com/navy.html

Strictly in the "for what it's worth" category that vendor popped up and is now offering paints for nearly universal coverage of Harley colors.  Even including the CVO colors.  Have searched a few that didn't show.  But most are there.

Even my rare almost unobtanium thought never to be published Candy Brandywine from 2002 is on their list.  It's not cheap, but it's there.  I'm painting a tour pak and a rear fender extension sometime sooner than later so have ordered their kit with my fingers crossed.  In my case the kit even specifically details it being a three stage job, comes with all the materials and a set of "instructions" to try to replicate the multi-stage paint process. 

Page created in 0.171 seconds with 24 queries.