Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Author Topic: New vent  (Read 6620 times)

RivRaptor

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CA

Re: New vent
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2019, 01:15:56 PM »

I just drained only 15 ounces out of the tranny....looks like I need a trip to the parts guy for this kit!  17' 114 with 8k miles
2017 CVO Street Glide-Dark Slate Candy & Artic Black

Sometimes it's the people who no one imagines anything of that do the things that no one can imagine

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2019, 02:32:27 PM »

I just drained only 15 ounces out of the tranny....looks like I need a trip to the parts guy for this kit!  17' 114 with 8k miles

You might want to start out by asking your dealership to do it under warranty.  It's an abnormal condition caused by things the MoCo changed, and it should be covered.  Even if you are technically beyond the two year warranty, they should still take care of it since it's a known product problem they have not fixed to this day.

JMHO - Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

RivRaptor

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CA

« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2019, 02:43:43 PM »

I agree Jerry.  Asked the service writer and he gave me some b.s. about draining & refilling both holes and bringing it back in 5K miles!  I looked at my sales guy who by the way thought is was a recall (I new it wasn't) and informed him that I had lost 1/2  my fluid in 3k so I was suppose to grenade my tranny out of warranty to prove there is an issue?  I walked over to the parts counter & ordered a kit.
2017 CVO Street Glide-Dark Slate Candy & Artic Black

Sometimes it's the people who no one imagines anything of that do the things that no one can imagine

Prostock

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • AZ

« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2019, 03:27:36 PM »

For people that have installed this, is there ANY weepage from the vent.

bbrown

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG BLK/BLU
    • CVO2: 11 SESG. ORANGE/ BLK
    • CVO3: 19 SERG LIGHTNING/ SLVR
« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2019, 05:57:07 PM »

Interesting.  Is this something all M8s should have?. My dealer said they have a bulletin on this but can only get it done under warranty after 1000 miles and you jump through a lot of visits to check fluid levels by them🤪🤪🤪😳😳
« Last Edit: July 16, 2019, 06:02:30 PM by bbrown »

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2019, 07:14:49 PM »

Interesting.  Is this something all M8s should have?. My dealer said they have a bulletin on this but can only get it done under warranty after 1000 miles and you jump through a lot of visits to check fluid levels by them🤪🤪🤪😳😳

Typical of H-D, create a problem, then tell customers it's normal, then create a  specification to say up to 8 ounces of transfer is normal, then require customers to make multiple trips to the dealership for BS fluid level checks, then refer back to the new "spec" that says fluid transfer of a certain amount is OK (which it most definitely is NOT).  There is a reason why I haven't bought another Harley since 2005, and this is just one example of why.

If you have fluid transfer, and you can check it yourself if you want, Harley has no real fix and it appears they have no plan to offer a real fix of the root cause of the problem, then you can fight with them or you can do what they've forced many of us to do over the past twenty or more years, fix it yourself at your own expense.  This BS is getting really old, and I can't for the life of me understand why people keep buying this companies products.

Jerry

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

mark

« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2019, 07:30:51 PM »

Going by for a fluid level check may not seem like a big deal when you live near a dealer, but what a PITA when it's a 150 mile round trip.

J.D.

« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2019, 07:36:38 PM »

Typical of H-D, create a problem, then tell customers it's normal, then create a  specification to say up to 8 ounces of transfer is normal, then require customers to make multiple trips to the dealership for BS fluid level checks, then refer back to the new "spec" that says fluid transfer of a certain amount is OK (which it most definitely is NOT).  There is a reason why I haven't bought another Harley since 2005, and this is just one example of why.

If you have fluid transfer, and you can check it yourself if you want, Harley has no real fix and it appears they have no plan to offer a real fix of the root cause of the problem, then you can fight with them or you can do what they've forced many of us to do over the past twenty or more years, fix it yourself at your own expense.  This BS is getting really old, and I can't for the life of me understand why people keep buying this companies products.

Jerry

This ^^^

bbrown

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG BLK/BLU
    • CVO2: 11 SESG. ORANGE/ BLK
    • CVO3: 19 SERG LIGHTNING/ SLVR
« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2019, 09:44:11 PM »

Jerry

yup...kinda feel like a dumb ass.  “ doing the same thing over and over again hoping it will get better..”  meanwhile my friends are riding Indians🤪

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2019, 09:11:36 AM »

Reminds me of 07, When they decided up to 12 thousand runout was acceptable from 3 thous my service manual said was max. :nixweiss:

how2

• Junior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2019, 04:05:15 AM »

DO YOU HAVE TO REMOVE THE OIL DEFLECTOR IN THE TRANSMISSION, AND IF SO WHY

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
« Reply #26 on: September 04, 2019, 06:12:47 AM »

Anyone have a part number for the vent?
I just bought my '17 CVO Street Glide and now I'm all freaking nervous about the engine! I bought it used from the Stealership and have NO warranty. All the hose venting talk and sumping talk has me freaked out! I cannot afford to put a new motor in her at this point! DAMN
Didn't they offer the ESP when you bought it? Where'd you get it from.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2019, 08:48:45 PM by OBB »
PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

Cartman34

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

« Reply #27 on: September 04, 2019, 09:11:48 AM »

Nope. Just loan type insurance... Only had 6000 miles on it. I asked about a ONE year warranty... Didn't happen.
'17 CVO Screaming Eagle Street Glide
'05 Softail Deuce

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

« Reply #28 on: September 04, 2019, 11:42:54 AM »

Nope. Just loan type insurance... Only had 6000 miles on it. I asked about a ONE year warranty... Didn't happen.

In other words they sold you the bike "as is", and were such poor salespeople they didn't even offer to sell you an ESP?  I hope you don't have reason in the future to have any dealings with that place.

You can buy an ESP from other places besides the dealer you bought the bike from, or even direct from the ESP companies.  I'm thinking however when you talk about warranty, what you wanted was for them to throw in a one year warranty at no charge to you. 

Jerry

CVOStreetglide

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2015 CVO Street Glide
    • CVO2: 2012 CVO Street Glide (Sold)
    • CVO3: 2010 CVO Street Glide (Sold) CVO4: 2006 VRXSE DESTROYER (Sold)
« Reply #29 on: September 04, 2019, 01:28:01 PM »

In other words they sold you the bike "as is", and were such poor salespeople they didn't even offer to sell you an ESP?  I hope you don't have reason in the future to have any dealings with that place.

You can buy an ESP from other places besides the dealer you bought the bike from, or even direct from the ESP companies.  I'm thinking however when you talk about warranty, what you wanted was for them to throw in a one year warranty at no charge to you. 

Jerry

Jerry:

Since his purchase is fairly recent, I wonder if he can avail himself of the aftermarket warranty companies that many here have used.

I tried to turn them up with the search function but came up empty.

He would then be covered for whatever happens as long as he doesn’t violate the modifications requirement.

Best regards

Jerry
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Page created in 0.168 seconds with 25 queries.