Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: SE2 Options  (Read 2162 times)

tferguss

• 2XESS
SE2 Options
« on: October 01, 2004, 08:44:18 PM »

Hello,

I am new to the site and my first Harley is the SE2. I thought I should go "whole-hog" (no pun, really).
Does anyone know just what SE options are added to the Deuce to make it the CVO SE2? I've had no luck finding any answers or even a list.

Thanks,
Tferguss

[smiley=beerchug.gif]

psycho

• Senior CVO Member
  • Surfer/Biker Dude
Re: SE2 Options
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2004, 09:37:58 PM »

Well...a yellow one finally shows up! Welcome. Do I understand you corectly that you have no idea what differentiates the CVO from stock? Well, the list is pretty long. I think if you head over to the Harley site, and click on CVO, the list might still be there (I'll have to check). Too bad your dealer couldn't havve given you the brochure that lists all the mods.  

Loose_Goose

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2004, 09:41:21 PM »

The engine is bumped up to 1550cc, custom paint, and lots of chrome.  If you want a list go to a Harley website and go under History of CVO.  I think this is on this website somewhere.  I'll look for it and get back to you.
12" HD 440s, Freedom pipes, Powercommander, detachable king tourpack, Fastaire 8" windshield, custom made Corbin heated seat and Hogtunes!

psycho

• Senior CVO Member
  • Surfer/Biker Dude
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2004, 09:55:48 PM »

« Last Edit: October 02, 2004, 09:58:50 PM by psychodeuce »

tferguss

• 2XESS
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2004, 02:32:33 AM »

Thanks for the reply folks. I do understand the options of the CVO paint schemes and chrome that would cost a fortune to do from scratch.

I should have made my question clearer by focusing on the engine. I know the CVO Deuce has the 95 CI engine package, but what I wonder is just how much is in the engine package. Is it a Stage 1 or Stage 2 (I'm not sure what the difference is)? Does it have the Screamin' Eagle ignition? Are the exhaust pipes better than standard or the SEII pipes? Or, does it have all the SE options in the engine?

I bought the bike for the options, knowing it is a bargin if I had to do all the options on a standard. I am happy with it. Just curious about it. I've been riding a Valkyrie for the last three years. I knew some day I would have a Harley parked beside it but didn't find one I really liked until I saw the CVO.

Thanks again,

tferguss

mfgreen

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2004, 09:43:12 AM »

Thanks for the reply folks. I do understand the options of the CVO paint schemes and chrome that would cost a fortune to do from scratch.

I should have made my question clearer by focusing on the engine. I know the CVO Deuce has the 95 CI engine package, but what I wonder is just how much is in the engine package. Is it a Stage 1 or Stage 2 (I'm not sure what the difference is)? Does it have the Screamin' Eagle ignition? Are the exhaust pipes better than standard or the SEII pipes? Or, does it have all the SE options in the engine?

I bought the bike for the options, knowing it is a bargin if I had to do all the options on a standard. I am happy with it. Just curious about it. I've been riding a Valkyrie for the last three years. I knew some day I would have a Harley parked beside it but didn't find one I really liked until I saw the CVO.

Thanks again,

tferguss

Welcome to the site.

Your motor is a platform for improvement and will look good during that process.

The motor is different than if you would have built it out of the catalog of Screamin' Eagle parts.  It can be improved.  The exhaust are only to meet EPA regs.

H-D MoCo has taken poetic license of the name of their racing parts division and attached that moniker to many parts that are not necesarrily high performance in anything but removing money from your wallet.  You will see that it is just not that easy to say "I want Screamin' Eagle this or that and expect that you will have an increase in the level of performance that you designate (StageI Stage II Stage III).  

My recommendation is to take your time with your mechanic or engine builder in searching out a good dyno tuner and build the motor to the level of performance that will complement your style of riding and fulfill your wishes of balance of performance received for dollars spent.

Mike

Page created in 0.131 seconds with 21 queries.