Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Progressive Airshocks  (Read 2255 times)

SEDeuce

Progressive Airshocks
« on: November 22, 2004, 12:08:01 PM »

I got my SE Deuce in July (a birthday present from my wife who just got an '05 SE Fatboy). I've put about 8,000 miles on it in the 4 months since but the seat and suspension have been killing my already messed up lower back. I just put on a Mustang Vintage seat with driver backrest and it's like riding on a cloud compared to the stock seat. I'll be getting some kind of custom seat cover to jazz up the plain black vinyl. I'm planning on adding Progressive airshocks. Does anyone have any experience with these shocks?
'03 FXSTDSEI2

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
Re: Progressive Airshocks
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2004, 09:49:44 PM »

Welcome to the board SEDeuce! [smiley=beerchug.gif]  Can't help you with you question......you're probably already figuring it out......bad back = SEEG!  Had a couple disks removed a few years back and that's what made me switch to baggers.

In less than a week on a bagger, I'd wished that I had done it five years earlier.  Just way to comfortable with the tunes blasting and all.

Anyway, just wanted to welcome you and good luck in your hunt for comfort.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG Orange & Black All Attitude
    • CVO2: 08 CUSE Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver the Cruiser
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2004, 08:34:01 AM »

Seduece I'd stay away for the air shock and look at the 440's or a similer spring shock as opposed to air.  Welcome to the site theres alot of info here hope we can be of help to one another.
2008FLHTCUSE3 Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver
Freedom Gear drive cams, Elite D Exhaust.

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander
W/ American legend trailer<br

reo

• Elite CVO Member
  • Got Chrome ?

• CVO1: Red FLSTFSE
    • CVO2: B&B FLHTCSE
    • royogren.com/gallery/
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2004, 06:36:31 PM »

mr_magoo do you or anyone you know have any experience with with the progressive air ride SEDuece was refering to I believe they call it "Airtail"? I am also interested in this shock package because of its design having 1 spring shock and one air shock with the option of putting an onboard compressor. Someone else told me these airide systems ride harsh but I havent actually talked to anyone who has had first hand experience with the progressive Airtail system.

no-rain

• Senior CVO Member
  • Man it is good to be a SE Ultra owner
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2004, 07:01:53 PM »

REO, are you thinking about changing out the stock shocks on the FB? If so, the December 04 Hot Bike magazine has an article on installing EMS Softail shocks.
--  No-Rain (aka rainman)  --
06 SE Ultra List of UCEG SE mods
05 SE Fatboy

reo

• Elite CVO Member
  • Got Chrome ?

• CVO1: Red FLSTFSE
    • CVO2: B&B FLHTCSE
    • royogren.com/gallery/
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2004, 07:31:32 PM »

Thanks rainman I have that article, very good in that it explains the installation procedure and shows what the parts really look like installed, quite impressive I think. The article doesn't go on to a do a complete road test evaluation in comparing the ride of the Airtail to a stock or even aftermarket shock package. I think I would be more apt to beleive someone on this board or someone who has nothing to gain (as in advertising) like the magazine you were talking about.

I guess I was just wondering if anyone had any experience with the Airtail. My reasoning is  if my bike starts to bottom when I go on a long trip with my wife having it all bagged up I just thought this could be an answer. I also like the Idea of being able to slam it in that you can add air to lower the bike when you park it just for shock value (no pun intended)  [smiley=laugh.gif] [smiley=laugh.gif]

Page created in 0.14 seconds with 21 queries.