Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: Singin' a new tune...  (Read 7938 times)

skull

• Full CVO Member
  • "Getter Dunn"
Re: Singin' a new tune...
« Reply #30 on: October 20, 2004, 09:09:04 PM »

Today I got my new pipes put on.  I went with a bold move and had Bassani Pro Streets in "black".  They look good and sound great. Something strange though, the Service Manager came out and said there was no download for the 03' SE Deuce.  He said that he would have had to go with a Screamin' Eagle download that was similar to my set-up and that wold be risky because if it did not work, they could not change it back, they would need to change the ECM.

He said that because the bike was set up for Stage 1 performance, I did not need a new download.  They took it for a test ride and tole me it rode fine, then he pulled the plugs and they looked good also.  

He said my only option would be to install the race tuner and fine tune the bike on a Dyno to create its own map.

Has anyone else run into this when changing out the exhaust system and installing the hi-flow breather kit?

Skull

Here is a picture from the camera phone, I will take some good ones tomorrow and post.

skull

• Full CVO Member
  • "Getter Dunn"
« Reply #31 on: October 20, 2004, 09:09:50 PM »

another

skull

• Full CVO Member
  • "Getter Dunn"
« Reply #32 on: October 20, 2004, 09:11:12 PM »

closer look

pushrod

« Reply #33 on: October 20, 2004, 10:55:15 PM »

Now you got me curious.  I have an '04 and the dealer installed a Screamin' Eagle 2 into 1 system, part number 64796-00A.  We did the air cleaner kit and then he downloaded cartridge p/n 32958-04.  I wonder if that was the right one.  The bike runs great.

skull

• Full CVO Member
  • "Getter Dunn"
« Reply #34 on: October 20, 2004, 11:16:44 PM »

Pushrod,

My ride back from the dealer was roughly 55 miles and I rode all types of roads... Highway, Stop & Go, country road and the bike ran really well.  I see that WFP also got a download but his part number is different than the one you just gave.  

I think I am just going to get the SE Race Tuner and have the dyno'd and have it tuned correctly.  While it runds great, you never know what might be going on with the motor.

Skull
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.151 seconds with 24 queries.