Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Stock CVO Deuce Sound  (Read 2281 times)

psycho

• Senior CVO Member
  • Surfer/Biker Dude
Stock CVO Deuce Sound
« on: August 23, 2004, 07:43:23 PM »

Unfortunately, I never heard my bike stock--had SE2's installed upon delivery. Called dealer today, asked whether torque mufflers would be quieter than SE2's--told them I just wasn't warming up to the loudness of SE2's. They said torque would be quieter, but with different sound--kid of a put-put-put (what ever the hell that is!). Well, they suggested I put stock pipes back on and give them a try, as they have a higher flow than regular stock bike pipes. Is anybody here running stock CVO deuce pipes? Can you tell me what they sound like. I rode a stock wideglide, so I have an idea how quiet stock bike is.

Des

Re: Stock CVO Deuce Sound
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2004, 08:15:19 PM »

Funny I thought the stock pipes were on the quiet side and went to the SE2's. I would show up places and friends would say they didn't hear me coming. I rode with a guy with straight pipes and decided the SE2's are just right. just my op...
03 RK
04 SED

psycho

• Senior CVO Member
  • Surfer/Biker Dude
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2004, 10:23:39 PM »

Funny I thought the stock pipes were on the quiet side and went to the SE2's. I would show up places and friends would say they didn't hear me coming. I rode with a guy with straight pipes and decided the SE2's are just right. just my op...

So Des, would you say that the CVO stock pipes sound just as quiet as stock-stock pipes? I've been told the CVO stock pipes have increased flow over stock. Guess the exhaust note wasn't affected all that much. I still haven't done anything yet (haven't been riding much this summer actually)--still considering the Tapered SEII's.

tferguss

• 2XESS
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2004, 08:18:41 PM »

Hello,

I have an 2004 with stock pipes. They are reasonably quiet. I have thought of moving on to the SEIIs, but I will have to have the SFI system modified to run right. I would not want to have all that done and find the pipes too loud, only to go back to stock as well as replacing the SFI control module. I'm satisfied with the sound for now.

tferguss [smiley=beerchug.gif]

Page created in 0.128 seconds with 24 queries.