Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Assy Plug?  (Read 2118 times)

SSTuner

• Senior CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 2016 CVO Pro Street Breakout
Assy Plug?
« on: June 28, 2016, 06:45:54 AM »

While installing my H-D Pager module I noticed a plug just below the swing arm bumper.  Any ideas what it's used for?
Ray
2016 CVO Pro Street Breakout
Starfire Black

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
Re: Assy Plug?
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2016, 08:48:02 AM »

Are you talking about the connector with what looks like a red and yellow wire entering the back?  Is it plugged into anything, or just an extra connector plugged into nothing?

As far as I know they use the same wiring harness for all fifty states, so items only required in California such as the fuel vapor canister and purge valve would have wiring and a connector in the harness even though the parts are not installed in the other 49 states.  So there is that possibility if it's not actually connected to anything.  Consult the actual wiring diagram for the bike to tell for sure.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

SSTuner

• Senior CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 2016 CVO Pro Street Breakout
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2016, 08:52:33 AM »

The plug is just plugged into a plastic cast socket to keep it from flopping around with nothing on the other side.

I got both the mechanical and electrical manuals on order. 

Thanks
Ray
2016 CVO Pro Street Breakout
Starfire Black

gmeikle

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2008 FXSTSSE2

• CVO1: 2008 FXSTSSE2 Diamond Black
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2016, 06:31:03 AM »

Some European ( and by default Australian !) models have an "Active exhaust" noise reduction system standard as an "international" model.

Kinda looks like one of those plugs to me..Here in Australia we usually piss them off in various ways ASAP
No illegitimi carborundum

Highjagger

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • tradition`s not worship ash but pass on the fire

• CVO1: FXSE Breakout Pro Street 2016 ,- and 2011 Crossbones FLSTSB ,- and 2016 LowRider s FXDLs
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2016, 12:44:57 AM »

Some European ( and by default Australian !) models have an "Active exhaust" noise reduction system standard as an "international" model.

Kinda looks like one of those plugs to me..Here in Australia we usually piss them off in various ways ASAP

This active exhaust is not allowed anymore since 2016,01,01 by the builder of the bike (only aftermarket exhaust are allowed to be active , and they use their own electrical wires)
« Last Edit: July 05, 2016, 03:30:15 PM by Highjagger »
Success is to stand up one more than to fall down

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2016, 08:19:15 AM »

There is no active exhaust shown on the parts lists for the 2016 Pro Street, and no electrical connection for it shown in the wiring diagram.  There are three different mufflers listed, one for domestic and Canada, a different one for Japan, and a third one for HDI/Australia, and England.

I'm still betting the connector is for the carbon canister purge valve.  There is a connector shown in the diagrams for that, even though the canister and purge valve are a California emissions system only item.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Page created in 0.159 seconds with 21 queries.