Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: headsets not working "new" 2015 FLTRUSE, worked on 2016 FLTRU.  (Read 1380 times)

zigzag930

• Full CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: '15 CVO RGU (FLTRUSE) Carbon Dust/Autumn Sunset: Hertz HCX165; FuelMoto Stainless 2-1-2; Fullsac 2.0;TTS-100; TTS Mastertune; SuperShox; Custom Dynamic Ringz, Freedom Shield

Hi all.  A few days ago we traded our '16 RGU for a '15 CVO RGU.  Loving the new ride, but having a few minor issues.

This is a question about the 7 pin headsets. 

We have two headsets and they worked perfectly on our 2016 FLTRU.  That bike was updated to the latest 1.21.0.4 Boom FW (actually the CVO version, renamed) and that was one of the best FW's since we bought the bike.  Everything worked perfectly.

Now enters the '15 FLTRUSE.  I installed the same new firmware on that bike a few days ago.  The headsets are really acting strange.

Rider:  When plugged in by itself, I get audio from all sources, but it the vocals are almost completely missing.  I hear the soundtrack just fine.  Almost like a surround sound track without the center dialog channel.  Very strange.  Also, the microphone does not work at all.  I get no voice recognition.   The VOX indicator never breaks either.

When the passenger plugs in, I lose the ability to control the rider volume.  I hear music, but it's at a pretty loud level.  The volume control almost acts as a "mixer" control, changing the sound of the soundtrack.  Best I can describe is it seems to be act lie a fader control from front to rear, even though only L/R channels.

I have attempted 1) Factory reset "a" pre-calibration, AND reloading the FW again.  No changes.

I realize this bike has stage one speakers and a boom amp, but I can't see that would make any differences to the headphone/microphone interface.

Is there any difference between the 2015 and 2016 headphones?   Harley's web site (always inaccurate and incomplete) say these will work, but that doesn't give me any real confidence.

Not sure if this is a CVO related question or it should go over to the HD or RG forums, but this group has been very helpful to me already, so thought I'd try for an answer here first.

All suggestions are appreciated.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2017, 05:05:07 PM by zigzag930 »

Glenncarp

Re: headsets not working "new" 2015 FLTRUSE, worked on 2016 FLTRU.
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2017, 05:17:12 PM »

Hi all.  A few days ago we traded our '16 RGU for a '15 CVO RGU.  Loving the new ride, but having a few minor issues.

This is a question about the 7 pin headsets. 

We have two headsets and they worked perfectly on our 2016 FLTRU.  That bike was updated to the latest 1.21.0.4 Boom FW (actually the CVO version, renamed) and that was one of the best FW's since we bought the bike.  Everything worked perfectly.

Now enters the '15 FLTRUSE.  I installed the same new firmware on that bike a few days ago.  The headsets are really acting strange.

Rider:  When plugged in by itself, I get audio from all sources, but it the vocals are almost completely missing.  I hear the soundtrack just fine.  Almost like a surround sound track without the center dialog channel.  Very strange.  Also, the microphone does not work at all.  I get no voice recognition.   The VOX indicator never breaks either.

When the passenger plugs in, I lose the ability to control the rider volume.  I hear music, but it's at a pretty loud level.  The volume control almost acts as a "mixer" control, changing the sound of the soundtrack.  Best I can describe is it seems to be act lie a fader control from front to rear, even though only L/R channels.

I have attempted 1) Factory reset "a" pre-calibration, AND reloading the FW again.  No changes.

I realize this bike has stage one speakers and a boom amp, but I can't see that would make any differences to the headphone/microphone interface.

Is there any difference between the 2015 and 2016 headphones?   Harley's web site (always inaccurate and incomplete) say these will work, but that doesn't give me any real confidence.

Not sure if this is a CVO related question or it should go over to the HD or RG forums, but this group has been very helpful to me already, so thought I'd try for an answer here first.

All suggestions are appreciated.

Strange, I don't have much in the way of help for you except to tell you I had an '11 SERGU and then bought '16 SERGU and headset from '11 worked fine on '16. No issues for me. Weird. Good luck, I am sure someone here will be of more help than I was.

King Glide

• 1K CVO Member
  • It's still Good To Be King !
    • LA

• CVO1: 2016 Roadglide Ultra
    • CVO2: 2014 Ultra Limited
    • CVO3: 2011 Roadglide Ultra
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2017, 06:42:37 PM »

There is a difference between the regular software update and the CVO version. You said you flashed it with the same flash as you did your '16 and if that's the case I believe the CVO should have given you an error message, I know if you try to load the 4" screen software into the 6.5 you will get the message. I would wipe the flash drive clean and use the premium CVO 6.5 update and try things again.
Got another shark and there's blood in the wind.
Back to the dark side !
  Personalized Plate
         GD2BKG

zigzag930

• Full CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: '15 CVO RGU (FLTRUSE) Carbon Dust/Autumn Sunset: Hertz HCX165; FuelMoto Stainless 2-1-2; Fullsac 2.0;TTS-100; TTS Mastertune; SuperShox; Custom Dynamic Ringz, Freedom Shield
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2017, 07:18:03 PM »

Yes exact same firmware.  You can rename the cvo fw so it will load in non cvo boom systems.   Used cvo in both bikes just changed name to load into rgu

Glenncarp

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2017, 07:36:37 PM »

Yes exact same firmware.  You can rename the cvo fw so it will load in non cvo boom systems.   Used cvo in both bikes just changed name to load into rgu

Why? Why not go to HD, download the software they put on the site for the CVO and use that? I do not understand renaming a software that is not specifically made for your model. Maybe I am missing something here, but IMHO, it is more than worth trying the correct software by the company that makes the bike
« Last Edit: April 30, 2017, 07:38:08 PM by Glenncarp »

zigzag930

• Full CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2017, 07:46:18 PM »

That's exactly what I did.  Downloaded the Cvo fw.  That's what got loaded into the CVO.   Then I copied the file and renamed it so I could load it into the non cvo.  People have been doing this for a while on non cvo radios

But to be clear, the cvo has the cvo fw.  In fact I downloaded it again just to be sure I had a clean cooy

King Glide

• 1K CVO Member
  • It's still Good To Be King !
    • LA

• CVO1: 2016 Roadglide Ultra
    • CVO2: 2014 Ultra Limited
    • CVO3: 2011 Roadglide Ultra
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2017, 08:20:14 PM »

Based on flashing it with the correct firmware I'd have look towards the radio itself but, before going that way, check the continuity of the wires between the plug and amp. I very much doubt the issue is the headsets.
Got another shark and there's blood in the wind.
Back to the dark side !
  Personalized Plate
         GD2BKG

paconico1992

• Senior CVO Member
    • MN

• CVO1: 2015/16/17/18 CVO Street Glides
    • CVO2: 2010 Softtail Convertible
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2017, 08:02:48 AM »

When did Harley come out with 1.21.0.4 Boom FW version? Didn't they just come out with 1.20.3 version a couple of months ago?

Glenncarp

« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2017, 08:04:42 AM »

When did Harley come out with 1.21.0.4 Boom FW version? Didn't they just come out with 1.20.3 version a couple of months ago?

I installed it about 3 weeks ago, I don't think i came out too much before I had installed it

zigzag930

• Full CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2017, 09:00:23 AM »

To anyone who was following this tread, problem resolved.  Bad radio.

https://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=112021.0

Page created in 0.157 seconds with 21 queries.