Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6  All

Author Topic: Wild Hogs Movie Review  (Read 9668 times)

erniezap

• Global Moderator
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 SEUC - Black/Orange
Re: Wild Hogs Movie Review
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2007, 01:17:52 PM »

A group of about 20 biker friends and I saw it last night.  Worth seeing.  I just didn't realize that they made a movie about JC, Jonga, and AK's cross-country trip last year!  :huepfenjump3:
2012 Black/Orange SEUC

sfarson

• On a Ride
  • Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSE3

• CVO1: 2007 FLHRSE3
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2007, 01:31:09 AM »

Five stars from me.  Movies are for entertaining and this one does so IMO.  Believe the whole theater watching with me would have concurred!

woody

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2007, 10:00:50 PM »

Sounds great. I think I'll try to get a group from my local chapter together to see movie.
WOODY

Bully

« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2007, 01:10:06 PM »

My wife and I saw the movie yesterday and were Very dissappointed.  On a scale of 1-10 we each gave it a 3.  I think that we expected too much.  We found it rather shallow....and thought that they missed lots of opportunities to have made it a great movie.  I believe that if they had solicited ideas from Bikers across the country ..they could had had some great skits. 

I know we are in the minority...our son also disagrees with us...but it is our opinion...we just didn't find it all that funny.  It was good for a few chuckles but no belly laughs.

cigarmike

« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2007, 10:38:45 AM »

Took the wife last night to this , it was a little hoakie, and not very realistic, I mean come on.....they didnt even stop at one single strip club the whole trip????

ronshood2000

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHRSE3
« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2007, 01:16:35 PM »

Just watched BORAT for the first time, disgustingly hilarious. There are some elements, if I were an actor, I'd draw the line and not do. This movie is funny.
Ron

My103

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2007, 04:20:53 PM »

The wife and I saw it a couple of weeks ago at a sneak preveiw, we thought it was pretty good in part because we traveled through Madrid, NM and over the Rio Grande going into Taos, NM. on our trip last fall and to see those places in the movie brought back some great memories. I woud say it's a must see for all riders.

Enjoy
Mac

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2007, 09:29:35 AM »

Not sure when I'll get out to see it, problem is I don't do movies all that much when they hit the theaters, usually wait to see them later or on DVD.

It is fun to hear the "critics" on radio and television panning the movie and then hear the reactions here and at the dealership.  Most all think it was funny, entertaining and a total spoof.  "Are there really bars like that? I mean ones where when you go in you get the looks and even chased out?"  Geez, evidently these people have never driven through Montana in college and stopped at a tavern for a beer.  "Are there really cowboys?"

Even if a lot of folks think it stinks, my bet is it's good for a few thousand motorcycle sales.  Watch out for the new crop of RUBs, they'll be in your mirrors soon. :bananarock:

ultrafxr

• There are no sure answers, only better questions. - Dick Van Dyke
  • 5k CVO Member
  • No problem is so small it cannot be misunderstood.
    • TN

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTCUTG Tahitian Teal
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE Palladium Silver/Phantom Blue/Wicked Sapphire-traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Electric Orange/Black Diamond-traded
« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2007, 12:39:05 PM »

Not sure when I'll get out to see it, problem is I don't do movies all that much when they hit the theaters, usually wait to see them later or on DVD.

It is fun to hear the "critics" on radio and television panning the movie and then hear the reactions here and at the dealership.  Most all think it was funny, entertaining and a total spoof.  "Are there really bars like that? I mean ones where when you go in you get the looks and even chased out?"  Geez, evidently these people have never driven through Montana in college and stopped at a tavern for a beer.  "Are there really cowboys?"

Even if a lot of folks think it stinks, my bet is it's good for a few thousand motorcycle sales.  Watch out for the new crop of RUBs, they'll be in your mirrors soon. :bananarock:
Just hope they know how to ride better than these guys.  Enjoyed the movie and it was funny but the way they were riding scared the chit out of me.

Places ridden on my bike from my driveway.
IBA member # 45520

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2007, 12:49:06 PM »

Just hope they know how to ride better than these guys.  Enjoyed the movie and it was funny but the way they were riding scared the chit out of me.

I caught about 3 minutes of them on Oprah pitchin' the movie and when Martin Lawrence started to tell how most of the riding was on a trailer, Tim Allen and Travolta just about had a cow.  It was hilarious.

Bloopers on you tube 
« Last Edit: March 09, 2007, 12:50:56 PM by Rjob749 »

EAGLE1

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE CVO Street Glide "Silvia"
    • CVO2: 2006 FLSTFSE² Screamin’ Eagle® Fat Boy® (SOLD)
« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2007, 02:00:30 PM »

rog, how does being a RUB's equate to experience level ? thats comment is not being fair to those Rich Urban Bastards.  :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

How about we call them  WIMP's  "Wannabe Inexperienced Motorcycle Posers"  :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3:
« Last Edit: March 09, 2007, 02:02:08 PM by EAGLE1 »
Toes in the water, ass in the sand

BobD

• Senior CVO Member
  • '06 FLHTCUSE
« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2007, 02:30:09 PM »

My wife and I saw the movie yesterday and were Very dissappointed.  On a scale of 1-10 we each gave it a 3.  I think that we expected too much.  We found it rather shallow....and thought that they missed lots of opportunities to have made it a great movie.  I believe that if they had solicited ideas from Bikers across the country ..they could had had some great skits. 

I know we are in the minority...our son also disagrees with us...but it is our opinion...we just didn't find it all that funny.  It was good for a few chuckles but no belly laughs.
My God Bully, what kind of a social statement were you expecting? Granted Wild Hogs wasn't produced in France and it doesn't have subtitles but it does make a very real life case for those of us who have ever suffered through a midlife crisis. Shallow? I  think not. It is also afterall a total spoof comedy meant to entertain. The theater we watched it in was packed and "belly laughs" were abundant. The movie was loaded with one liners that only those of us from "the road" would catch like "get rid of the watches" which came via a true motorcycle icon and generational legend. Did you enjoy or appreciate the cameo spots? Probably not if you were expecting "skits". :soapbox:
We will be remembered for all the rules we break.

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #27 on: March 09, 2007, 06:25:42 PM »

OK Eagle1, WIMPs it is :bananarock:

UK Dave

• Elite CVO Member
  • Born to be wild - well, for a few days at least
« Reply #28 on: March 09, 2007, 09:03:13 PM »

In my dust I think

Cheers

Dave
If you're not living on the edge - you're taking up too much room!

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG Orange & Black All Attitude
    • CVO2: 08 CUSE Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver the Cruiser
« Reply #29 on: March 09, 2007, 09:21:21 PM »

And they are the toughest Harleys I've ever seen.  As much as they crash they never barke anything.
2008FLHTCUSE3 Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver
Freedom Gear drive cams, Elite D Exhaust.

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander
W/ American legend trailer<br
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6  All

Page created in 0.175 seconds with 21 queries.