Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16

Author Topic: SERK Dyno Runs-Please post SERK Dyno Charts Here  (Read 59985 times)

MobileAGBell

• CVO1: 2013 110th Anniv SE Road King
Re: SERK Dyno Runs-Please post SERK Dyno Charts Here
« Reply #195 on: August 25, 2008, 10:19:49 AM »

Several pages back I found reference to ET sheets. Is this what you're talking about? (Quote: Still no clue on how long it takes to get there.)

What is an ET sheet?

skyhook

• Senior CVO Member
  • ride 'em don't hide 'em

• CVO1: '08 fxdse2
« Reply #196 on: August 25, 2008, 08:43:28 PM »

it's a dyno sheet which shows seconds at the bottom instead of rpm
08 fxdse2, r&r heads, 257 cam, hpi 55mm t/body, supermeg

kona76

• Elite CVO Member
  • Screamin' Eagle Rocks the SFV !!

• CVO1: 2005 FLSTFSE Screamin' Eagle FatBoy Slate Gray with Metal Grind
    • CVO2: 2008 FLHRSE4 Screamin' Eagle RoadKing Black Diamond with Silver Mist & Ghost Flames
    • CVO3: 2010 Screamin' Eagle FatKing Monster CVO with Jims 124" 200 HP / 200 TQ (dreamin of)
« Reply #197 on: November 17, 2008, 03:11:36 AM »

After 11,000 miles and almost 11 months, I finally had my SERK4 tuned. It was a hell of a experience cause moments after leaving the shop, the raging fires that swept Santa Barbara, CA area, and the Sylmar, CA area near hwy 14, hwy 5 and surrounding areas were the exact route home to the Pismo Beach area, CA area. Missed the fires by an hour or so, but caught much of the HWY 101 traffic that started north of where I was heading.

The scanner, printer and production value are weak at best. The numbers are strong by comparison. The touch up was done with Corel Paint Shop Pro 12.
FLSTFSE SE FatBoy & all the OCD Fixin's Top Notch Bar Hopper with hella HorsePower,Torque & Performance. Don't try this one at home, alone.

FLHRSE4 SE RoadKing Semi Stock Bagger for High Speed Power & Long Hauls, Two Up Comfort that Satisfies our Chrome Fixation Nation.

kona76

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO2: 2008 FLHRSE4 Screamin' Eagle RoadKing Black Diamond with Silver Mist & Ghost Flames
    • CVO3: 2010 Screamin' Eagle FatKing Monster CVO with Jims 124" 200 HP / 200 TQ (dreamin of)
« Reply #198 on: November 17, 2008, 03:16:01 AM »

The final runs were much better, but the dead spot throttle problem ( from standing through the first 5%-7%) remains. Actually, it got worse, and I have to go back again...damn thing dies on me now with consistancy. I have to rev higher and feather the clutch to find the variable sweet spot for acceleration until this is tuned again.
FLSTFSE SE FatBoy & all the OCD Fixin's Top Notch Bar Hopper with hella HorsePower,Torque & Performance. Don't try this one at home, alone.

FLHRSE4 SE RoadKing Semi Stock Bagger for High Speed Power & Long Hauls, Two Up Comfort that Satisfies our Chrome Fixation Nation.

Dan_Lockwood

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #199 on: November 17, 2008, 08:54:56 AM »

The final runs were much better, but the dead spot throttle problem ( from standing through the first 5%-7%) remains. Actually, it got worse, and I have to go back again...damn thing dies on me now with consistency. I have to rev higher and feather the clutch to find the variable sweet spot for acceleration until this is tuned again.

Congrats for two reasons, getting out of the area before you fried and getting your bike dyno'd.

Those numbers look very good.  As we've all discussed to some length lately in other threads, improvements before and after on the same dyno are what matters and how the bike runs afterwards.  To compare numbers from one dyno to another is less than reliable.

Not to open another can or worms on dyno's, but why can't they all be calibrated to be the same?  In the motor dyno area, which they used on my blown hemi motor, the builder explained that calibration for temp, humidity, fuel etc are all inputs that control the results.  Anybody using a dyno has the weather at the location to tell the software what the stats are at that time.  I see these listed on the bottom of the dyno sheets posted here as well.

My guy explained that he could give me "real" numbers, or he could give me "Hot Rod" numbers.  He said that normally for the magazines they don't calibrate, but use standard weather and they tend to produce about a 5% increase in the numbers.  I took the real and lived with it.

But chassis dyno's have been in use for decades for automotive and no one seems to complain about them.

I think I'll start another thread so as to not hijack this one.   :soapbox:

What mods do you have on your SERK?

Again the comparison thing is not good, but my '08 SERK has PCMIII, SEAC, V&H Duals/Ovals.  I think my HP, or lack there of, is due to the pipes.  Most people say that the V&H pipes/mufflers are NOT good for power, but the reason I bough them was that they sound deeper and with less "rattle" than some of the others.  On my dyno run it didn't break 90 hp but it did improve almost 9 hp from what I had been running with, the mods and a canned map from the first one posted back in December '07 from Power Commander.  The new map is very smooth and I have no hesitation or lag in my throttle, no back firing or dying.  The seat of the pants dyno says I got my monies worth.

Others here have talked about a dead spot or major hesitations from the TBW system on the '08s.  Someone said that their dealer just set it up and programmed his throttle lag away.

Good luck with the stalling and hope they get it fixed for you quickly.

Thanks for posting your results.

:)  :)  :)
Dan

2009 SERG Orange / Black
Board Track Racer Project, Ultima 113"/6spd
2021 Coleman UT400 Side By Side

kona76

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #200 on: November 17, 2008, 04:01:18 PM »

Congrats for two reasons, getting out of the area before you fried and getting your bike dyno'd.

Those numbers look very good.  As we've all discussed to some length lately in other threads, improvements before and after on the same dyno are what matters and how the bike runs afterwards.  To compare numbers from one dyno to another is less than reliable.

Not to open another can or worms on dyno's, but why can't they all be calibrated to be the same?  In the motor dyno area, which they used on my blown hemi motor, the builder explained that calibration for temp, humidity, fuel etc are all inputs that control the results.  Anybody using a dyno has the weather at the location to tell the software what the stats are at that time.  I see these listed on the bottom of the dyno sheets posted here as well.

My guy explained that he could give me "real" numbers, or he could give me "Hot Rod" numbers.  He said that normally for the magazines they don't calibrate, but use standard weather and they tend to produce about a 5% increase in the numbers.  I took the real and lived with it.

But chassis dyno's have been in use for decades for automotive and no one seems to complain about them.

I think I'll start another thread so as to not hijack this one.   :soapbox:

What mods do you have on your SERK?

Again the comparison thing is not good, but my '08 SERK has PCMIII, SEAC, V&H Duals/Ovals.  I think my HP, or lack there of, is due to the pipes.  Most people say that the V&H pipes/mufflers are NOT good for power, but the reason I bough them was that they sound deeper and with less "rattle" than some of the others.  On my dyno run it didn't break 90 hp but it did improve almost 9 hp from what I had been running with, the mods and a canned map from the first one posted back in December '07 from Power Commander.  The new map is very smooth and I have no hesitation or lag in my throttle, no back firing or dying.  The seat of the pants dyno says I got my monies worth.

Others here have talked about a dead spot or major hesitations from the TBW system on the '08s.  Someone said that their dealer just set it up and programmed his throttle lag away.

Good luck with the stalling and hope they get it fixed for you quickly.

Thanks for posting your results.

:)  :)  :)

What's up Dan? My mods are simple.....RH True Duals, SE High Flow, SERT, and an aftermarket package like the Alpha N Mentor with a cam installed. The aftermarket "Mentor" is just a fine tune follow up for a good tune, the cam is a kick axx mid RPM range horsepower and torque boost with the adjustable pushrods, etc...

Thanks

Mike K.
kona76

Dan_Lockwood

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #201 on: November 17, 2008, 10:45:52 PM »

What's up Dan? My mods are simple.....RH True Duals, SE High Flow, SERT, and an aftermarket package like the Alpha N Mentor with a cam installed. The aftermarket "Mentor" is just a fine tune follow up for a good tune, the cam is a kick axx mid RPM range horsepower and torque boost with the adjustable pushrods, etc...

Thanks

Mike K.
kona76

Mike, thanks.

I'm sure, as lots of guys here have said, the 110" needs more cam to wake it up.  It sounds like you've done just that.  For right now I think I have all I need.  Yes, the numbers are not what I would have liked to have seen, but it runs great and is just a blast to ride.

I hope you get the throttle problem corrected.

Ride safe and have fun riding a very nice bike.

:) :) :)
Dan

2009 SERG Orange / Black
Board Track Racer Project, Ultima 113"/6spd
2021 Coleman UT400 Side By Side

kona76

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #202 on: November 17, 2008, 11:43:06 PM »

Mike, thanks.

I'm sure, as lots of guys here have said, the 110" needs more cam to wake it up.  It sounds like you've done just that.  For right now I think I have all I need.  Yes, the numbers are not what I would have liked to have seen, but it runs great and is just a blast to ride.

I hope you get the throttle problem corrected.

Ride safe and have fun riding a very nice bike.

:) :) :)

Thanks Dan.

Ya know, I have an uneasy feeling that the "trained Guru Tech" (who by the way is an excellent mech/tech) may not have the solution to the dead throttle semi-mystery. I have read many entries about the problem, heat management system causing grief for the TBW system, tuning it out, flashing this and that first...It is so over my head only due to my lack of experience with the SERT and this exact problem.

I think I can consider myself well read, and versed on the topic, even if I am not exactly sure of the paramiters. Yet, I really do feel for the less than savvy HD owner who would be lost in the crisis and only have the "dealer" for backup. One of the reasons I am thankful for this site and the family of CVO owners who share with great cause and effect.

My next stage is to return to the scene of the crime, the tuners shop in Pearblossom, CA (hundreds of miles away from the central coast); give the tech the insight I have (very little) and see if he can tune out my first 5-7% problem. Or, I'll will have him restore settings that are closer to the way I brought it to them, and later take it to another tuner I know in Hayward @ RC Cycles. He can do almost anything, and I have faith in him bigtime.

That's where my next few days will be spent.

Mike K.
kona76

eddfive

« Reply #203 on: November 19, 2008, 10:41:53 AM »

All of the newest tuning software programs have a table called Throttle Progresstivity.  This table can be adjusted so there is no lag in the electronic throttle when twisting the grip. 

kona76

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #204 on: November 20, 2008, 07:20:32 AM »

All of the newest tuning software programs have a table called Throttle Progresstivity.  This table can be adjusted so there is no lag in the electronic throttle when twisting the grip. 

eddfive,

Wow again. I have read your posts and I'm wide open to your train of thought. You make techical stuff sound sensible. At least from what I have read so far....

A few questions comes to mind: Does the newest tuning software programs have the SERT as the hardware link? I have part #32107-01L as my EFI Race Tuner. Is the new software compatible with all SERTs? And does that mean flashing on top of a tuners work?

Any direction is greatly appreciated

Mike K.
kona76

Hardy

• Junior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: FLHRSE3
    • CVO2: FXDSE2
« Reply #205 on: November 27, 2008, 05:04:30 PM »

Hi,

I willl post my dyno sheet as soon as possible.
Have a, 2007 serk3 with Screamin'Eagle Heavy Breather and a German Street Legal Kess Tech exhaust.
When the Exhaust System is open it ha 100 hp and a torque of 124

Peter

Slowride262

« Reply #206 on: December 05, 2008, 12:54:30 PM »

Here's a run on with my 103"!!
Seem's to be making more then you guys with there 110"
You Can't Win At A Game Of LOSERS

Talon

• Life is like a jar of jalapenos, what you do today may get you in the a$$ tomorrow!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #207 on: December 05, 2008, 01:15:58 PM »

Here's a run on with my 103"!!
Seem's to be making more then you guys with there 110"

Depends, what gear was this run pulled in, what SAE correction was used?

Slowride262

« Reply #208 on: December 05, 2008, 01:26:09 PM »

5th gear, Number 5 SAE smoothing.
Running a 535 S&S gear cam.
Stock pipes.
10:1 pistons
Arlen Ness big Sucker.
Just put on a set of V&H Big Shot Longs so I don't have the new sheet till spring but it should be higher after the next tune. 
You Can't Win At A Game Of LOSERS

Talon

• Life is like a jar of jalapenos, what you do today may get you in the a$$ tomorrow!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #209 on: December 05, 2008, 01:41:45 PM »

5th gear, Number 5 SAE smoothing.
Running a 535 S&S gear cam.
Stock pipes.
10:1 pistons
Arlen Ness big Sucker.
Just put on a set of V&H Big Shot Longs so I don't have the new sheet till spring but it should be higher after the next tune. 

Not the smoothing, at the bottom it should say SAE then a number, look at kona76's slip above, changes to this number changes the HP and TQ output. Unscrupulous tuners some time do pulls at two different numbers to make it look like they did something, or to exaggerate what they did. As for the gear, there's no right or wrong, but most tuner's I know of pull in 4th gear, if you use 5th you hp and TQ numbers will be higher. So you have to compare apples to apples here. If you did a pull in 4th gear at the same time as your run, your numbers would be lower. Just things to watch when you go to a tuner, they can make things look better than they are. 
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16

Page created in 0.208 seconds with 21 queries.