Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Best speakers for 04 SEEG  (Read 557 times)

TonyO77

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • GA

• CVO1: 2004 SEEG
Best speakers for 04 SEEG
« on: June 28, 2021, 10:23:07 PM »

I currently have Hawg wired speakers, don’t know what model, I installed them about 6 years ago.
What are the best speakers that don’t require changing the stereo and have loud clean sound.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: Best speakers for 04 SEEG
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2021, 01:44:32 AM »

There are a butt ton of "good" to "great" speaker recommendations that can be made.  My ears aren't good enough to hear the difference between decent and fantastic sound anyway so paying big bucks for speakers doesn't really help me.  Our radios aren't the hottest output device in the world anyway so, again, just "good" speakers were always good enough for me.  Anymore I hardly ever play the radio when I'm riding anyway.  Prefer the sounds of the road.

In any case, some good marine speaker (I often used some Polk Audio) options are out there for not a ton of expense.  You may receive lots of other very good recommendations though.  Whatever you end up going be sure and take a look at a couple things when you go inside the fairing.  There's a little horizontal bracket that helps support the speaker.  They occasionally break.  And the large vertical bracket that supports the fairing itself broke with some regularity.  The latter broke often enough that Harley revised the part.  There are some significantly more expensive aftermarket options for those brackets.  The later revision of the Harley part does ok though (and for a fair bit less money) if you need them.  Just something to keep an eye out for while you're in there.

SIKBIRD

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • AL

• CVO1: 2004 FLHTCSE: Orange Pearl & Jet Black
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2021, 12:05:12 PM »

I ditched the stock head unit a while back so I can’t really comment on which speakers are best for a stock system but I can help you narrow your search.  The stock system is rated at 2ohms so you’ll need to find 2ohm speaker to replace them with.  There aren’t very many 2ohm speakers out there (relative to the number of 4ohm speakers a available) so that should help you find a few to compare  and decide which one to go with.  You can upgrade from the stock 5.25 to a 6.5” with brackets available on Amazon or eBay, if you decide to go bigger.  The audio rabbit hole is no different than the engine rabbit hole…with the whole “while I’m in there doing this, might as well do that”.  Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2021, 04:55:50 PM »

I ditched the stock head unit a while back so I can’t really comment on which speakers are best for a stock system but I can help you narrow your search.  The stock system is rated at 2ohms so you’ll need to find 2ohm speaker to replace them with.  There aren’t very many 2ohm speakers out there (relative to the number of 4ohm speakers a available) so that should help you find a few to compare  and decide which one to go with.  You can upgrade from the stock 5.25 to a 6.5” with brackets available on Amazon or eBay, if you decide to go bigger.  The audio rabbit hole is no different than the engine rabbit hole…with the whole “while I’m in there doing this, might as well do that”.  Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

Stock on the 04-05 SEEG's were 4 ohm systems. 2 ohm systems started in 06.

SIKBIRD

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • AL

• CVO1: 2004 FLHTCSE: Orange Pearl & Jet Black
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2021, 05:45:15 PM »

I stand corrected…I knew it was one or the other.  Thanks for the heads-up

Page created in 0.144 seconds with 21 queries.